Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

What OEM Projector lights will fit in 98+ firebird housings?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 08:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I PMd BLS and asked about their setup.... I dont think they appreciated my comment below but damn, $900???? If I had the mounting plate and housing, Id build my own set. I think Ill go all custom on mine with halos too...
Old 11-13-2011, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
I PMd BLS and asked about their setup.... I dont think they appreciated my comment below but damn, $900???? If I had the mounting plate and housing, Id build my own set. I think Ill go all custom on mine with halos too...
I'd like to see how it looks with the halo's. I thought about doing halo's on them and think it'd look pretty sweet the low's lit and halo's going on the high's as well.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:55 PM
TECH Addict

Im going tomorrow to get some acrylic rods and build some Halos.. hopefully Ill be done with a couple of other projects im doing for some guys on here... when I finish them, Ill do my halos...
Old 11-14-2011, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sweet.. I'd like to see how they turn out.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will be doing trams setup, already have the plates for the hellas. I know not the best but better than a halogen housing.

What do you have for an idea about a projector cover? Only thing my setup will be lacking.

I inquired bls about a cover for them and I don't think he was very fond of it.. I got a response he will only sell the covers as replacements to customers who bought the kit.. I asked out of curiosity what that price was with no response, just wanted to know what to expect If I found some premade or the like.. He says he is all about diy projects but isn't quick to jump in and help for us guys doing t from scratch or piercing together a kit. Eh, all about the money.. I understand just sucks we dont have an easy solution.. Not even if we will pay.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lemons12
I will be doing trams setup, already have the plates for the hellas. I know not the best but better than a halogen housing.

What do you have for an idea about a projector cover? Only thing my setup will be lacking.

I inquired bls about a cover for them and I don't think he was very fond of it.. I got a response he will only sell the covers as replacements to customers who bought the kit.. I asked out of curiosity what that price was with no response, just wanted to know what to expect If I found some premade or the like.. He says he is all about diy projects but isn't quick to jump in and help for us guys doing t from scratch or piercing together a kit. Eh, all about the money.. I understand just sucks we dont have an easy solution.. Not even if we will pay.
The covers wouldn't be that hard to make. I've got access to a commercial vac former, but I don't plan on putting any covers on mine, so I'm going to leave it. All you'd need to do would be to drill/tap the plates you've got for hold down screws, use the stock light bezel and boom, done. If you've got a little mechanical inclination, you could make a DIY vac former really quickly out of some 2x4's and peg board. The plexi is easy to heat in the oven and if you keep compound bends out of it, it bends pretty well.

Years ago I put some Hella 60mm's on a 4-wheeler and they're still going strong, they've lived through life on that thing, mud, rocks, water, etc, etc, so I'm confident in their ability to live on the Trans Am.

Last edited by Tram; 11-14-2011 at 02:05 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

My only reason for it is to give it a more "finished" look. I have zero doubt they will hold up with as littpe as I drive the car.

I will look into it a bit more.. Been too busy with other projects to do much research on it.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lemons12
My only reason for it is to give it a more "finished" look. I have zero doubt they will hold up with as littpe as I drive the car.

I will look into it a bit more.. Been too busy with other projects to do much research on it.
Yeh, I was somewhat concerned about that as well, HAS to look like it was meant to go there..

Well, I realized that I don't run around with my headlamps up with the lights off, so no one is seeing what is there, and when the lights are on, I think they look like they're meant to be there.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'll just have to install them and then go from there.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeh, that's kinda how I felt. Once they were in, I was like "That'll do."
Old 11-18-2011, 02:51 AM
12 Second Club

Ive been thinking about pulling the trigger on these and see how they work. my lmc truck housings arent bad but they could be improved. http://www.xtralights.com/4andquotwx...hromepair.aspx
Old 11-18-2011, 04:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Egg1456
Ive been thinking about pulling the trigger on these and see how they work. my lmc truck housings arent bad but they could be improved. http://www.xtralights.com/4andquotwx...hromepair.aspx
These will be worse than your LMC housings. There is no true projector in these and it's no more than a piece of glass made to simulate the look. The output will be horrendous.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

As Blackbirdws6 stated above, those are crap. Its not a projector. It just has a hunk of glass stuffed in it to fool people into thinking its a projector.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Blackbird actually has a thread where he shows how he made the covers so that should be pretty easy. I want to do a retro with halos, but my headlights are only up when they're on, and when they are on the halos aren't as visible. I wish I could find a way to do halo fogs.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by dabest09
I wish I could find a way to do halo fogs.
Funny you should ask that....
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...y-formula.html

More info:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...rojectors.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...onversion.html

These links and more Lighting Information is available in the Lighting FAQ:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...hting-faq.html
Old 11-19-2011, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Those look really good on that formula but the thread with the TA looks strange. He didn't show any completed pics of the fog lights, and the one picture he did supply, the fog lights looked way too tiny for the bumper holes.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dabest09
Blackbird actually has a thread where he shows how he made the covers so that should be pretty easy. I want to do a retro with halos, but my headlights are only up when they're on, and when they are on the halos aren't as visible. I wish I could find a way to do halo fogs.

Ive made a bunch of those. They are fairly simple...
Old 11-20-2011, 12:42 AM
12 Second Club

i was looking for that thread the other day and couldnt find it
Old 11-20-2011, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

i was looking for that thread the other day and couldnt find it
Which thread?
Old 11-21-2011, 12:43 AM
12 Second Club

the ones VIP1 posted

Quick Reply: What OEM Projector lights will fit in 98+ firebird housings?