Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Metal Polish #2: The Return

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 05:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could not find #2 anywhere last year this time, so I purchased Adams polish #1 and was not happy with the results and my bottle its still like new. I went to pepboys and bought mothers billitt and polished my CCW rims And looked much better than Adams #1. I should have waited because I'm a very disapointed with that particular Adams product. Glad you guys are bringing this product back cause #1 just did not bring the shine I got from a over the counter product.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:06 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by naperws6
I could not find #2 anywhere last year this time, so I purchased Adams polish #1 and was not happy with the results and my bottle its still like new. I went to pepboys and bought mothers billitt and polished my CCW rims And looked much better than Adams #1. I should have waited because I'm a very disapointed with that particular Adams product. Glad you guys are bringing this product back cause #1 just did not bring the shine I got from a over the counter product.
I'm sorry to hear that, you should have let us know though... we offer a 110% satisfaction guarantee on every single product we sell. If you're anything less than completely stoked on the product we'll buy it back for what you paid + 10% and cover your shipping.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Dylan@adams
I'm sorry to hear that, you should have let us know though... we offer a 110% satisfaction guarantee on every single product we sell. If you're anything less than completely stoked on the product we'll buy it back for what you paid + 10% and cover your shipping.
Good to know. Who do I contact? Email or just call anyone there?
Old 03-11-2011, 06:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder how this compares to blingmaster? Blingmaster has been the best polish i have ever used, it leaves mothers polish in the dust. So....... if i order #1 and #2 and it doesn't surpass the shine i get with blingmaster I can send it back for a refund?
Old 03-27-2011, 06:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am going to buy some of this to try on my Smoothie II's. I still havn't found anything that brings out the shine that im looking for I have have tried a number of metal polishes and even used them w/ machines so hopefully this works!! It would be nice to have a product that is easy to apply and wipe off that doesnt require a machine that has great results.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did not have any luck with blingmaster... i have been using mothers billet polish and it has worked out very well for me on my CCW's... but i have not tried Adams polish yet... im gonna place my order tonight and give it a shot!
Old 03-28-2011, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree mothers billet is the best I have found for my CCW's and like most I have bought about a dozen different brands. I plan on buying this brand as well in the next couple of weeks and give it a shot. Overall though I cant complain about mothers billet, I cant say the same about other brands that I have tried.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:49 PM
FormerVendor

Did someone say CCW's

Old 03-29-2011, 07:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Very Nice! I used Mothers Billet on my smoothies with a power cone and ball, Im hopeing the Adams will improve them even more! They were in pretty rough shape
Old 03-29-2011, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive been doing custom paint and body work for years, ive used just about every type of polish and wax and i tried Adams about a month ago, i gotta say, this stuff is really amazing, from the wax, to the tire shine, its really incredible stuff, the shine is something else! Hey adams if you ever feel like sending me some stuff to clean my rides id love you forever lol
Old 03-29-2011, 01:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
I wonder how this compares to blingmaster? Blingmaster has been the best polish i have ever used, it leaves mothers polish in the dust. So....... if i order #1 and #2 and it doesn't surpass the shine i get with blingmaster I can send it back for a refund?
It should be almost identical to Blingmaster. Blingmaster also has 2 stages but for decent wheels should only need the later stage.

IMO these liquid type aluminum polishes are hands down the best for routine cleaning and shining.

I tried some Meguires Hot Rims and Eagle 1 paste polishes and both were a waste of money. Mothers paste is "ok" but still doesn't compare to liquid polishes.

The trick is:

1) shake it up every time you are about to apply a drop to your cloth/pad
2) use TINY amounts of polish, a dime sized drop can do a large section of a wheel
3) use a circular motion if possible
4) wipe off with a cloth, then buff with a CLEAN cloth
Old 03-31-2011, 07:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

I used it last night on my Smoothie II's. It did brighten them up a little bit. I will post pictures later tonight if I think about it. I have some good comparison pics between the Mothers Billet, and that Adams Metal Polish #2. It was really hard to see a difference until I finished one wheel and set it next to a wheel that was finished w/ Mothers. It is a little messey to and hard to get the black off of ur hands so do wear rubber gloves if you have them. Its a little hard to polish off to.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:10 AM
TECH Veteran

HOLY ****!!! What a frickin difference! I thought the before pic looked fine.

I'm a polish junkie anyway. I'll have to pick up some of this.. I polish misc parts as a hobby. My AC parts are looking cloudy and need to be redone.

I wonder how the #1 would work on a PowerBall.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:33 AM
Captain Double Post

Ok I have a question,I know how to polish,I have no issues with aluminum,what so ever I always can get a nice mirror finish,I tried polishing my loudmouth,and I cannot get the darker and lighter spots out,I have sanded and sanded and they will not come out,anyone have a method that will help,that I don't know about,
Old 03-31-2011, 11:19 AM
Captain Double Post

or is it just because slps crap stainless
Old 04-02-2011, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here they are:
Mothers billet polish vs. Adams Metal Polish #2

First off, I already had polished all the wheels with the Mothers Billet before I decided to try the Adams. The Adams metal polish #2 just cleared up the fogginess a little bit more and since I had already polished it with the Mothers, the Adam's Metal polish (step one i guess you could call it, or the blue bottle lol) did not help out any further so I didn't use it.

Here I taped off a spoke and you can see the difference here:

and again, That foggy line is where the tape was...

Here the wheel on the Left was polished with Mothers Billet Polish and the wheel on the Right polished with Adams Metal Polish #2

Theres not a lot of difference but there is enough to tell.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the picture differences coxta! looks like adams polish is worth buying!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NXPRSS
thanks for the picture differences coxta! looks like adams polish is worth buying!
No problem. After trying all the "off the shelf" metal polishes it looks like Adams is the best solution. And for $20 for the kit I cant complain. Mothers Billet was about $16 for a little jar of paste and besides I think I like the liquid form of Adams better.

I also used the Adams on my exhaust tips with a power cone and wow! What a difference from the Flitz I was using.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Teching In

I'm putting in an order for those polishes right now.

My compressor housing is polished but not mirror like, even after hitting it with a machine buffer and some various polishing compounds. I hope I can get it a little shinier to match all my chrome.

Added a couple of other items to my cart to try out as well. I've always used Zaino, but I'm willing to try new things.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

would these be ideal for polishing things under the hood, like brake lines, a/c condensor, etc.? has anyone used it on any of those items, or just the wheels?

Quick Reply: Metal Polish #2: The Return