Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Dash pad cover pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
And no wonder why you make the readers rides instead of the cover and a feature. Last time I checked a turbo has alot more function than a dash pad. It took me a year and a half of planning and saving before I did my turbo and motor so if I think $300 is a lot for a plastic piece that is my prerogative, if you don't agree feel free to stay out of the thread.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by ls1charged
Having fun?

What have been your contributions to this site? Searching for a career in health care?? LOL!! I know a few things about healthcare.

Selling crap among other things seems to be all you do here. You even own a car?? Lets see it...

It seems to me that you a little loser that basically does not know what to do in life.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought it was an uncalled for immature response myself, no owning anywhere.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:00 PM
TECH Veteran

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by lemons12
I thought it was an uncalled for immature response myself, no owning anywhere.
Agree. Thanks for the support, Its nice really cool members in this community.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

I just read that thread in your Sig.
I can't believe that fool actually thought a stock black SS with some ugly *** black TTIIs on it would compare to your car.
Not everything on your car is my cup of tea... However it stands out and not In a bad way.

That thread was a joke for even being started.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:44 PM
TECH Veteran

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by lemons12
I just read that thread in your Sig.
I can't believe that fool actually thought a stock black SS with some ugly *** black TTIIs on it would compare to your car.
Not everything on your car is my cup of tea... However it stands out and not In a bad way.

That thread was a joke for even being started.

It was fun, just another day here at LS1TECH...LOL!
Old 06-11-2011, 11:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chaman..... SELL ME YOUR RIMS OR ILL SAY YOUR CAR IS UGLY!!!
Old 06-12-2011, 12:04 AM
TECH Veteran

LS1Tech 10 Year

You mean these...man, after all the work to polish the mo%$^ers I think I will keep them. Go ahead and say that, i think your car is very nice though.....

LOL!
Old 06-12-2011, 12:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Uhhhh... Make me a bad *** Sig or ill say yours is ugly????

My request is more feasible I believe! Haha
Old 06-12-2011, 12:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chaman
You mean these...man, after all the work to polish the mo%$^ers I think I will keep them. Go ahead and say that, i think your car is very nice though.....

LOL!

Youre a tease.... a polite tease, but still a effin tease..

Ive actually gotten pretty good at this photoshop thing.. I keep downloading the CS5 trial, it does pretty good... Im going to make a new sig shortly..
Old 06-12-2011, 12:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, so much hatred over an easily replaceable piece of plastic.

Nice.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:21 AM
TECH Addict

My dash cracked, I'm going to go hang myself from my doorknob with my pants down around my ankles...
Old 06-12-2011, 02:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by squee
What the hell do you people do to your cars to be having these things crack all the time?! My car was in California for 8 years, and now Louisiana for 3 and I've pulled it out 2 or 3 times at least with no problems whatsoever. Looks like its brand new...

99Superhawk, what glue did you use? I live in Louisiana and have done a few pieces in my interior with DAP Contact Cement IIRC with no problems at all. If you do it RIGHT, it won't give you trouble...
I'm sorry that not everyone happens to have the luck that some of y'all do. I seriously doubt anyone in this thread is doing anything to abuse their cars.

I used Permatex Heavy Duty interior adhesive, exactly like the author of the write-up said. In fact, I spent 20+ hours pattern-etching with an Exact-O knife around the defroster vent & security light to give it a custom professional look. It actually looked immaculate...for about 22 hours. The 95+ heat, humidity, and greenhouse effect of the car just isn't very forgiving.

So I DID do it "RIGHT", man. Be careful of that caps/shift key before you go accusing other members of their methods.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
My dash cracked, I'm going to go hang myself from my doorknob with my pants down around my ankles...
dont forget to litter the suicide site with sears catalog bra and panty sections
Old 06-12-2011, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99superhawk
I'm sorry that not everyone happens to have the luck that some of y'all do. I seriously doubt anyone in this thread is doing anything to abuse their cars.

I used Permatex Heavy Duty interior adhesive, exactly like the author of the write-up said. In fact, I spent 20+ hours pattern-etching with an Exact-O knife around the defroster vent & security light to give it a custom professional look. It actually looked immaculate...for about 22 hours. The 95+ heat, humidity, and greenhouse effect of the car just isn't very forgiving.

So I DID do it "RIGHT", man. Be careful of that caps/shift key before you go accusing other members of their methods.
Apparently, you DIDN'T do it right...Use the right glue and it won't do that. I guarantee...How do I know? I DID do it right on several of my panels (using a suede like material that has almost no stretch to it) and its survived 6+ months...in Louisiana. instead of 95* temps, where talking 95% humidity, 100+ degree temps very often, and very light window tint, so really high cabin temps, and its STILL holding...If you would have used the right glue, you wouldn't have wasted 20+ hours...I have a decent amount experience with this, so I have a clue what I'm talking about...

[CLIFFNOTES:] Permatex glue SUCKS *****.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've never seen such a needlessly belligerent hostile and hijacked thread on a forum than this one.

Hey guys.. where's these pics of plastic covers?

WHO CARES if they crack, why they crack, whether you wrapped yours in suede.. the fact is some of us (I'd say most..) have a cracked dash pad, and are here looking for ways to fix it, if not right now, then in the future.

My car has 2 cracks in the pad, it's not my priority now, but it does bother me visually as it's always in the corner of my eye, and in the right conditions will buckle and stick up. If I had to guess... it was the accidents(s) my car was in before I bought it that caused the big one, but I don't really care. What is is what is.. what's important now is fixing it.

so.. wheres those pics/info on how you're fixing this? Or are we just gonna stand here and kick sand at each other all day?
Old 06-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DarkFox118
so.. wheres those pics/info on how you're fixing this? Or are we just gonna stand here and kick sand at each other all day?
all the ways of correcting this problem have been said already, in this thread
buy a stock replacement $$$$$
buy a used piece $$$
buy a 6LE piece which is decent $$$
fix the broken piece yourself using common plastic repair techniques $
Old 06-12-2011, 10:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Apparently, you DIDN'T do it right...Use the right glue and it won't do that. I guarantee...How do I know? I DID do it right on several of my panels (using a suede like material that has almost no stretch to it) and its survived 6+ months...in Louisiana. instead of 95* temps, where talking 95% humidity, 100+ degree temps very often, and very light window tint, so really high cabin temps, and its STILL holding...If you would have used the right glue, you wouldn't have wasted 20+ hours...I have a decent amount experience with this, so I have a clue what I'm talking about...

Im wanting to do my lower door panel as well as my center console in a suede/micro suede material. Could you please give me some pics or a link to some things?
I'm assuming Its going to be pretty simple but whatever info you have is appreciated, finished product would be awesome too.
Thanks

Originally Posted by DarkFox118
I've never seen such a needlessly belligerent hostile and hijacked thread on a forum than this one.
You aren't from around here, are ya partner?

Old 06-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

Well there it is. You used suede. I used vinyl. That's apples and oranges, sir. I wanted to keep my interior as factory looking as possible.

No one in that sticky thread mentioned anything about Permatex sucking. In fact, most claimed that going on 9 months, it was still working fine. Given that I used the exact steps that they did, used the exact materials they did, and employed a design that took the better part of 2 days...I really don't see how you can argue that I did anything wrong.

I never said you didn't have a clue what you were talking about. My intention isn't to have anyone in this thread butt-hurt. Just saving some chaps the frustration of using a write-up that doesn't 100% work.

Let's tone it down a bit.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chaman
Okay dude. No need for hostility....

Anyway I paid less for the pad, 4 years ago, near to $200 aprox.

I indeed noticed the replacement pad to be thicker and stronger. Maybe GM redesigned it??? I spent 20 to 30 minutes installing it, piece of cake specially in a t-top car.

I love this hobby, if it takes $300 to keep it looking good that's the way it is.
I am assuming that the replacement pad is holding up well so far?

Is there any word that GM is currently producing the panels?

I only ask b/c it's well known that they stop making certain panels for the 4th gens, ie, Sail Panel.

GMPartsdirect.com has it currently listed for $176.37.

Quick Reply: Dash pad cover pictures