Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Seattle Roadster Show Results...1st place in class!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 07:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 03-01-2004, 07:36 PM
Third Chrome Wheel Director

Yea, CONGRATS Todd!!.........she does look flawless!!, it would be hard not to give it to you!.............
Old 03-01-2004, 09:15 PM
TECH Regular

Great job Todd. Can't wait for the weather to cooperate here so i can gget my SS out. Jay
Old 03-01-2004, 10:33 PM
TECH Resident

We are a breed... aren't we? Words are not enough....awesome job, man.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:55 PM
RJF
TECH Fanatic

Dang it man now I want a borla exhaust system more than i did before to polish up Clean car though man keep up the good work
Old 03-02-2004, 11:01 PM
Launching!

You definetly deserved it! Your car is amazing!
Old 03-02-2004, 11:39 PM
Tech Addict

The Borla is a nice exhaust to polish. The parts are short and easy to get to.

Thanks Jay, Jon, Chris and the rest of you folks for the compliments!

Jay, nice work on that plane you folks are restoring!! Very cool.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:19 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

CONGRATS! After seeing that spotless undercarriage, do you even drive this car? damn! I also believe you edged them out on that detail alone, because when my car was judged at the Houston Autorama this year the judge noted that my undercarriage was not cleaned (screw that, I drive the car). I still finished 3rd in my class (Post-War 1945+ convertible), but I probably could have won had I detailed it as well as you do. Got beat by two trailer queens, a GTO convertible and a '68 camaro vert.

Tony
Old 03-03-2004, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
CONGRATS! After seeing that spotless undercarriage, do you even drive this car? damn! I also believe you edged them out on that detail alone, because when my car was judged at the Houston Autorama this year the judge noted that my undercarriage was not cleaned (screw that, I drive the car). I still finished 3rd in my class (Post-War 1945+ convertible), but I probably could have won had I detailed it as well as you do. Got beat by two trailer queens, a GTO convertible and a '68 camaro vert.

Tony
Congratulations on your win, that is awesome I love 35th's! It is always nice to see 4th gen’s winning.

I think you are correct the detail underneath did the trick. I use my “keep the car clean illness” to my advantage. I do drive the car, not daily though. I currently have 7700 miles on the clock and will end up with 10,000 by the end of summer. Rain or shine I will go to any show or for a cruise.

I even drove the car to the Seattle Roadster Show. I have no means of trailering the car. I took the car there at 8:30am dropped it off and covered it, came back that evening and parked it. I missed the all day rain before it started by doing that. I waxed it in the staging area and continued the detailing. I even bought stainless bolts and polished them to replace the ones that came with the Tunnel brace, SFC’s, and cage to add to the detail.

I am very proud because I installed everything on the car, (supercharger, cage, suspension, etc..) and polished/buffed all of the parts myself in my garage.

I will shut up now, sorry still happy as can be.

Todd

One more pic for the road...Polished supercharger, intercoolers, bolts, clamps, brackets...

Old 03-03-2004, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Congrats! That can is SUPER clean...WOW!
Old 03-03-2004, 01:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Todd, I can only imagine what it felt like for you. you probably felt the same way I did when I found out we had won our class at the Nevada Open Road Challenge. Its a huge achievement to take home top honors at the Seattle show. Tons of BEAUTIFUL cars. And yours my friend without a doubt was the cleanest one.

I am glad that I was able to make it out to the show, but wish I could have been there to see you take home the gold. when I saw your post in the NW forum, I was giddy like a school girl for you (not "FOR YOU", but you know what i mean ). cant wait to see bigger and better thing from your car at the shows.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Todd2001SS
Rain or shine I will go to any show or for a cruise.
Todd, Now that's what I've been waiting to hear you say, see you in July...and you're welcome to stay at my place. www.camarosuperfest.com

Al

Quick Reply: Seattle Roadster Show Results...1st place in class!