Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

how to align fenders with the door?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 08:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since we are on subject, not trying to thread jack either, sorry. How do you adjust the t/a driver side door, mine rubs on the fender and sticks out a little by the fender. Yes is the door thats off, not the fender.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98 White T/A
Since we are on subject, not trying to thread jack either, sorry. How do you adjust the t/a driver side door, mine rubs on the fender and sticks out a little by the fender. Yes is the door thats off, not the fender.
What do the hinges look like....something bent?
Old 08-13-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by cookba
i wouldnt recommend banging anything into place. the fender is fiberglass with attaches to a thin metal tab. break that fiberglass piece and you might have to get a whole new fender. just unbolt the fender and bend the tab back.
They're talking about the tab the fender bolts to on the bottom, I had to bend mine back into place, was just fine
Old 04-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

Reinvigorate this post. Too many F-Body cars still rolling around with the gap. Couldn't be an easier fix and I'm tired of seeing it on all the beautiful cars around here.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I almost want to stick a yellow warning label on that fender edge "DO NOT JACK HERE!!" Not like they'd read it anyway

Mine are thankfully not messed up. My 98 had been messed up twice and I had to fix it twice
Old 04-16-2012, 10:48 PM
Staging Lane

Mine were jacked up when I bought it several years ago. I ramped it and took a look at what might be causing such poor alignment and BAM! same as everyone else. Some idiot screwed up my Z's tabs. It's good to know it can be fixed easily, but after reading post #3 option 2, it makes me wonder what thought process allows someone to lift their car by a body panel. So it must go like this: crunch-oh ****-oh well---several years later someone who actually cares about the car buys it-vise grips-2x4 & hammer-smooth fender/door fitment-what the hell was the previous owner thinking?
Old 11-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Teching In

I am sooooooo pissed!! My 02 SS just came back from an oil change at the Dealership and these Tards did it to BOTH sides. Am the second owner, bought the car in '02 and this never happened all this time. Take it to the dealer to avoid mishaps, pay the additional $$ to get it done right and boom. This happens. Ssooooo angry right now. Understand its fixable but should be some way for dealership to make this right. It closed about 20 min before I noticed it now I have to wait for Monday for it to open so I can tare a new a$$hole into the service manager. Ugh. Ruined my weekend
Old 11-09-2013, 10:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just used a pair of pliers, super easy fix

Quick Reply: how to align fenders with the door?