Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

blk ws6+flat blk ceta mod+ shaved antenna+ flat black stripes=????

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blk ws6+flat blk ceta mod+ shaved antenna+ flat black stripes=????

Sent my black 01 ws6 into the shop this week monday to get some stuff done. 1) have it cut and buffed to remove all and any paint swirls 2) install flat black checkered stripes 3) shave antenna 4) flat black ceta mod. Cant lie pretty excited to get this thing back. hopefully friday. if not early part of next week. I will post them asap. any other black ws6s with ceta mod? pic is of my car stock. new pics will have the four other things i mentioned with c5 z06 17x8.5 and 18x10.5.
Attached Thumbnails blk ws6+flat blk ceta mod+ shaved antenna+ flat black stripes=????-ta3.jpg  
Old 04-27-2011, 09:29 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like its going to be pretty damned good looking. Subtle, but mean. Okay, there isn't anything subtle about a WS6, but still.

There are a couple things on your list that I have been looking at while I rebuild my car (damned thing was perfectly fine when I started, now $9k later...).

What are you paying for the paint correction?

Also, I have an internal antenna waiting for me to shave mine. I assume that whole panel had to be repainted - correct?

Can't wait to see the pics.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Teching In

paint correction for my car... say it was completely flawless and just need the three step buff job to get this done they figured 5 hours cause of all the body lines and wing, things like that, at 50$ an hour. so 250$. but... there were a couple door dings in the rear quarters so i had both completely smooth out and shaved the antenna while doing that so yes they repainted both quarters, had them remove the rear bumper for the ceta mod to get it done correctly. stripes put on. also removed the head lights and painted them because of the steal they rocked chipped. all said and done 1800$. paying cash under the table saved me roughly 300$. these guys do nice work. if i can get picks of the stuff they do i will post them as well.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:52 PM
TECH Addict

That is exactly what I would do if I had a black car. Should look good
Old 04-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Teching In

****... after looking and reading some more should i remove "trans am" and the side moldings off this thing as well while it is in the shop? any pics of black cars done this way? thanks.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:21 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A lot of people do remove them, but they aren't a big deal and the paint should be in really good shape underneath to match. They basically peel right off. I would personally at least pull the side moldings. No pics, but mine is black and I can tell you it changed it for the better. However, I kept Trans Am and even accented it with silver vinyl overlays. Like I said, kick the moldings to the curb. It just looks 100x cleaner without them. As for Trans Am, give it some thought.
-Remember though, its just one guy's opinion. Yours is the one that counts.

Also, thanks for the info!
Old 04-28-2011, 03:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Delete side molding but I would keep the TransAm emblem. And are those mud flaps on your car?

Post up pics when you get it back. Sounds like its gonna look pretty good!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Teching In

flaps yes.... on there when i bought it. left the fronts on and removed the rear. 10.5s and 295s look good from behind. could just as well take the fronts off too.