Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

BRAND NEW Headlights for 98+ Camaro ALREADY WHISTLERED!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had I known you were going to be selling these I would have waited on mine. I purchased a pair of the full whistler depo lights off ebay. When I get them the mounting tabs were broke on one of the lights so after about 3 months of not having lights I finally got them and put in this past weekend. Would have been nice to do some business with such a great business such as yours to support the boards.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I also got a pair of DEPO Clear corners They are factory quality with the metal inside the housing to prevent the housings from melting. The housing is also black to match the headlights. Maybe that is something you could look into supplying to your customers as well.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by egott_91
I don't need projectors, although it would be an awesome addition! I would however want the markings on the headlights shaved...
Originally Posted by green28
Projectors would be cool too, but I'm just glad you are offering the whistler setup. I was always afraid to do it because I'd either mess something up or my wife would think I was retarted if she saw me putting my headlights in the oven.

+1 My brothers headlight lenses are completely shaved and they look great.
We'd love to offer the markings removed, but there are 3 thing preventing it..

1. My last guy doing it doesn't want to do it anymore. (it's very time and material consuming to remove the adjusting "nubs" and to polish lenses. So now I can't offer Whistlers with "smooth" lenses.

2. The markings on these are now on the INSIDE of the lenses and its even harder to get a machine in there to remove it.

3. I'd HATE to ruin a PERFECT set of lens just to remove some slight lettering you can't really see. These lenses are better brand new than you could ever get from polishing. 100% virgin, lol.

Last edited by Sommer86; 09-03-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is it including hardware?(screws?
Old 08-31-2011, 11:48 PM
11 Second Club

Just ordered. Hope these look good and are decent quality. I love everyone's comments wanting more and more. I will post my results with these.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by VIP1
Since you are opening these up for the Whistler mod, how about installing Morimoto Mini H1 HID projectors in them? They should fit and it would give a better option than what is currently available on eBay. You can get the parts from The Retrofit Source. Installation is fairly easy too.
I just did a mini h1 setup in my Subaru, this is hands down the best thing I have ever done to a car. If you think that hids in the reflector housing are acceptable you are wrong. I feel spoiled when I have my high beams on.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:42 PM
12 Second Club

Do they say "depot" on the lens or is that just a watermark on the picture?
Old 09-01-2011, 01:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey Sommer, I could help you out a bit on the projector project if you feel up to a challenge. I was going to retrofit some onto my Jeep until I remembered that it was a Jeep.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mr. Trick
Do they say "depot" on the lens or is that just a watermark on the picture?
Yes... (and it's on the inside :/ )
Old 09-01-2011, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

I'm SO interested! How does the paint hold up with some HIDs?
Old 09-01-2011, 08:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Forget shaving the nipples, new lenses look so much better than polished lenses. I just swapped out my shaved and polished lenses for some brand new ones that I removed from a set of halo lights, and they look much cleaner.. Also, I used to have HIDs and the paint held up fine.
Great product guys!!
Old 09-03-2011, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

Very interested in a pair but was wondering if I could get a set in white instead of black? Not wanting to be a pain but my car is Arctic White and I've wanted White Whistlers forever.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

I like that idea ^
Old 09-03-2011, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
Forget shaving the nipples, new lenses look so much better than polished lenses. I just swapped out my shaved and polished lenses for some brand new ones that I removed from a set of halo lights, and they look much cleaner.. Also, I used to have HIDs and the paint held up fine.
Great product guys!!
WORD!

Originally Posted by MrFrossty
Very interested in a pair but was wondering if I could get a set in white instead of black? Not wanting to be a pain but my car is Arctic White and I've wanted White Whistlers forever.
Be prepared to pay a bit more for any custom work done to these above what we offer. It's too hard to stock every color light, so we'd have to (I'll have to) custom paint these for you. Also, like with any custom work, the "Arctic White" we use will be VERY close, but may not be a 100% match.

PM me for additional info.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:55 PM
TECH Addict

Dammit! Everytime i try and save up for a new exhaust system, some other product comes up that i want lol Currently got Halo's on and im really sick of them now, i was gonna get some off ebay but now that you guys are offering them. Ill be buying from you guys, just dont know when. Really need that new exhaust, damn I-Pipe hangs way to low.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Launching!

I couldn't take it any more, I ordered a set of these today. The headlights on my 98 are just terrible. I tried to use the "Mothers" brand powerball kit to clean them up and it did not do much. That kit was $27.00!

Well, I'm done. Now I will just sit by the mailbox and wait on my new headlights.

Thank you very much!

S
Old 09-06-2011, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

Not bad at all.

The holiday sale price was good. If I had the money, I probably would've taken advantage of it.

I just feel for the regular price the smoothing should be included regardless of the time it takes.

I'm not trying to put down your products or anything, in fact, I think everything you offer is wonderful. However, for double the cost of purchasing them new, they're just pulled apart, painted, and resealed.

Perhaps, maybe for the $300 price tag contact some of those chinese manufacturers and obtain those nice, crystal clear, plain projector lenses.

I'm just thinking the cost which you obtain them for is fairly cheaper than list price and you spend a half hour and $5-$10 per pair completing them. Thus meaning you're labor rate is nearly $5/minute. And on top of that, its not that you don't already have the lenses removed to remove the logos.

Hell, fly me out there and I'll do it for $30/pair and you'd still be making a profit. :p

After all, we're Camaro people here, not vette owners. AND... I'll probably still be buying them. I just felt the need to give you a hard time because you're doing everything under the sun for great aftermarket products.

Maybe I can request you to start carrying other vehicle lighting pre-smoked. Or better yet, maybe even a nice custom carpet to match your seats. :p
Old 09-06-2011, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rauch
After all, we're Camaro people here, not vette owners.
....and this means?

Anyway....

Not depot lamps but can attest for the finished product! Thanks again Mike....

Old 09-06-2011, 09:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LPE 403
....and this means?

Anyway....

Not depot lamps but can attest for the finished product! Thanks again Mike....

Thanks Brent! Can't wait to see them in the car!!!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rauch
Not bad at all.

The holiday sale price was good. If I had the money, I probably would've taken advantage of it.

I just feel for the regular price the smoothing should be included regardless of the time it takes.

I'm not trying to put down your products or anything, in fact, I think everything you offer is wonderful. However, for double the cost of purchasing them new, they're just pulled apart, painted, and resealed.

Perhaps, maybe for the $300 price tag contact some of those chinese manufacturers and obtain those nice, crystal clear, plain projector lenses.

I'm just thinking the cost which you obtain them for is fairly cheaper than list price and you spend a half hour and $5-$10 per pair completing them. Thus meaning you're labor rate is nearly $5/minute. And on top of that, its not that you don't already have the lenses removed to remove the logos.

Hell, fly me out there and I'll do it for $30/pair and you'd still be making a profit. :p

After all, we're Camaro people here, not vette owners. AND... I'll probably still be buying them. I just felt the need to give you a hard time because you're doing everything under the sun for great aftermarket products.

Maybe I can request you to start carrying other vehicle lighting pre-smoked. Or better yet, maybe even a nice custom carpet to match your seats. :p
Holiday price is still up

For the painting, we're charging $100 on top of what the cost of a plain set would be. Considering the taping off alone takes about an hour it is a deal...

I've actually tried to contact the manufacturers to just sell lenses to no avail

We have no interest in sanding off the nipple because I've just never seen a ground down and polished set look as nice as an untouched brand new lens.

We used to do it to lenses that were already old for lights we (Sommer, lol) whistlered but it is just a travesty to do it to a brand new lens...

Quick Reply: BRAND NEW Headlights for 98+ Camaro ALREADY WHISTLERED!!