Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

In regards to HID's in stock housings....

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AwsmGy
I really don't think HID's in all reflective housings are dangerous. I'll say again that some housings are for sure better/worse than others just like some projectors are better/worse than others.

Here's what my LMC's look like aimed correctly (There's some motion blur which you can see on the shopping cart to the left). Is the cutoff clean? Not entirely. Do they light the road up better than the shitty stock seal beams? **** yes. Have others found them blinding? **** no.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the matter, I have mine and have yet to be convinced that I'm wrong.
That looks awful
Old 02-22-2011, 10:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shockwave179
That looks awful
awfully better than stock! nahnah
Old 02-22-2011, 01:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AwsmGy
I spent about $400 less than I would getting good projectors.
It shows.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:11 PM
12 Second Club

Ok, so who makes a GOOD projector headlight for 98-02 camaros? Some say the sonars are crap so what is better than sonars?
Old 02-22-2011, 05:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 2 lanterns on the front of my SS that light the way. If only I had the cash to upgrade to some KC lights with the smiley-faces...
Old 02-22-2011, 10:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1
Ok, so who makes a GOOD projector headlight for 98-02 camaros? Some say the sonars are crap so what is better than sonars?
As far as a pre-built projector, the Sonars are the best you can get on the aftermarket as far as I know. Anything better, gotta do a retrofit.

I've decided that's probably what I'll do for my next Camaro. I've seen the output of a real HID projector in real life now, I want that! I've got a retrofit project about 2/3 done for my trailblazer, but bitter cold makes it no fun to do test fits, so it is on hold until the weather improves.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:08 AM
Staging Lane

I live in Houston and everyone and there mom has hids in there stock housing. I however aimed mine down then got in a different car and drove by mine with the lights on to see how bad the light was to drive agents. I haven't been flashed yet. The thing that really bothers me no a days is shitty cars driving with normal hologen headlights but always riding with the hi beams on. It drives me crazy because those are made to point up and 95% of the time blind me going down the road. Oh well my hids are staying cause everyone else has them and I've done my part to help other drivers see. If I feel like I'm bothering someone I'll just kill the heads and run with my fogs on till they pass by. I will be putting on a 50% windshield tint in the next moth however so I'm not bothered by stupid 8" lifted trucks who run hids in stock housings.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put 6000k fogs in and 8000k lows in my stock housings and they look great. If they are aimed wrong, even a stock halogen bulb is annoying. I don't like the way projectors look on our cars personally but some of these safety comments are getting mildly extreme lol. Can't we all just get along?

Quick Reply: In regards to HID's in stock housings....