Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old 04-29-2016, 04:12 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Installing Window Tint

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 12:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The doors and t-tops are easy but the hatchback is probably worth the 80 dollars to get installed. Where i took it, they managed to use one sheet to cover the whole hatch window. Some places need to use multiple films and line them up.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

ill probably have the local on post tint place do the hatch. ill do the doors. not that complicated.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Half the fun is learning. I just got new glass installed on my el camino a few weeks ago and decided why pay to have the windows tinted, so I decided to learn. I just took my time and learned curved glass is hard, but do-able. Besides I can say I did it. Just have to do the windshield this weekend. Also no ebay pre-cut pieces.

Drivers side done:

Pass side:

1/4 glass:

And the rear:
Old 07-05-2013, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

looks good
Old 04-23-2014, 08:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went out to auto zone and bought some cheap tint for roughly $13. I did the divers side first, and totally screwed it up. I kept blaming it on the curve of the window. After I got around to the passengers side window, it turned out SO perfect, and only took 1/4th of the time it took to do the drivers window...I recapped everything I did and realized, when I was squeegee-ing out the water, I started from side to side. DONT DO THIS! Start from the MIDDLE and work your way up to the sides/top. I don't know why it works, but it does!

I ended up peeling off the drivers side and re-did it. It looks so perfect! But I'm no even gonna attempt my hatch, due to the lines. Such air bubbles. ;(

Quick Reply: Installing Window Tint