Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Started my ebony interior swap this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TransAmWS.6
Awesome swap, it's going to look so much better. I plan to do this with mines at some point next year. My car came with ebony cloth interior and while it's spotless, that **** is hideous. I have a little easier job than you though because all I need are the seats and door panels I believe.

Stupid question, but do you think there is a source out there somewhere that sells these interior pieces in like new-condition? Or probably not?
Man, I really don't think there is. I've been getting everything from people parting out cars. I've been holding out for only good condition stuff

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
Final question regarding the carpet (I think )

Since there was a lot of cutting, were you ever concerned at one point if accidentally cutting away too much? How did you keep it an even cut? I've never removed my carpet before so I'm not 100% clear on how it tucks in under the panels and what not.
I was very concerned, and I did overcut just a little bit in a few spots, but it'll be almost impossible to notice, and I'll never tell anybody where it's at LOL. Dude, I was just cutting with Walmart scissors. No special technique, other than just cutting a little at a time. I test fit the panels here and there to make sure I wasn't cutting too much

Originally Posted by RoidedSS
i'm honestly liking the look of your entire car...i might have missed you mentioning some things, but what kind of seats are those and if you don't mind me asking how much they were....i'm getting sick of sliding out of mine on off ramps

never mind on brand, i reread.....the first post haha looks awesome so far
Thanks man!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
^thanks Charlie!

Sorry, I just noticed this post.

The headliner and door panels I got from one guy that was parting a wrecked car out. These were something I was going to be picky on because I was adamant about keeping leather door panels and everything I got from him was in real good shape, but I paid a high price for it.

The dash, dash pad, and plastics I got from another guy that was parting a car out, and I got a SMOKIN deal on them. Here's the cool thing: they all came out of a state troopers car. To me, that's just a cool bit of trivia that adds character to the car lol. Another cool thing is that apparently, the police cars didn't have the very back speakers, they just had plain delete panels back there. And if you notice, the cage that I have, the back bars are designed to go through the speakers. So I'm hoping I can get those cut right, and not only will it be a cleaner look, but I'll have something that most others don't!

I got the console and the a pillar trim pieces from another guy parting a car out.

And of course, the carpet is new, got brand new sun visors off of eBay( which I will say are top notch), new SLP floor mats and deck mat. I think that about covers it lol
No problem, I'm glad you got back to me. Guess I will have to keep an eye out for interior pieces, well worth it I think.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Launching!

So....I started on a nice little project within a project this weekend on my interior

It's not costing a lot of money, just something a little labor intensive on my part. Got a little bit done this weekend, but I didn't like how it turned out, so I'm going to redo it next weekend if I have time. Plus, I am waiting for some parts to come in for it.

I'm going to keep this one to myself until I have it all done and I can post some pictures of it. I will say that it's going to look REAL nice though!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Fantastic work man coming along nicely, Really makes me want to swap out my old nasty light gray cloth interior to the ebony setup would be a little pricey but well worth it.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Awesome work and that ebony is much nicer. No disrespect to those who own the graphite/gray interiors, but these interiors are cheap as it is; that gray makes it feel so much cheaper and "plasticky". Does that make sense?

Once again, great work. You're efforts will be an inspiration for those who want to make this leap. Thanks for the pictures assisting the f-body community.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:27 AM
Launching!

Thank you for the compliments! Hopefully I'll get a chance to work on it a little more this weekend, and I'll update the thread with some more pictures
Old 10-04-2011, 09:07 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In reference to the cage, what made you decide to go with the shock tower mounts as opposed to the rear deck?

I also notice you must have replaced your fuel pump the easy way at some point. Did you think about doing anything special for that access with this swap?
Old 10-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ovechkin~Monk

Once again, great work. You're efforts will be an inspiration for those who want to make this leap. Thanks for the pictures assisting the f-body community.
I forgot to mention, that's what inspired me is one of our fellow members here posting up a thread that he swapped the interior in his Trans Am out to ebony. As soon as I saw how good it looked and how much of a difference it made, I had to do it lol

Originally Posted by demonspeed
In reference to the cage, what made you decide to go with the shock tower mounts as opposed to the rear deck?

I also notice you must have replaced your fuel pump the easy way at some point. Did you think about doing anything special for that access with this swap?
Well, first let me start off by saying that I bought this cage off of a guy that had bought it new and never used it and it wound up just sitting in his shop. I got a hell of a deal on it. With that being said, this cage is EXACTLY the way that I would have bought it anyway, had I of bought it directly from Wolfe.

This is why I personally like the shock tower mounts for the rear bars instead of the deck mounts:

1. I just think it looks way better

2. I've been told that it supports the car a lot better

3. It improves visibility out of your rear view mirror, which is very helpful in a street car, as mine is, because the bars aren't obstructing your view

4. I want to have a Camaro SS deck mat dammit LOL (I already ordered it and received it in)

Yes, I had the fuel pump access door cut in. Believe it or not, a "professional" shop cut it like that and just sealed it up with duct tape...

There's a few access doors online that I have been looking at that I'm considering purchasing for it. It's either that or we'll cut out the part that they didn't finish cutting, cut a piece of sheet metal to go over it, and silicone/rivet it down. One way or the other, we'll be cleaning up that piece of trash that the other shop hacked at
Old 10-07-2011, 02:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good man, i really need to do that to my car, bc the previous owner painted everything red n black, i hate it lol
Old 10-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Launching!

I'm actually working on sanding some of my interior trim pieces smooth and painting them gloss black right now. I have a pretty good feeling that this is going to look sick as hell though
Old 11-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Launching!

I know it's been a while since I've updated the thread, but I had some time to work on the car this weekend and finish up a few things. Installed my UMI front sway bar, DMH cutout, stainless brake lines, and I finished up most of my interior. I'll update the thread when I get the interior 100% complete, but that'll be a couple of months from now because I'm just going to leave it alone for a while. Here's some pics for you:

Old 11-13-2011, 08:21 PM
TECH Regular

Old 11-13-2011, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks great!
can you post a pic of the panels out of the trooper car?
Old 11-13-2011, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 14k
looks great!
can you post a pic of the panels out of the trooper car?
I take it you're talking about the ones with the rear speaker deletes? I still have them, but I also had another set with the speakers that I just threw in for now because they were easier to cut and put in, and I wanted to have at least something in there for now because it was driving me crazy, lol. I'm going to wait and have someone with a steadier hand than me cut the delete panels because it's a one shot thing and they're hard to come by and I don't want to mess them up
Old 11-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Launching!

The other thing I did today was to put in my MBA billet HVAC ***** and the wide blue LED's in my instrument cluster to fix the bright spot problems that I was having. It's killing me that I don't have a battery in the car because I really want to see what it looks like now, LOL.

And....I'm still working on sanding and painting some interior trim pieces as sort of a project of mine. I'm telling you right now, it's a bitch hand sanding all that crap, but it should look real nice, especially considering that they'll be a high gloss black in areas that I'll have blue LED's lit up
Old 11-13-2011, 11:56 PM
11 Second Club

That's looks absolutely badass! I would suggest an after market steering wheel to finish it off but nonetheless it looks amazing...
Old 11-14-2011, 04:41 AM
Launching!

Thanks! I do plan on replacing the steering wheel because it's messed up, but I'll probably go back with another stocker, I just like the way that they look
Old 11-15-2011, 02:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

man im really digging those seats!
Old 11-15-2011, 05:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did you wire your e cutout? Pics? Plan on doing mine come feb
Old 11-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NemeSS
man im really digging those seats!
Thanks Los!

Originally Posted by DeLaRosa25
How did you wire your e cutout? Pics? Plan on doing mine come feb

It's really very simple. The DMH cutout comes pre-wired with a switch and everything. If you look at the picture I posted up, there's a connector real close to the cutout, so you can just run the wire where you want it, and then mount the cut out and plug it in, simple as that. I already had a nitrous switch panel that I just put the switch in, and then ran the wire to the back of the car, drilled a hole where I wanted it to come out, and then it's as simple as mounting the cut out and plugging it in. Oh, and there's a ground wire to run, and one to run to a hot, almost forgot about that, lol. The ground you just run to the body of the car, and the hot you just run to an ignition hot

Quick Reply: Started my ebony interior swap this weekend