Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Trans Am Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 12:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans Am Lights

I'm sure most of you, if not all of you can vouge that the factory headlights on the Firebird's are TERRIBLE. I am thinking about doing away with these trashy lights and doing either an HID or just a MUCH better projector. Any ideas, recommendations, or pictures of what you've done would be appreciated!! Thanks!
Old 04-23-2011, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Believe it's blackbird that has the direct bolt in projector housings. If money isn't an option, go for those. Back when I did mine, these weren't an option yet, so I opted for the Euro housings since they're an open housing and just bought a HID Xentech kit and aimed them accordingly. I had heard bad news about the aftermarket housings and was looking for one that wouldn't leak, which is why I went for a production piece. At any rate, good luck.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slvr00Bird
Believe it's blackbird that has the direct bolt in projector housings. If money isn't an option, go for those. Back when I did mine, these weren't an option yet, so I opted for the Euro housings since they're an open housing and just bought a HID Xentech kit and aimed them accordingly. I had heard bad news about the aftermarket housings and was looking for one that wouldn't leak, which is why I went for a production piece. At any rate, good luck.
Do you know if any other kits that are of decent quality but a bit cheaper?
Old 04-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Launching!

BLS's is the only option unless you make your own.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

see this thread. my post is number 16 and what i did. as well as what a few others have done. all in all i paid $160

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...onversion.html
Old 04-26-2011, 01:10 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The LMC truck housings are nice. That's what I have with some luminics hyper white bulbs. Don't do HID's unless you want to do them right and figure out a way to get some projectors inside the housings. HID's without projectors look cool, but in my opinion are borederline dangerous because it's hard to aim them properly and light output is kind of crappy. I'm trying to figure out what projectors will fit, but I can't find any small enough lol.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:44 AM
FormerVendor

You have a few popular options. One has been posted which includes conversion reflector housings using HIDs. The other is a true projector retrofit which we offer. Our kits are completely plug-n-play and the light output speaks for itself.

Based on your budget, I would compare the output and performance and decide which is right for you. Feel free to search this forum for additional pictures of the BLS kits and our feedback.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i want to do the lmc housing also

i lib the hid sets from blsolutions, my buddy has some on his bird, but out of my price range right now
Old 04-26-2011, 10:55 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Check out the Lighting FAQ: https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...hting-faq.html

Quick Reply: Trans Am Lights