Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Bought the car I've been looking for *pics* *detailing pics added (black car)*

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011 | 08:08 PM
Launching!

congrats on the purchase car looks great.
Old 10-16-2011 | 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sharp ride man! The one thing I don't miss is MI winters, hopefully you have a spot in a garage for it.
Old 10-16-2011 | 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

***PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS WHOLE POST IF YOU'RE REPLYING BACK, THANKS***

Originally Posted by Camaroking1996
What exhaust are you going with?
LPP true duals, it's a stainless steel x-pipe and sounds amazing imo. Not many people have it. I may sell the set up I have now (it's quiet but sounds good revved up) if you're interested. Maybe I'll get a video of it.

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
at the ny comment
It's a freaking zoo there no joke!

Originally Posted by z-camaro
Nice ride, Those headlights you have been working on will look really good on it.
Thanks I can't wait to get them on

Originally Posted by Spd-Kilz
Congrats on the car! It looks great!

I'm in the same boat as you for being skinny. Skinny white kids rejoice!
Haha thanks.

Originally Posted by Ruthless909
Nice vert!

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?
Paid $9650. The family was super nice.

Originally Posted by TransAmWS.6
Man, this brings me back to April of this year when I got off the school bus (was a senior at the time) and saw mines parked in my driveway. It was a very, very surreal experience the first time I took it out for a spin. Congratulations and take good care of it dude, keep it clean.
You should have seen my last camaro. I kept it polished and waxed religiously. There was never a time where it would not bead water. Hell, my dad's got a picture of me taking the wheels off to clean the insides of them I'm a senior right now too

Originally Posted by badbird5.7
congrats on the purchase car looks great.
Thanks I have a lot of plans for it.

Originally Posted by '00_Z
Sharp ride man! The one thing I don't miss is MI winters, hopefully you have a spot in a garage for it.
Actually I've got a spot in the basement our house is on a hill so part of the basement isn't underground and we've got 2 big doors that just so happen to open enough for a car to get in. My dad has a trans am (the v6 to LS2 project in my sig) and my brother has a v6 firebird. We're going to try to get all 3 into the basement so we can garage the rest of the cars.

I'll need to get a group picture of the family fbody's, cousin also has an SS.
Old 10-17-2011 | 01:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So sad
Old 10-17-2011 | 09:43 AM
TECH Regular

yeah dude too bad its fall and almost time to store it..damn it michigan
But still an amazing car and congratulations on the purchase
Old 10-17-2011 | 10:22 AM
On The Tree

You sound like my twin. I'm skinny with a fast metabolism and am saving for a triple black SS or WS6 6 spd vert

Congrats!
Old 10-17-2011 | 10:55 AM
11 Second Club

Nice pickup! Congrats. Your right around the corner from me. I live in Grand Blanc and work at the AutoZone in Waterford on Dixie. If youve seen a silver Z28 with a sunoco hood sittin there that's me.
Old 10-17-2011 | 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JohnS Z28
yeah dude too bad its fall and almost time to store it..damn it michigan
But still an amazing car and congratulations on the purchase
Thanks, yeah it kinda sucks. Hopefully we could meet up sometime.

Originally Posted by MuscleCarNut711
You sound like my twin. I'm skinny with a fast metabolism and am saving for a triple black SS or WS6 6 spd vert

Congrats!
Funny thing is is that I do have a twin bro. He's got a v6 firebird (I think he's planning on selling it for a v8).

Originally Posted by VehicleCityLS1
Nice pickup! Congrats. Your right around the corner from me. I live in Grand Blanc and work at the AutoZone in Waterford on Dixie. If youve seen a silver Z28 with a sunoco hood sittin there that's me.
You have a PM.
Old 10-17-2011 | 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

Awesome find man! These are one of the only convertibles I like. I'm with you on the skinny topic, no matter how much I eat lol!

Good luck with it!
Old 10-17-2011 | 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks

---

Supposedly the car was recently professionally detailed! When I saw the car, everything looked detailed but definitely not professionally- paint has quite a bit of swirls, and nothing was touched under the hood; it took an hour to clean the underside of the hood by hand, and I haven't even started cleaning the bay. Here's a couple paint correction shots. I just did a small test area cause I wanted to see what to roughly expect. I didn't clay it, and I used a rotary buffer. I still need to buy clay, and I've got a PC but just no backing plate for it yet. This is on the hood, with the most swirls. I think it did a good job for not claying or using a PC but I was expecting a bit more. There are little specks that were not removed, but for the most part, all of the swirls were removed. I still need to get a sun shot of it- I'll add it to this post tomorrow.

Last edited by Conrad; 10-17-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 10-17-2011 | 09:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Conrad
Thanks

---

Supposedly the car was recently professionally detailed! When I saw the car, everything looked detailed but definitely not professionally- paint has quite a bit of swirls, and nothing was touched under the hood; it took an hour to clean the underside of the hood by hand, and I haven't even started cleaning the bay. Here's a couple paint correction shots. I just did a small test area cause I wanted to see what to roughly expect. I didn't clay it, and I used a rotary buffer. I still need to buy clay, and I've got a PC but just no backing plate for it yet. This is on the hood, with the most swirls. I think it did a good job for not claying or using a PC but I was expecting a bit more. There are little specks that were not removed, but for the most part, all of the swirls were removed. I still need to get a sun shot of it- I'll add it to this post tomorrow.

Its a good start, but I'd wait till you get the backing plate for your PC. A rotary is a SERIOUS tool and especially with M105 you have to be extremely careful. To me it looks like you needed to work the product more. M105 should cut more than that, but it is a good start. Definitely clay first next time though. You don't want any bonded contaminants getting stuck to the pad and causing marring.
Old 10-17-2011 | 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoFast908Z
Its a good start, but I'd wait till you get the backing plate for your PC. A rotary is a SERIOUS tool and especially with M105 you have to be extremely careful. To me it looks like you needed to work the product more. M105 should cut more than that, but it is a good start. Definitely clay first next time though. You don't want any bonded contaminants getting stuck to the pad and causing marring.
Thank you what about all of the specks? There are so many of them and filling them in with touch up paint will most likely make them look worse. Will working the m105 make them less noticeable, cause I did work it for quite a few passes but was only on 1000 rpm (rotations per minute?) on the rotary.
Old 10-17-2011 | 09:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Thank you what about all of the specks? There are so many of them and filling them in with touch up paint will most likely make them look worse. Will working the m105 make them less noticeable, cause I did work it for quite a few passes but was only on 1000 rpm (rotations per minute?) on the rotary.
Chips and assorted etchings in the paint. Nothing you can really do about that (at least on a large scale). You could try Dr. Color Chip. I hear it works well but haven't tried it myself. You can bump the rpm up to 1200-1400 if you keep it moving steady (but not fast). Make sure to prime the pad first, then apply a few pea sized drops (like 4) to the pad and work it in.
Old 10-17-2011 | 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Chips and assorted etchings in the paint. Nothing you can really do about that (at least on a large scale). You could try Dr. Color Chip. I hear it works well but haven't tried it myself. You can bump the rpm up to 1200-1400 if you keep it moving steady (but not fast). Make sure to prime the pad first, then apply a few pea sized drops (like 4) to the pad and work it in.
Ok, that helps. The etchings are basically on the entire front section of the hood so I will leave it as it is. I'm sure they will be almost completely unnoticeable in regular sunlight. I'm using a spray bottle with water to prime the pad, spraying it once or twice. It works well to eliminate the dust using the rotary.
Old 10-17-2011 | 09:58 PM
Banned

Didn't no starvin marvin was on this site lol.
Old 10-17-2011 | 10:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Ok, that helps. The etchings are basically on the entire front section of the hood so I will leave it as it is. I'm sure they will be almost completely unnoticeable in regular sunlight. I'm using a spray bottle with water to prime the pad, spraying it once or twice. It works well to eliminate the dust using the rotary.
You need to prime the pad with the m105. Work it into all the pores of the foam, then apply the pea sized dots to it.
Old 10-18-2011 | 05:42 AM
11 Second Club

You need to prime the pad with the m105. Work it into all the pores of the foam, then apply the pea sized dots to it.
LISTEN TO THIS MAN! You probably wouldn't believe how important that statement is.
Old 10-18-2011 | 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ooh, ok. Cause I watched Adam's videos and they prime their pads with detail spray, I figured a spray bottle with water would be ok. I will try priming it with the polish next time. Do you just rub it on the pad with your hand or something?
Old 10-18-2011 | 11:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Ooh, ok. Cause I watched Adam's videos and they prime their pads with detail spray, I figured a spray bottle with water would be ok. I will try priming it with the polish next time. Do you just rub it on the pad with your hand or something?
BOOM! There you go buddy

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-polisher.html
Old 10-18-2011 | 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats I remember when I bought mine it was like Christmas for a long time!

Quick Reply: Bought the car I've been looking for *pics* *detailing pics added (black car)*