Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Emblempros new billet parts !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 02:15 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by egott_91
Any chance that you could make a custom set of wheel center caps? I have machined face wheels and I'm not a fan of having chrome plated plastic center caps on machined wheels.

I would definitely be interested in wheel center caps if it's possible, I could send you guys a center cap to reference for measurements if you need it. I hate how they contrast...see?

Even if this were just for me, could it be done?

Let me get the machine here and in running condition, and then remind me about this. Can't put any GM logos on them, but we could probably make you a set.
I would definitely need one of yours as a template for the new ones.
Please let me know.

Thanks, Roger
Old 02-14-2011, 02:23 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by kicksZ28
What is the set for the 98 camaro gonna run and when can i order? Thanks
I just sold the 6 cap set above for $140.00 complete.
I will be adding the washer cap, and changing the style a little, so the final cost may be more due to the extra cap, but we will be selling caps seperately as well.

The oil cap is also on on my list, but the one with the raised center section would be harder, it would probably need to be the flat oil cap.

Thanks, Roger
Old 02-14-2011, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
Let me get the machine here and in running condition, and then remind me about this. Can't put any GM logos on them, but we could probably make you a set.
I would definitely need one of yours as a template for the new ones.
Please let me know.

Thanks, Roger
You wouldn't be able to etch "SS" onto them? No big deal really, I could buy a set of decals from Brent or something to put on.

I have 9 total caps like this so sending you one would be no problem. Haha. I got ones with SS on them instead of the corvette flag but that's because I didn't know of anyone that could do billet machining.

Any idea how much a set would cost? Also, whendo you plan on getting the machine?
Old 02-14-2011, 03:20 PM
FormerVendor

You wouldn't be able to etch "SS" onto them? No big deal really, I could buy a set of decals from Brent or something to put on.

I have 9 total caps like this so sending you one would be no problem. Haha. I got ones with SS on them instead of the corvette flag but that's because I didn't know of anyone that could do billet machining.

Any idea how much a set would cost? Also, whendo you plan on getting the machine?
The machine will be here this week sometime, It's large, and heavy so I have to position it, and get it ready to run. Next week we will start to get parts ready to make, if all goes well.
Not exactly sure of the cost on those yet, but if nothing else we are fair with pricing.
Thanks, Roger
Old 02-14-2011, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

The machine will be here this week sometime, It's large, and heavy so I have to position it, and get it ready to run. Next week we will start to get parts ready to make, if all goes well.
Not exactly sure of the cost on those yet, but if nothing else we are fair with pricing.
Thanks, Roger
Sounds good Roger. PM me when you ready for me to send you a center cap for referencing.

I've got products from you before and am very satisfied with the work so I know your quality of work is worth it. I was thinking it'd probably be around what an entire set of caps would cost. Just let me know. Thanks.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

Two of us here have Degrees in Industrial Technology, plus writing programs. So while it will be new to us a little, it certainly won't be completely unfamiliar.
We need to make some fixtures for the parts, then write programs for the parts. It may take us a month to get to full speed, but we will be making parts within a few days.

Thanks, Roger
Sounds great, i just started working at this job again (was working here before the economy went to ****) in Oct. of last year. So its been mostly a re-learning experience for me but have actually learned more in these few months because of my friend teaching me then what i did back then.

I agree though, once you guys get it going. You'll be knocking parts out quickly. Best of luck to you guys, ill probably 1 of those buyers in the future.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be VERY interested in the center caps as well !
Old 02-17-2011, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

So, saw it another thread you got the CNC machine. When do you want me to send you the center cap?

Any idea of what you think cost MIGHT be, like an estimate. I don't want to pay out the rear for center caps, ya' know. Lol.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:35 PM
FormerVendor

So, saw it another thread you got the CNC machine. When do you want me to send you the center cap?

Any idea of what you think cost MIGHT be, like an estimate. I don't want to pay out the rear for center caps, ya' know. Lol.
Well, It's 2 miles away in the truck terminal. Not exactly here yet.

I would need to see good clear pictures of the caps "uninstalled". Its all just time and how many tooling processes need to be done.
They are all different. The underhood caps are pretty simple to make. No complicated contours etc...
Hopefully we will get this machine tomorrow, but I cannot seem to get a positive answer about that, and the terminal is closed for the day.

Thanks, Roger
Old 02-17-2011, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, It's 2 miles away in the truck terminal. Not exactly here yet.

I would need to see good clear pictures of the caps "uninstalled". Its all just time and how many tooling processes need to be done.
They are all different. The underhood caps are pretty simple to make. No complicated contours etc...
Hopefully we will get this machine tomorrow, but I cannot seem to get a positive answer about that, and the terminal is closed for the day.

Thanks, Roger
I'll get pictures of the center caps for you this weekend. That picture was blurry, I know, but it was the only close up that showed how bad it looks. Lol
Old 02-17-2011, 11:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Nice work
Old 02-19-2011, 11:02 PM
11 Second Club

I have an extra center cap i can mail you guys for measurements for me and egott 91 . What could
we get put into the center of the caps ?
Old 02-19-2011, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZL1LT1
I have an extra center cap i can mail you guys for measurements for me and egott 91 . What could
we get put into the center of the caps ?
I have 5 extra! Lol.

I'll get him pictures tomorrow then when he needs one for measuring one of us can send it in
Old 02-19-2011, 11:12 PM
11 Second Club

Sounds good ! this is gonna sound weird but are you sure they fit the wheels right ?
i have a total of 9 caps and only 1 fits these wheels . They all look the same but they
will absolutely not fit because the dimensions are off .
Old 02-19-2011, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds good ! this is gonna sound weird but are you sure they fit the wheels right ?
i have a total of 9 caps and only 1 fits these wheels . They all look the same but they
will absolutely not fit because the dimensions are off .
5 are from OEWheels and the other 4 are 10 spoke SS center caps which I haven't installed yet. The 4 caps that came with my wheels when I ordered them fit nice and snug. No play at all that I can remember. Are yours loose?
Old 02-20-2011, 03:42 AM
11 Second Club

5 are from OEWheels and the other 4 are 10 spoke SS center caps which I haven't installed yet. The 4 caps that came with my wheels when I ordered them fit nice and snug. No play at all that I can remember. Are yours loose?
The 8 I have that dont fit are from eBay . I tried buying two different
sets from people that were the blank surfaces and both sets are too big .
they wont even click into the wheels at all . The 4 I have on the car now
are from OEW and of course those fit great . The extra 1 I have that fits good
is just one I found in a friends shop .
Old 02-20-2011, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

The 8 I have that dont fit are from eBay . I tried buying two different
sets from people that were the blank surfaces and both sets are too big .
they wont even click into the wheels at all . The 4 I have on the car now
are from OEW and of course those fit great . The extra 1 I have that fits good
is just one I found in a friends shop .
I'll make sure to get pictures of the ones from OEWheels and then send in one from them also. I haven't compared the 10 spoke center caps to the corvette flag ones yet, but I saw a thread on here where a guy had them and they worked. But, I'll make sure to send an OEWheels center cap so the dimensions are perfect for the wheels.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:28 AM
FormerVendor

Just so you guys know:

We received our much anticipated machine, and they built this thing custom for us, and built us the wrong one. SO, they are now building us the "right" one, and picking this other one up on Tuesday.
It will be at least two weeks, before we get the one we ordered.

Thanks, Roger
Old 02-20-2011, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just so you guys know:

We received our much anticipated machine, and they built this thing custom for us, and built us the wrong one. SO, they are now building us the "right" one, and picking this other one up on Tuesday.
It will be at least two weeks, before we get the one we ordered.

Thanks, Roger
That's fine, Roger. I'm in no rush since my car won't be out of storage till probably late march, early April anyways depending on Indiana weather. I can still get the pictures for you and send you a cap for measurement before you get the machine. That's no biggie.

I'll probably be ordering a custom emblem from you guys soon also.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:34 PM
On The Tree

Any updates on when the caps will be available? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Emblempros new billet parts !!!