Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

LAST CHANCE to buy gauge overlays...

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 09:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HotWhipT/A
I don't think it matters what we say now unfortunately. I do think in the future, Mark should give us a better warning on when they are going to pull the plug on a product. That way us buyers that were holding of don't end up between a rock and a hard place. Hell, even a warning might save the product from disappearing for good. I know we could have put the word out on various car forums to get tons of new business. Yea, maybe the F-body market has slowed, but there was plenty of opportunity in other car enthusiast markets. Just saying....
this product has been out for three years...and the price is 1/3 of what i paid the first round

its 250 bucks. most people spend more than that on stupid **** in a month.
even if you eat out for lunch every day and pay 5 bucks a day, thats 150 bucks right there
don't go drinking for a couple weeks and theres your other 100 bucks

don't blame the company. he gave a month warning. thats plenty of time...most aftermarket companies don't even do that. you end up placing an order, don't get it after 2 weeks, have to clal and find out it is discontinued.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Purchased! I didn't pick a shipping option(I put it as pickup for now) as I guess it's going to be different to the UK.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by birdmaro
this product has been out for three years...and the price is 1/3 of what i paid the first round

its 250 bucks. most people spend more than that on stupid **** in a month.
even if you eat out for lunch every day and pay 5 bucks a day, thats 150 bucks right there
don't go drinking for a couple weeks and theres your other 100 bucks

don't blame the company. he gave a month warning. thats plenty of time...most aftermarket companies don't even do that. you end up placing an order, don't get it after 2 weeks, have to clal and find out it is discontinued.
This guy does speak the truth.... I've been holding out on drinking, eating, & buying random **** that I need to get this! Lol & the day has come & my paycheck is in. Time to buy my cluster!!! Mark I talked to Brian about my design so I guess all I need to do is place the order & wait....
Old 01-27-2012, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just placed my order!!

Old 01-28-2012, 12:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Damn I was all excited last night until I saw replacement needles were $70
Old 01-28-2012, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Can someone explain how you order and get Mark the 50% deposit.

If you go through the site it prompts for FULL payment..

Anybody....
Old 01-28-2012, 02:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also I am trying to order, and it doesn't ask me any options which I know the level of customization I am seeking will be more than the base $249.99 cost plus $20.00 shipping....Will they send a PayPal invoice for the difference?
Old 01-28-2012, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A 6LE or Sommer chime in would be nice...
Old 01-28-2012, 04:08 PM
12 Second Club

Placed my order!
Old 01-28-2012, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaRReLL
Can someone explain how you order and get Mark the 50% deposit.

If you go through the site it prompts for FULL payment..

Anybody....
Not sure how he wants to handle that but I'm sure he will let you guys know.

Originally Posted by XxXTransAmXxX
Also I am trying to order, and it doesn't ask me any options which I know the level of customization I am seeking will be more than the base $249.99 cost plus $20.00 shipping....Will they send a PayPal invoice for the difference?
All options are the same price now, get as customized as you want! The base price allows for no customizing so that is the difference between the two. Just put all the details of what you want done in the email when you place the order.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by McNord
All options are the same price now, get as customized as you want! The base price allows for no customizing so that is the difference between the two. Just put all the details of what you want done in the email when you place the order.
So just proceed with the 249.99 plus shipping of 20.00 as if I was buying that, then in the details send him the list of modifications?
Old 01-28-2012, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by McNord
Not sure how he wants to handle that but I'm sure he will let you guys know.

Don't know if you got my FB message but got my order in. Looking forward to seeing some pics of it
Old 01-28-2012, 05:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
Just placed my order!!

i vote this as best post in this thread.

hamstuh <3
Old 01-28-2012, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Raleigh TA
I appreciate 6LE is out here innovating, I support him. If he decides to invest his resources in some projects vs others, I respect that. A couple of years ago these overlays were only available in limited group purchases, until they invested in the machine. Since then, McNord has made many of these great appearance enhancers to our specification, and now the organization wants to focus on items that they are more interested in, or perceive may be more a more profitable use of their money and time. Limited resources lead to limited product offerings, let's consider the thought that Mark, Mike, McNord and any others involved need to make difficult decisions in order to continue to offer innovative items that we all love. Unless you are investing in 6LE, lets respect their choices.
Great point. Most people dont realize how small this business is and how much the guys in PHK Burbank have to do with the process of getting these made. All of our cars are test cars in one way or another. 2 of our LT1 guys got the initial sets of Longtubes he sold, Mark and Sommer did the overlays and exhaust valances and seats, I did the LT1 front splitter, LT1 gauge overlay, Side splitters, diffuser. A bunch of guys up there including Mark tested his brake kit. And McNord works out of his house to do the exterior pieces. Im sure Im leaving a few things out but really the majority of testing is 10 or so guys that hang out on Fridays. Unfortunately this is why he no longer takes preorders or promises from tech. Because this happens, the same thing happened with the Dual exhaust valance. Interest was huge and promises were never held up. I know Im bummed because I cant get an overlay but registering my car and bring everything up to par on it was more important. All of us in burbank have been through I think 10 overlays and we pushed them hard for years. Sad to see them go but new products are in the works.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:42 PM
Tire Smoking Tranny Blowing Director

Got mine now just need to know where to send me cluster^^
Old 01-29-2012, 04:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XxXTransAmXxX
So just proceed with the 249.99 plus shipping of 20.00 as if I was buying that, then in the details send him the list of modifications?
That is correct!

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
Don't know if you got my FB message but got my order in. Looking forward to seeing some pics of it
Yea, it came through on my phone & I can't reply from there..... then I forgot when I got on the computer Sorry.

Should have artwork for you soon!
Old 01-29-2012, 01:20 PM
TECH Regular

WTB: STOCK OVERLAY. Please pm me if you no longer need your stock gauge overlay, I definitely would like to purchase one, due to the previous owner of my vehicle.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bones Z28
WTB: STOCK OVERLAY. Please pm me if you no longer need your stock gauge overlay, I definitely would like to purchase one, due to the previous owner of my vehicle.
Im in the same boat as this guy just need one for an lt1 car.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DaRReLL
A 6LE or Sommer chime in would be nice...
McNord already chimed in on the customization portion of the overlays, so I'll text Mark right now and find out ow he's doing the 50% down payment thing. I do know that these overlays take a few weeks to get done....

....ssssssssoooo if you were to get your 50% order in, you'd have a couple more weeks to get the $$ together.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sommer86
McNord already chimed in on the customization portion of the overlays, so I'll text Mark right now and find out ow he's doing the 50% down payment thing. I do know that these overlays take a few weeks to get done....

....ssssssssoooo if you were to get your 50% order in, you'd have a couple more weeks to get the $$ together.
Exactly......

Just need to know where and how to process it....

Hurry!!! Tick Tock Tick Tock

Quick Reply: LAST CHANCE to buy gauge overlays...