Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Test fitted my 6LE Splitter, some questions/thoughts...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Test fitted my 6LE Splitter, some questions/thoughts...

I got my splitter from 6LE (Thanks Mark! Looks Great!) in the mail the other day and test fitted it on the car. Only issue I have is when its bolted on the car, in the middle of the splitter/front point of the nose, the splitter is angled up instead of parellel (sp?) with the ground.

Does anyone use washers or anything to fix this? Also so I can move the splitter back (which the 6LE) one you can adjust about an inch back, but it hits the tires if I were to turn the wheels. What is the best tool to use to trim the back down a little?

I also payed the extra money to have the front edge rounded out, but it is more of an unfinished edge instead of textured plastic like the rest. Can I sand this and paint it or whats my options to get a uniform finish on it.

Hope to have pics up soon (my camara is MIA so had a buddy take some pics, waiting on him now) Splitter looks great on the car, already even had non car guys at work commenting on it. Well worth the $400 I spent on it! I cant stop staring at my car now! lol Great job 6LE!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 12:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

in for pics
Old 03-04-2011, 02:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black94Z28
I got my splitter from 6LE (Thanks Mark! Looks Great!) in the mail the other day and test fitted it on the car. Only issue I have is when its bolted on the car, in the middle of the splitter/front point of the nose, the splitter is angled up instead of parellel (sp?) with the ground.

Does anyone use washers or anything to fix this? Also so I can move the splitter back (which the 6LE) one you can adjust about an inch back, but it hits the tires if I were to turn the wheels. What is the best tool to use to trim the back down a little?

I also payed the extra money to have the front edge rounded out, but it is more of an unfinished edge instead of textured plastic like the rest. Can I sand this and paint it or whats my options to get a uniform finish on it.

Hope to have pics up soon (my camara is MIA so had a buddy take some pics, waiting on him now) Splitter looks great on the car, already even had non car guys at work commenting on it. Well worth the $400 I spent on it! I cant stop staring at my car now! lol Great job 6LE!!!
The camaro splitter looks like it's going up because it is...slightly. It follows the natural shape of the front bumper. The T/A's dont have a flat front bumper on the bottom and so we created the spacers for them. That way they can mount the splitter. It is the SAME splitter for both applications. I'm debating trying the spacer kit on my car ('01 Camaro), because I'm already pretty low and i'm afraid spacing the splitter anymore might not be what I want. I'd say to drive around with it as is for a few days/weeks to see how you like it. It will grow on you.

As for trimming the spitter, any little cutting wheel should do fine.

The "beveled edge" is what you're saying you got, correct? It's supposed to look like that. It is angled, right? If it wasn't, it would look like it does on the back edges in front of the front tires. I think the beleled edge looks WWWWAAAYYY better than stock. But it soes have that very slight color difference to it. You can try painting it, but i'm not sure how the paint will take to the ABS plastic. (just make sure you prep well) And remember, as soon as you bang it or scrape it, all that hard work will go out the window, lol.

-Mike
6LE Designs
Old 03-04-2011, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sommer-Here are a couple pics I took. Im interested how the spacers would look on the Camaro. What did you use for the spacers? It does have the beveled edge to it as you can see in the pics. Now how far forward is your splitter? Did you have to trim the back at all? My splitter is all the way forward currently.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Thats exactly how mine looks. I never tried the T/A spacer kit.

My splitter is currently all the way out as well.....to me it's the only way to have it.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I mean, I like it all the way out, I didnt think I would before I test fit it, but after installing it, it looks nice all the way out, but just was curious to see how it would look adjusted back. Now what if you did like a small spacer in the middle 3 bolts. Kinda may give it a nicer look too...
Old 03-04-2011, 04:47 PM
TECH Resident

I put the small spacers in the front and it gave it a nice look, I need to put up a pic.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sommer or Mark-If you guys have shorter spacers (not sure what exactly you use for the trans ams) but if you sent me a couple shorter ones (whatever would make the gap even. Maybe a short one on each side and then a medium in the very middle? I would be happy to pay or if you want to give them to me so I can figure out what works and what doesnt for future customers. I can provide pics for any spacers you offer to use on your site...
Old 03-04-2011, 05:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Black94Z28
I mean, I like it all the way out, I didnt think I would before I test fit it, but after installing it, it looks nice all the way out, but just was curious to see how it would look adjusted back. Now what if you did like a small spacer in the middle 3 bolts. Kinda may give it a nicer look too...
Personally, I think they only look good adjusted on T/A's. Look for SPD-KILZ on here. CANADAm (Canada-Adam for short) has a splitter that's adjusted back and his car looks ****! His car takes great pics and it's the only car i know of with it adjusted that looks awesome!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZeeSNuttS
I put the small spacers in the front and it gave it a nice look, I need to put up a pic.
Yes, pics please and sizing of the spacers. Figuring that out is going to drive me nuts!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sommer86@6LE
Personally, I think they only look good adjusted on T/A's. Look for SPD-KILZ on here. CANADAm (Canada-Adam for short) has a splitter that's adjusted back and his car looks ****! His car takes great pics and it's the only car i know of with it adjusted that looks awesome!
Yeah, I think either way looks bad ***! My main concern is having the splitter "level" now lol
Old 03-04-2011, 11:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried the spacer kit on my camaro at first, now I have it w/out ...

Old 03-04-2011, 11:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Looks great! A nice clean set of headlights would really make that front end pop even more!
Old 03-05-2011, 12:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

It's like a bib for the catfish
Old 03-05-2011, 08:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OP here are Adam's pics of the splitter on his formula

-Jonas

Originally Posted by Spd-Kilz
Here it is Jonas

This is tucked about half way in.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder what it would look like on a red/black T/A
Old 03-05-2011, 04:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny2tek
I wonder what it would look like on a red/black T/A
Is that a hint to me Danny
Old 03-05-2011, 05:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Forgive my ignorance. Does the splitter give any mechanical advantage or just cosmetic?
Old 03-05-2011, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blown99bergerssclone
Forgive my ignorance. Does the splitter give any mechanical advantage or just cosmetic?
Its mostly cosmetic...Im sure at tripple digit speeds, there might be a benefit but nothing noticable on the street.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks just wondering for the most part

Quick Reply: Test fitted my 6LE Splitter, some questions/thoughts...