Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

In regards to HID's in stock housings....

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think if someone is looking to make an educated decision on headlights -with all of these threads have been around- as long as they can use the search feature there wont be much difficulty understanding the pros and cons, as well as the whole douche-factor.. its just a shame theres so much bs to dig through, haha
Old 02-18-2011, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thecobrahunter
lol

I just love how lots of people go quoting the law on hid in reflector housing.

Yet, lots of these same people...

- drive their vehicle on slicks
- run with open cats
- run with long-tube headers
- doing burn-outs in their neighborhood at + 1am
- cutting people off at full speed between lanes of traffic
- run with all smog-equipment removed

...all in areas where such violations are themselves illegal.
amen to that!!
Old 02-18-2011, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

its true guys. my roommate tells me where to click and if im typing in the right box. I suffer from being blinded by HIDs in stock housings. If you care to help my new way of living i will give you my paypal and you can donate to me being blind.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Smile

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
How do you fathom improper use of equipment as being ok? Do you run drag radials on the front of your car too? Just because you can do something doesn't mean you are doing it right. Hid's are designed to be shielded to prevent glare and increase output. Reflecting them causes intense glare from the beam scatter. This blinds people. Go **** yourself.
What happened man? Did somebody "blind" you with their illegal HID's causing you to fall of your BMX bike and hurt yourself? Couldn't think of something on your own I believe I told you to go **** yourself first
Old 02-18-2011, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL

I just love how lots of people go quoting the law on HID in reflector housing.

- run with open cats

Sorry but none of those things blind the **** out of people so they are irrelevant.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

why all the "holier than thou" attitude?
Old 02-19-2011, 12:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny2tek
What happened man? Did somebody "blind" you with their illegal HID's causing you to fall of your BMX bike and hurt yourself? Couldn't think of something on your own I believe I told you to go **** yourself first
What are you ******* kidding me? Ok you win. Keep up the awesomeness brah!
Old 02-19-2011, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 02-19-2011, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had my dad come at me on an empty back road from a good distance and he said my lights were perfectly fine. He also mention that he sees blinding lights mostly from large trucks lifted mostly or the idiots who run with the high beams on. I have 6000k HIDs in my stock housing and if my dad of all people said they are fine then they are fine.

As long as your lights are adjusted correctly there shouldn't be a issue.

Originally Posted by Shockwave179
Sorry but none of those things blind the **** out of people so they are irrelevant.
Yeah but most of our cars are rather loud and the way some people drive...which is nailing on it. Can easily scare someone not expecting a car to come screaming by. Not to mention reckless lane changing that's just as dangerous.

Not saying I am one of hose, I have LTs/ORY with a rumbler but I keep it down on the highway or when going down my street just to be respectful of others, now my neighbor and his lifted ram not so much.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:36 PM
TECH Junkie

LOL

- run with open cats

I also run with HIDs in my stockers. Know a number of people who also do. But you know what really bothers me, SUVs with stock HID lighting, where the height of the lights is perfectly at the same height as eye level so that it shines right in my face...or directly in my rear view mirror. Or people that drive with those damn hyper-blue...purple...or green bulbs in their headlights. That's what bothers me. But, as with the SUV comment...to each his own.
+1 I still don't see why headlights are so "deadly" in this thread. Obviously an HID bulb is going to be brighter than the stock halogen even aimed downward. It's hilarious to see people so up in arms over probably the most harmless modification on their vehicle.

eBay projectors are the absolute worst. People say the sonars aren't bad, but the set I had featured undersized, off-brand projectors, poor-fitting housings, cheap adjustment hardware, and they fogged/discolored within 6 months. I'd rather do a nice mod that improves light output while looking fairly OEM without cheapening the look of the car.

I guess I should probably change my setup because I'm a child-killing, blinding douche...
Old 02-19-2011, 02:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MjMaro
+1
Old 02-19-2011, 03:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
So off-brand piece of **** eBay projectors that are the wrong size are better than HIDs in halogen housings? That's the funniest **** I've heard all day. Awesome thread here guys.

It's also hilarious that most of you guys get so bent out of shape over it. I have 35w HIDs in the euro housings in the bird, but they are 6k and aimed down a considerable amount. A lot of people overreact, thinking all HIDs in halogen housing = ohmyfuckingtits retinas burning and rods and cones fusing I'M GONNA CRASH OH ****!

I mean come on, just look to the opposite side for a split second and you'll be fine. That doesn't rationalize the fact that people botch the installs but it's not as deadly as people make it out to be. And as far as respect for other drivers, that's a crock of ****. I find more people that have no respect or no comprehension of their actions driving like ******** everyday...don't go there with "respect for other motorists" because headlights are the least of my concerns in california .

I know full well that they are not as good as projector set ups, but for the money, I like the difference over the stock lighting. I'd rather spend $500 on going fast. My car is also slammed, so the light output, despite having some scattering, is not as bad as those retards in lifted trucks that shine their 10k HIDs right into your mirror...that **** is annoying.
FYI, you blinded me in my lifted Jeep when I saw you that one night near MB2. Could have been road angle, but whatever... Eurolamps housings suck - this is proven by light pattern tests... Your lights weren't deadly, but thy were annoying as ****...
Old 02-20-2011, 03:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
Obviously an HID bulb is going to be brighter than the stock halogen even aimed downward.
I guess you and I are the only one's to know this
Old 02-20-2011, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

You should just use your fog lights as hid headlights, they are already aimed down!!!!11!1!
Old 02-20-2011, 05:06 PM
TECH Veteran

actually sometimes I do
Old 02-20-2011, 06:19 PM
TECH Addict

What about an hid underglow kit?!?!?!?! Its aimed all the way down fo sho!
Old 02-20-2011, 07:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
What about an hid underglow kit?!?!?!?! Its aimed all the way down fo sho!
actually LEDS are better for the undercarriage
Old 02-21-2011, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

:
Originally Posted by Danny2tek
LOL

- run with open cats

good points lol
Old 02-21-2011, 07:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL

- run with open cats

Do you drive like that? I certainly hope some one catches you!

I think you people are missing the point as much as people are being overzealous in counterpointing all the "HID in stock housing" worshipers.

HID in stock housings offer NO benefits over stock lighting (I've had them in my bird, don't lie about it), especially if you guys are aiming them down like some one said. Aimed improperly, or run in non-bird style headlights that can't be aimed, at best they are annoying as hell, and at worst, you blind some one and they can't see a damn thing in front of them until you pass.

Let me ask, do you also go outside and stare at the sun? Or are you a cyborg and human physiology is just irrelevant to you?

There is a reason HID are not run from the factory in reflector housings, there is a reason the beam scatter is dangerous, and there is a reason people here are arguing against it, and it's not because we "just don't like it".

You ever turned the bathroom light on at night to go take a ****, and blinded yourself? LOL and that sure as hell isn't a HID either!

Long story short, if you really think they are that much better than stock housings while still offering other drivers the courtesy of not being discomforted or partially blinded due to glare.

Either some one needs to follow you for 2 hours on a dark country road with a HID equipped bubba truck, or I might just be tempted to put them in my G30 van, and follow people around all night who installed them in their reflector housings.

Personally I like my BLS kit that I can aim properly without having to worry about blinding drivers, or aiming down and making them even less effective than stock lighting.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by $750 L98
Do you drive like that? I certainly hope some one catches you!
I think you people are missing the point as much as people are being overzealous in counterpointing all the "HID in stock housing" worshipers.

HID in stock housings offer NO benefits over stock lighting (I've had them in my bird, don't lie about it), especially if you guys are aiming them down like some one said. Aimed improperly, or run in non-bird style headlights that can't be aimed, at best they are annoying as hell, and at worst, you blind some one and they can't see a damn thing in front of them until you pass.

[
Let me ask, do you also go outside and stare at the sun? Or are you a cyborg and human physiology is just irrelevant to you?

There is a reason HID are not run from the factory in reflector housings, there is a reason the beam scatter is dangerous, and there is a reason people here are arguing against it, and it's not because we "just don't like it".

You ever turned the bathroom light on at night to go take a ****, and blinded yourself? LOL and that sure as hell isn't a HID either!

Long story short, if you really think they are that much better than stock housings while still offering other drivers the courtesy of not being discomforted or partially blinded due to glare.

Either some one needs to follow you for 2 hours on a dark country road with a HID equipped bubba truck, or I might just be tempted to put them in my G30 van, and follow people around all night who installed them in their reflector housings.

Personally I like my BLS kit that I can aim properly without having to worry about blinding drivers, or aiming down and making them even less effective than stock lighting.
No. No. No. No. No. and No.

Bullshit. I noticed an immediate difference to the front and the sides, compared to stock. Otherwise, I wouldn't have kept the HIDs.

And I do have mine aimed down a tad. What...I lost about 3-4ft of lighting. Nothing. And none of my buddies have said the lights are blinding to them when I come towards them or am driving behind them.

Quick Reply: In regards to HID's in stock housings....