Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

First coil-less LS1 :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 03:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

saw this car tonight and it looks bad ***.
clean car Alex keep up the good work.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Alex41
PontiacFan...You have no clue who I am or what I've done in the past to LS1 stuff here. Look up some older post from me before you go spouting off at the mouth and calling bullshit on people. Oh, and I did paint them before putting them in the car. They remove with a screw so I can service stuff under there. Again, read and pay attention before you make yourself look ignorant yet again.

Normally I don't respond to comments like this but I feel you are the only one here who seems to have a problem with my work. There are plenty of threads here that I think just suck but keep my coments to myself. Like your mother said, or in this case should have told you, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." Since everyone else here seems to be enjoying this thread this is the last I will respond to you. Hope you can learn something from this little life experience. Grow up.
Im gonna have to agree with PontiacFan... That was a dumb title. this has been done before..

Just get off your soapbox.

It just a little annoying seeing people post threads taking credit for doing something thats been done for years.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Grow up?!?
You grow the phuk up, ...
Called out on a bullshit title.
Called out on what could have better work under the covers.
And you don't like my responses, ...
You have to admit, the area under the covers looks like **** comparatively speaking. However, I do agree that with the covers on, it looks good.

Now, as noted, get the phuk off your mighty sopa box just because someone doesn't necessarily see you as the almighty new cover God.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Punished and Pontiac Fan = Trolls. SMH
Old 10-15-2011, 11:35 AM
11 Second Club

I NEVER said I'm the first to do it!!! I only mentioned that it was a joke to see if anyone would think it was running without coils at all.

Both of you have COMPLETELY missed my humor in this all. I'm not on a sopabox here preaching about how I'm God of anything. Don't read into stuff that isn't there.

It's unpainted under the covers because it doesn't need to be painted.

I'm done with this thread. Thanks for ******* up what was a nice build. If any one else has any questions on how I did this you can search a thousand other coil relocation threads LIKE I DID BEFORE I STARTED DOING THIS ONE.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:43 PM
TECH Regular

Old 10-17-2011, 11:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

... Guess we'll never find out what happens when just one coil pack fails... I'm guessing he has to grind off the spot welds to replace the one coil, and weld a new one in place. (welding heat + ignition coil electronics = ????) Or just find a smarter mounting solution.

Unless they just slide out of the welded brackets, that is.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ZexGX

Unless they just slide out of the welded brackets, that is.

Thats what i'm thinking by the looks of it.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:08 AM
11 Second Club

Sorry I missed your question ZexGx. There are tabs by the top that hook over to hold the actual plastic coated body of the coil in place. You bend these out and you are left with a metal bracket. This is how I welded them together. Otherwise you might have damaged the coil with the heat of welding. Just bend the tabs back over the coil when you slide it back in place and it's done. 100% servicable.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Alex41
Sorry I missed your question ZexGx. There are tabs by the top that hook over to hold the actual plastic coated body of the coil in place. You bend these out and you are left with a metal bracket. This is how I welded them together. Otherwise you might have damaged the coil with the heat of welding. Just bend the tabs back over the coil when you slide it back in place and it's done. 100% servicable.
thats kinda hopw i figured it worked plus you've got your bolt there to undo and lift everything up am i wrong, looks good dude **** the haters let em hate theyre just jealous they dont have the time and skill. and as for the idiot agreeing with pontiac fan he obviously didnt read the whole thread and see the part where you said the title was to rope people in to see your work...

people need to ease up.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PUNISHER TA
Im gonna have to agree with PontiacFan... That was a dumb title. this has been done before..

Just get off your soapbox.

It just a little annoying seeing people post threads taking credit for doing something thats been done for years.
Originally Posted by PontiacFan
Grow up?!?
You grow the phuk up, ...
Called out on a bullshit title.
Called out on what could have better work under the covers.
And you don't like my responses, ...
You have to admit, the area under the covers looks like **** comparatively speaking. However, I do agree that with the covers on, it looks good.

Now, as noted, get the phuk off your mighty sopa box just because someone doesn't necessarily see you as the almighty new cover God.

You dumb ************* when I first read the title I CLEARLY and I mean clear as day knew exactly what he was talking about or joking about before I even clicked on it and for reference why don't BOTH of you post up your engine bays so all of ls1tech can see what a perfect engine bay looks like how does that sound? I just don't see the need for all this uncalled for ****. Both you little bitches need to quit nit-picking **** that wasn't even the purpose of this thread. Go eat a ******* dick you worthless *****

Quick Reply: First coil-less LS1 :)