Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

In regards to HID's in stock housings....

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 02:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default In regards to HID's in stock housings....

....I say "survival of the fittest"

muahaha

poor guys are getting chewed out in this forum for using HID's lol ~ so to you guys, its all good. thats why I have a tinted windshield on my truck
Old 02-17-2011, 05:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am I missing something here or what?
Old 02-17-2011, 09:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If people want to bitch about me having HID's as my low beams in stock housings they can get fucked.. buy me the new housings and I'll switch
Old 02-17-2011, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry but it's a total douchebag thing to do.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
Some people are just ******** regardless of the law.

Wonderful thing huh, makes needing sheep dogs worth it.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

I've got HIDs in stock housings and HID fogs. FTW!!!!

Also, both are 10000K
Old 02-17-2011, 10:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
Was wondering that myself
Old 02-17-2011, 10:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've got 8k in my stock assembly smoked headlights and 6k in my fogs. And whoever don't like it can suck a fat one
Old 02-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

I've had HIDs in stock housings at one time...the light output wasn't very good at all. The projectors that are in there now put much more focused light where you need it - on the road. But that's my experience. I didn't care about the other drivers either...the performance just sucked.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Teching In

I have 10k in the angel eyes housings...whats wrong with having hids in the stock housings?
Old 02-17-2011, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It doesnt direct the beam of light towards the ground but instead the light is directed in every direction. I have the BLS projectors so mine dont do this. To each his own but id rather have a projector.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:46 AM
11 Second Club

i hate ******** that do that.. i had hids in my stock housings for years but i had them aimed down enough that i could still see fine and everyone i knew said they honestly weren't blinding.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol im not bagging on anyone at all, i did it for a while before I got my projectors...

I just wanted to see how many people really get so angry over this issue.

I mean members never cuss out eachother for destroying the environment by running with no cats... I just dont understand why everyone has to be so harsh when it comes to HID's.

Is it illegal? Yep. so is everything else on our cars.
Does it **** people off? yep. im sure the open downpipe off my turbo sounds good to you, but my neighbors and anyone i drive past HATES IT.

so i say do whatever you guys want to your cars, and stop calling everybody a "******* idiot" when they want to do it. thats just rude...

/end rant
Old 02-17-2011, 04:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Maybe the difference is a few cars without cats isn't gonna kill anybody, but HIDs in halogen reflectors can blind oncoming traffic and could cause an accident.

Even if the odds of that are very slim, the odds are still much greater than a catless car killing anyone.

Guess you could call it courtesy (or a lack of) for other drivers on the road.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if that really causes an accident you shouldnt drive. a jogger in short shorts can cause an accident. a nice car driving by can cause an accident. i think hids in our cars are no worse than a lifted truck with regular headlights. its really not the end of the world and its really not THAT bad.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would love to see people with stock housings and hids drive past their car at night. Lets make it a dark back road, around a curve, with some rain falling. Yeah **** everyone else cause I'm bad *** with blue light. Jackass mod ftw!

Originally Posted by djfury05
If people want to bitch about me having HID's as my low beams in stock housings they can get fucked.. buy me the new housings and I'll switch
I can mod your stock housings for you.....with my louisville slugger
Old 02-17-2011, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Seriously I swear to god the next punk that pulls up 1" from my bumper in his bubba truck with stock housings and HIDs is going to get a 9mm mod real quick.

And yes they are god awful annoying, especially on trucks or cars with large reflective housings. Try driving on a dark rainy country road with some dick blinding you from a mile away.

Makes avoiding deer, ditches, and judging turns a bit harder, not to mention I'd never see some one or some thing standing in the middle of the road.

I spent the extra cash for projectors because it's safer for me, more efficient, and WAY less dangerous for other drivers. With projectors I can safely light up EVERYTHING in front of my car for a good long way without blinding people, that cannot be done with a reflective housing.

As for being angry with people for doing it, not at all, it's your car, your choice. I just hope those people understand the consequences of making that choice. I'd prefer not to take chances with something that important.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
I would love to see people with stock housings and hids drive past their car at night.
I did it (multiple times) and it didn't bother me. Of course I took the time to aim them down though.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Launching!

I have 5000k's in LMC housings and in my fogs. I have never once been flashed at and can see perfectly fine. I also live where the closest street light is a mile down the road.

I also had 5000k's in my Camaro's angel eye housings and they didn't project as clearly in comparison to my LMC's. I would also get flashed on rare occasions. I really think some reflective housings are just better than others for running HID's. Some are un-tolerable and some work just fine; if the housing won't work well with halogen lights, it won't work well with HID's.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:22 PM
TECH Junkie

So off-brand piece of **** eBay projectors that are the wrong size are better than HIDs in halogen housings? That's the funniest **** I've heard all day. Awesome thread here guys.

It's also hilarious that most of you guys get so bent out of shape over it. I have 35w HIDs in the euro housings in the bird, but they are 6k and aimed down a considerable amount. A lot of people overreact, thinking all HIDs in halogen housing = ohmyfuckingtits retinas burning and rods and cones fusing I'M GONNA CRASH OH ****!

I mean come on, just look to the opposite side for a split second and you'll be fine. That doesn't rationalize the fact that people botch the installs but it's not as deadly as people make it out to be. And as far as respect for other drivers, that's a crock of ****. I find more people that have no respect or no comprehension of their actions driving like ******** everyday...don't go there with "respect for other motorists" because headlights are the least of my concerns in california .

I know full well that they are not as good as projector set ups, but for the money, I like the difference over the stock lighting. I'd rather spend $500 on going fast. My car is also slammed, so the light output, despite having some scattering, is not as bad as those retards in lifted trucks that shine their 10k HIDs right into your mirror...that **** is annoying.

Quick Reply: In regards to HID's in stock housings....