Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

I waxed my car, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, there are a lot of good products out there.
Just find one that meets your idea of finish vs cost vs physical work input.
Doesn't matter what anyone else says.
Unless you use "Adams", then you have to take with a grain of salt... LOL
Old 09-06-2011, 09:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lethal bird
Who honestly gives a **** who Chip Foose endorses?
I certainly don't, but I was correcting a misinformed statement from someone else.

Sorry but Adams is far superior than any over the counter stuff. Like i said your sir are retarded if you believe other wise.
What do you think about Duragloss OTC products?
Old 09-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ZaneO
I certainly don't, but I was correcting a misinformed statement from someone else.

What do you think about Duragloss OTC products?
The only thing I have tried from there is Duragloss 901 car shampoo. It's got great reviews and I really like it.

MOST otc products work ok at best.
Here are some products that I really like and work really well. I use almost all these when I detail cars. Look up reviews on them if you don't believe me.
For car wash I use Duragloss 901
Tar Removal- Stoners Tarminator
Window Cleaner- Stoners Invisible glass
Wax/Sealent- Collinite 845. I am pretty sure it lasts more than any OTC wax out there. 6 months give or take depending how you use your car.
Carpet Cleaner- Folex and Krud Kutter. They can be picked up at home depot or lowes.
As far as my pre wax cleaners, clay bars, trim dressing, wheel, tire and engine cleaner, uv protectant etc... I pick up online for professional detailers.

I also know for cutting/buffing Meguaires 105/205 can be picked up locally and most detailers I know love it.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
Where in OKC are you? I think I've seen the car around (not too many WS6's around here anymore).
I live in Mustang, but I work off of S. May and 20th. I just picked it up a few weeks ago, but the previous owner lived in Norman so it may have been him...I've seen a Viper like yours off 39th St by Lake Overholser, you definitely don't see too many of those around

Thanks for all the input guys. It looks like I'm gonna spend all day Saturday working on my car. Probably gonna pick up some Meguires clay bar, polish, wax, and sealant since its pretty conveniant for me to get. I will definatley try out some Adams and Zaino in the future (my friend uses Zaino on his black SS and it always looks real sharp.)
Old 09-20-2011, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

GoFast908Z, I'm interested to know what you use as a product lineup to detail your car. I was always a huge Zaino buff but haven't seriously detailed my car in years.

When I was keeping up with it, fairly consistently anyway, I used Zaino from claybar to swirl removers, etc. I was very happy with it but have read a few negative things lately and am curious to try something new.

I spoke with a friend of mine lately who uses the new Meguire's Ultimate line and he really seemed pleased with it and his car looked fantastic. I'm just concerned with durability mostly with OTC products.

I don't mean to call anyone out specifically here but everyone has been pretty vocal about they feel is the best line of products except for you and Zaneo. So what would you guys suggest?
Old 09-20-2011, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use Adams and I was blown away from the results but also my first use using something that is other than autozone bought. Great products but very expensive IMO and this is the reason I am looking away from them. I am looking try other stuff very soon. But something that I have read a lot about and seen the results is Blackfire Wet Diamond, check it out, I am sure you will be blown away.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Launching!

**** can the Mothers even though it puts a nice shine on her.
Pick up Meguiars Clay bar, polish, swirl X, Tech wax.
In between washes use their detailer spray.
It will look like new all the time.. even better than new.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Banned

How long does the swirl remover last. On my car my hood is the only part that has swirel marks. I might just get it repainted.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Swirl remover actually cuts into the clear to remove the swirls. As long as you don't do anything to create more swirls it will last essentially forever.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Banned

I think i will just get it repainted. How much do you think to get a hood repainted artic white just plain.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I really wouldn't know what a body shop would charge, I've never had to get mine painted.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02ws.sik
How long does the swirl remover last. On my car my hood is the only part that has swirel marks. I might just get it repainted.
Why would you have it repainted because of swirl marks? If you haven't had it buffed before, you will have plenty of clear coat to work with and remove them. Either way, over time you will create more swirls.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:15 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i didnt read this thread but the first pg and i see jason 78 give such a heap of crap info, op do not touch your car with sandpaper , honest dont ever think of it , go to a pro for something like that . jason its guys like you who give out bad advice and have new guys that dont know any better Fin up there rides,that is an extreme method, and should not have been said what so ever.op listen to guys that know what they are doing,gofast is one of them,follow some bonehead advice like jason said and you wont have any clearcoat or paint left lol
Old 09-21-2011, 03:18 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

02ws,if you were around my area i could have my guy paint it for you, he charged me 150 for my vfn 3 inch ss hood, came out great,he is our guy on the low down,but a normal shop will charge you around 350 ish,350 or a buff job you pick lol,
Old 09-21-2011, 08:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

GoFast908Z Im simply giving my options. I prefer Adams over the others simple as that.
Your opinion doesn't mean others are retards for not agreeing with you
Old 09-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ThirdgenTa
Why would you have it repainted because of swirl marks? If you haven't had it buffed before, you will have plenty of clear coat to work with and remove them. Either way, over time you will create more swirls.
Their are some other marks that went through the paint
Old 09-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Staging Lane

OP if you still are in need of a few more good ideas,
Not sure if someone else has mentioned this but CALIFORNIA DUSTER! I usually put a coat of wax on my car every 3-4 weeks and in the time between that I dust the car off daily and occasionally use Mothers quick mist detailer. The car always has a superglaze look to it. Since im not super mechanically inclined... yet, I spend alot of time detailing and keeping my car up to shine as Im pretty particular. Just a few ideas if your still in need.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Banned

California duster will leave swirl marks on your car i wouldn't ise that. I you quick detailer after i get done washing and drying i spray quick detailer and wife it up with a micro fiber cloth.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Staging Lane

I did have a newer plastic handled California duster that would leave small smears everywhere so I trashed that one in a heartbeat. I now have an old wooden handled one that my grandpa gave me and it works great, havn't had any problems with it leaving marks and what not.

Quick Reply: I waxed my car, now what?