How much was the new carpet?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About $200 with the extra padding
Old 09-20-2011, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i did the same exact swap in my car last year. was well worth it. a huge pain in the *** to swap the dash.

people wouldnt believe how heavy the air bag is.

good luck
Old 09-20-2011, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i did the same swap on my camaro from tan to ebony, absolutely made the car. mine was a bit more involved to get a ebony dash in a 96 camaro. keep up the pics!
Old 09-20-2011, 10:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ssjason232
i did the same exact swap in my car last year. was well worth it. a huge pain in the *** to swap the dash.

people wouldnt believe how heavy the air bag is.

good luck
Yep, that bitch is heavy. I took it out, lol. Mainly because I don't want it possibly totalling out the car one day...

Originally Posted by merim123
i did the same swap on my camaro from tan to ebony, absolutely made the car. mine was a bit more involved to get a ebony dash in a 96 camaro. keep up the pics!
My buddy that I sold my graphite interior to swapped it into his girlfriend's SS, going from tan to graphite. Made a TON of difference, but hers was pretty ragged out though...

http://lsxnation.net/showthread.php?...quot-SS-camaro!!!

I was wondering how involved it would be to swap the LT style dash for the LS style. What all needed to be done?
Old 09-21-2011, 12:12 PM
Teching In

Might be a dumb question, but is that the ebony or charcoal carpet? I like the way it looks and don't want the carpet to be too dark for all the ebony panels.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Launching!

It's the ebony carpet. I bought some ebony SLP SS floor mats, and it matches perfectly with them. They had an option for black carpet too
Old 09-21-2011, 01:17 PM
Teching In

I was looking at the black too. Does anyone have the black carpet with ebony interior? Just wondering if it looks better with black or ebony carpet.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Launching!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

looking good so far sir.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Launching!

^thanks Charlie!

Originally Posted by 346ci
Where did you get all the ebony pieces, I have always wanted the ebony interior vs. any other color
Sorry, I just noticed this post.

The headliner and door panels I got from one guy that was parting a wrecked car out. These were something I was going to be picky on because I was adamant about keeping leather door panels and everything I got from him was in real good shape, but I paid a high price for it.

The dash, dash pad, and plastics I got from another guy that was parting a car out, and I got a SMOKIN deal on them. Here's the cool thing: they all came out of a state troopers car. To me, that's just a cool bit of trivia that adds character to the car lol. Another cool thing is that apparently, the police cars didn't have the very back speakers, they just had plain delete panels back there. And if you notice, the cage that I have, the back bars are designed to go through the speakers. So I'm hoping I can get those cut right, and not only will it be a cleaner look, but I'll have something that most others don't!

I got the console and the a pillar trim pieces from another guy parting a car out.

And of course, the carpet is new, got brand new sun visors off of eBay( which I will say are top notch), new SLP floor mats and deck mat. I think that about covers it lol
Old 09-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Oh, and a lot of the small petty stuff I've just been getting out of the junkyard, like the little coat hooks that snap in and hold the sail panels in, door panel trim pieces, the little fuse cover on the drivers door jam part of the dash, and stuff like that
Old 09-21-2011, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
I was wondering how involved it would be to swap the LT style dash for the LS style. What all needed to be done?
it's not hard at all, just time consuming, took me about 7 hours. aside from the LS dash, Need a different connector for the 93-97 TA gauge cluster or 97 camaro gauge cluster (same connector). Repin from the lt1 connector to the new one and then everything else is plug and play. Oops - also need to extend the defroster switch and the trunk release.

huge difference in noise and less creaks, I highly recommend it!
Old 09-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Launching!

Alright, here we go with progress pics. Didn't get as far as I would have liked to yesterday, but made some decent progress anyway:

Trimming the carpet up:

Sail panels in:

Console in:

Finishing up the cage:

Took this pic as I was finishing up and just throwing everything back in the car, just to get a kind of teaser for how it's going to look with the seats in the car:
Old 09-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking really awesome, that roll cage is sick.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Agreed! How much did you have to trim the carpet? That's the one part I'm not sure I would fully trust myself with
Old 09-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Launching!

It needed quite a bit of trimming lol. Now that I've done it once, if I had to do it again it wouldn't be that bad. Just be sure to get the proper cutting tools, because I can tell you from experience that Walmart scissors just ain't up to the task
Old 09-25-2011, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Awesome swap, it's going to look so much better. I plan to do this with mines at some point next year. My car came with ebony cloth interior and while it's spotless, that **** is hideous. I have a little easier job than you though because all I need are the seats and door panels I believe.

Stupid question, but do you think there is a source out there somewhere that sells these interior pieces in like new-condition? Or probably not?
Old 09-25-2011, 09:13 PM
TECH Resident

neat...
Old 09-26-2011, 01:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Final question regarding the carpet (I think )

Since there was a lot of cutting, were you ever concerned at one point if accidentally cutting away too much? How did you keep it an even cut? I've never removed my carpet before so I'm not 100% clear on how it tucks in under the panels and what not.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i'm honestly liking the look of your entire car...i might have missed you mentioning some things, but what kind of seats are those and if you don't mind me asking how much they were....i'm getting sick of sliding out of mine on off ramps

never mind on brand, i reread.....the first post haha looks awesome so far

Quick Reply: Started my ebony interior swap this weekend