Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

LAST CHANCE to buy gauge overlays...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oberth1
Got mine installed after having it sit on my desk for almost 3 months. I now need to travel with paper towels to wipe the drool my friends and i leave off the car.

Thanks 6LE! btw, you really should include a sticker or something that can be put on the car for advertising. I keep getting asked who made this!
I mean they sent me this when I ordered from them. But Id rock it if it was black
Old 04-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

still waiting, I'm like a kid checking everyday lol
Old 04-12-2012, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaRReLL
Hey Mike,

The white one should be fine.

I have red LEDs in the gauges and want it to reflect that color at night.

Questions is: Will the white one reflect the color of the LEDs?
YES! White is the ONLY color that will reflect the actual color of the LED's. For example, If you choose blue needles and have red LED's, you'll have a purple tint to the light. You get the best day and night contrast with the white needles, because they are completely clear, but the backing is white. With colored needles you dont get the full light spectrum and colors will mix, but they will light up bright because of the backing on those as well.

Hope that helps a bit.

Originally Posted by McNord
I think the white ones are the best because they will reflect ANY color LED you use & look great!
What he said...

Last edited by Sommer86; 04-12-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by maxplusten
how bout those a4 kits?
Originally Posted by Pewter T/A 2000
I, too, am in need of the A4 installation kit.

Anybody else order an overlay in dark red and it come out not so "dark red"? Almost a slight "purpleish" hue to it?
Hey fellas, I still make and sell the A4 install kits locally, and I can make them anytime. Email me if you need to order one. I'm picking up all my ordered (and extra) A4 kits and all blue needle orders today and it's all ready to ship by tomorrow!

sommer86clothing@aol.com

-Mike
Sommer86

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozSIgFOTIkg

Last edited by Sommer86; 04-12-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alright, we obviously didn't expect the orders we got and it took this long to fill them. We had to keep the machines through April to fill the orders. McNord is finishing up the last of them so for the next two weeks we're opening the page back up while we have the machines...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...l#post16205418

We went ahead and made live www.mcnordgauges.com It is a flash generator we were working on last year but realized we were selling and never finished. It is fun to play with if you want though to get ideas...
Old 04-16-2012, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

how much is the a4 kit?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by z28camaross2
how much is the a4 kit?
PM me for the details...
Old 04-22-2012, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Next to go....

Rick S
Jason U
Crunk3
Cody
Chris B
Chris H
Adam
Adam G
Samuel J
Jason M
Phil C
Brandon
Justin C
Luis N

Old 04-22-2012, 08:04 PM
TECH Addict

And just to update you all with this week's (actually, the last 9 days) needle and A4 install kit shipments (which is all of them):

Needles:
Kendrick L.
Josh A.
Patrick E.
Adrian G.
Zach F.
Darrell C.
Jared S.
Tolvo L.
Jason U. (and black & Orange leather samples for seats)
Patrick W.

A4 Install Kits
Andy W.
Ryan G.
Jason U.

Last edited by Sommer86; 04-23-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome I'm on the list! Thanks Brian sorry for that mix up... Looking forward to getting this installed. Now I need to order some white needles & some LEDs
Old 04-22-2012, 11:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Sommer86
I'm picking up all my ordered (and extra) A4 kits and all blue needle orders today and it's all ready to ship by tomorrow!
This was on the 12th, meaning they would be shipped the 13th which was a Friday. I guess nothing goes right on Friday the 13th. I was expecting my BLUE needles the following week. I thought surely they would arrive via snail mail by this past Saturday the 21st. I was dead wrong. I should have figured. If they don't come by Friday this coming week, I'm going to be really PISSED. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll come tomorrow or Tuesday. (For those that don't know, I've been waiting since February) It wasn't like this was a custom overlay that takes lots of time.) They ran out of blue plastic for starters.

Last edited by HotWhipT/A; 04-22-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Pretty sure everyone's in the same boat buddy... Kind of hard when its pretty much one person making them all. PATIENCE!
Old 04-23-2012, 12:19 AM
TECH Addict

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
Pretty sure everyone's in the same boat buddy... Kind of hard when its pretty much one person making them all. PATIENCE!
I've gone through a lot of delays and poor communication. My biggest pet peeve is poor communication, otherwise I'm pretty patient. With better communication, I would be perfectly fine. Keep in mind when I ordered these, I was expecting them to be in stock and receive them within 2 weeks or so with the other thing I ordered. And when he says he's going to ship them on a given day, I got my hopes up. It doesn't take over a week to send something in the mail to any corner of the USA.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:40 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HotWhipT/A
I've gone through a lot of delays and poor communication. My biggest pet peeve is poor communication, otherwise I'm pretty patient. With better communication, I would be perfectly fine. Keep in mind when I ordered these, I was expecting them to be in stock and receive them within 2 weeks or so with the other thing I ordered. And when he says he's going to ship them on a given day, I got my hopes up. It doesn't take over a week to send something in the mail to any corner of the USA.
Yeah, sorry man. I had delays on my end as well. And then my baby came a week early and I fell off the face of the Earth for almost 2 weeks. Sorry.
Like i said, those names up there were all of my last shipments. Not just the last ones that went out this week. That's just the names of ALL of the them.

If you dont see yours by tuesday hit me up again, and i'll get another set out to you (priority mail again). You've been all kinds of patient and i appreciate that. And I've even got 5 more sets of blue ready to go just incase. Again, that's for for patience, it's been a rough last 5 weeks. But we're not the biggest fan of the USPS, but they're the best rates.

Again, I'm sorry for the laser needing a recalibration, the laser operator going out of town, the plastic not being in stock and not easily sourced anymore (since I thought we were stopping these) and for my baby being born. You've been great, and you're going to LOVE these needles, AG!
Old 04-23-2012, 01:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
You got it, and thanks! It pretty much is a one man operation after I receive all the parts, but it's all the other parts of the operation that slow me down. I can't help supply drying up or people out of town or my 1st baby coming early, lol.

Thanks for understanding everyone, and if you need needles, it's going to be a couple more weeks since the white/clear ones are the next to run out. I think i've got almost 2 sets worth in stock but i'm sourcing more as we speak.

It's tough making all your cars look pretty!
Old 04-23-2012, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Sommer86
Yeah, sorry man. I had delays on my end as well. And then my baby came a week early and I fell off the face of the Earth for almost 2 weeks. Sorry.
Like i said, those names up there were all of my last shipments. Not just the last ones that went out this week. That's just the names of ALL of the them.

If you dont see yours by tuesday hit me up again, and i'll get another set out to you (priority mail again). You've been all kinds of patient and i appreciate that. And I've even got 5 more sets of blue ready to go just incase. Again, that's for for patience, it's been a rough last 5 weeks. But we're not the biggest fan of the USPS, but they're the best rates.

Again, I'm sorry for the laser needing a recalibration, the laser operator going out of town, the plastic not being in stock and not easily sourced anymore (since I thought we were stopping these) and for my baby being born. You've been great, and you're going to LOVE these needles, AG!
Thanks, I really do appreciate you clearing everything up. It's been rough and I had to vent a little bit. Others just didn't exactly understand how much went wrong. I hear ya on that USPS. It didn't come today BTW.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just placed an order for a overlay.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:39 PM
TECH Veteran

About to as well. Last chance EVAR really lights a fire.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got mine in today! Thanks Brian & Mark ill post pics when I get it installed. Still need to order needles & LEDs
Old 04-30-2012, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

LS1Tech 10 Year

Getting my blue needles this Wednesday (5/2) finally! I talked with Mike. HUGE mix up on his part. I wasn't acting crazy or out of line for all you naysayers. Screw you guys, LOL. You don't know nothing, bout anything!

Quick Reply: LAST CHANCE to buy gauge overlays...