Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Planning on getting some HID's (DDM tuning)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 11-11-2011, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by djfury05
Maybe it was all installer error.. My DDM's burnt out in less than 2 weeks. It is all the same **** just with a different name from China. I gave DDM a try now I'm giving XENTEC a try. Get off DDMs nuts.
Uhh, the DDM stuff is not the "same **** with a different name", though it is from China. If you actually did some research, you'll find that DDM owns the factory in which their HIDs are made. They control their own quality and pricing, and they apparently have a low enough failure rate where they can offer a lifetime warranty.

I found this stuff out before I bought and went with them for HIDs on my Impala SS and Saturn VUE. They've been on the Impala for about 2 years with no issues, and the Saturn for about 18 months, also with no issues. I even have a set to be installed on my Camaro, though I'm waiting for my Whistlered headlights to show up before I do it.

As for color temp, my Impala and VUE have 6000K, and I occasionally find myself wishing for a bit more light in the rain. So, for the Camaro, I ordered 5000K. Also have 3500K in all of my fogs, which really cuts through the nasty weather.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bene
5000 K is warm white while 6000 K is cool white.
my DDM 5k were more blue than i would have liked. 43-4500k is the truest white you can get. to say that the 5k is "warm white" is definately not true. anything over 5k and you start to see a LOT more blue.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't have to do research on them LS1 Racing, when everyone is ranting and raving about DDM being amazing, it should be no question that you will receive a quality product. Then I receive the product and its fails in less than 2 weeks.. ya ok. I didn't even try to contact them about warranty since they were going through bullshit trying to get orders out anyways.

This time Xentec is getting a try, which btw I ordered and were delivered in 2 days!! unlike DDMs 3 weeks.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Launching!

i have xentec on my car,, and put tehm on like 20 other cars..no problems.. just make sure you dont wet them!
Old 11-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by _max_POWER
my DDM 5k were more blue than i would have liked. 43-4500k is the truest white you can get. to say that the 5k is "warm white" is definately not true. anything over 5k and you start to see a LOT more blue.
I guess my HID light and my eyes are lying to me then.

As you can see at the chart, 5000K is right on the cusp of warm white and then goes to cool white at 6000K.

4300-4500K still have the yellow tint in them.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

I guess my HID light and my eyes are lying to me then.

As you can see at the chart, 5000K is right on the cusp of warm white and then goes to cool white at 6000K.

4300-4500K still have the yellow tint in them.
cool. your sweet little chart may say one thing but if you were to install 5 different HID kits that were the same kelvin rating i bet they would differ from each other. do you honestly think will all the chinese made kits out there that "6k" is the same color amongst all of them? please.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Trunion King

cool. your sweet little chart may say one thing but if you were to install 5 different HID kits that were the same kelvin rating i bet they would differ from each other. do you honestly think will all the chinese made kits out there that "6k" is the same color amongst all of them? please.
That's not my phuckin' problem is it? I'm stating/showing the proper kelvin color and you retort to me with a "chinese made" HID.

Who gives a shyte who made them. If you're dumb and buy a low quality HID from the CHINESE you'll get exactly that... a LOW quality. Warm white is at 5000k not like what you stated smart one. Maybe I need to dumb it down for you.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Staging Lane

That's not my phuckin' problem is it? I'm stating/showing the proper kelvin color and you retort to me with a "chinese made" HID.

Who gives a shyte who made them. If you're dumb and buy a low quality HID from the CHINESE you'll get exactly that... a LOW quality. Warm white is at 5000k not like what you stated smart one. Maybe I need to dumb it down for you.
No your "phuckin" problem is that you make blanket statements that are entirely UNTRUE. My comment about chinese made HIDs was simply to prove that not every single HID bulb that is rated at "6k" is the same "phuckin" color because of differences in manufacturing processes between the companies that produce them. do i have to dumb that down for you? cause it seems like i do. jeez get your panties in a wad just because someone disagrees with you.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Trunion King

No your "phuckin" problem is that you make blanket statements that are entirely UNTRUE. My comment about chinese made HIDs was simply to prove that not every single HID bulb that is rated at "6k" is the same "phuckin" color because of differences in manufacturing processes between the companies that produce them. do i have to dumb that down for you? cause it seems like i do. jeez get your panties in a wad just because someone disagrees with you.
How is not true? What you have proven here is your DDM sucks. Why does it suck? Obviously their quality control and their rating is INCORRECT.

What you experienced with your DDM kit might not be showing warm white @ 5000 k instead its at 4300 k but it doesn't mean it's RIGHT does it?

I... showed... you... the... chart... with... proper... Kelvin... color. Is... your... name... SAM? Or... is... it... FORREST?

Go fetch your mods... they're still waiting on you to install them.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Staging Lane

How is not true? What you have proven here is your DDM sucks. Why does it suck? Obviously their quality control and their rating is INCORRECT.

What you experienced with your DDM kit might not be showing warm white @ 5000 k instead its at 4300 k but it doesn't mean it's RIGHT does it?

I... showed... you... the... chart... with... proper... Kelvin... color. Is... your... name... SAM? Or... is... it... FORREST?

Go fetch your mods... they're still waiting on you to install them.
considering 99% of the posts in this thread are about chinese made HID kits (DDM being one of them smart guy) I think my post was more valid than your blanket statement based on your gay little chart. Once again... JUST BECAUSE A CHART SAYS THAT 6000k IS PURE WHITE, THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT ALL 6k HID BULBS ARE "PURE WHITE"
I am not arguing about the validity of your chart. I am arguing about the validity of your statement in a thread which is honestly mostly about chinese made HID kits.
For example: If some guy buys 6k HIDs from DDM or whatever other manufacturer he decides on thinking that he is getting "pure white" because your post says that what he is going to get, dont you think he is going to be a little disappointed when he ends up with some ricey blue headlights?
I understand there is no arguing about what kelvin ratings mean but in a real world application your little chart does not always apply.
You can attack my choice in parts for my vehicle all you want.
You can attack the fact that i haven't installed my H/C setup yet. (really dude? grow up)
... but neither of those is going to make you correct.
p.s. Motion to get Bene's title changed to "HID king" instead of "Trunion king"?
Eh?
Old 11-18-2011, 04:17 AM
12 Second Club

Both my ddm kits were delivered in 2 weeks, 2 separate orders. I got 55 w 5000k and i would like it a little bit whiter. Works great every time so far had them about a month
Old 11-18-2011, 03:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered my slim line Xentecs (5000K 9005 bulbs) yesterday, they came in this morning.

I hope I get time to put them in this weekend.

Kit looks good. I like how they left the plug off, so I can measure the voltage and get the correct polarity.

Attached Thumbnails Planning on getting some HID's (DDM tuning)-xentec.jpg  
Old 12-27-2011, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

woah i havent looked at this thread in a while looks like things got heated lol... but anyway with some extra christmas money i have i think im going to order my HID kit tomorrow most likely from DDM. but im still torn on bulb color i want a little slightlest tint of blue in it but mostly white so 5000k or 6000k guys?
Old 12-27-2011, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

I just ordered a 6000k kit from DDM. It seems to be a "pure white" from the chart above, which is what I want but if not life will go on lol. The light output of the 5000k that I installed on my 350z appeared to have a slight blue tint to it.

Last edited by 95cam86roc; 12-27-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks man such a tough choice. i really don't want to get bothered by the cops either. if the 5000k ended up being completely white with no blue id prob be a little disappointed to be honest.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:32 PM
On The Tree

There's a color chart on their website. I just found it and it's rather hard to see what is "whiter", but it does look different then the chart showed above. You tell me what you think, I might have to go back and change my order.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ap...Raptor-HID-Kit
Old 12-27-2011, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

from what ive been reading 6000k is harder to see in the rain, alot of people from other forums say that 5000k is the best
Old 12-28-2011, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

found these 5000k

Old 12-28-2011, 02:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The 5000k lights in my Camaro are clearly a pure white compared to the blue-white 6000k units in our Impala. Both were ordered from DDM, albeit 2 years apart.

In real world driving, the 5000k lights definitely work better in wet conditions, while they're pretty equal in the dry.

Also, just picked up some 55 watt 3000k H9 HIDs for the high beams of the Impala. We live in the forest and occasionally have a need for flamethrowers like that!

Quick Reply: Planning on getting some HID's (DDM tuning)