Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

We have the machines through April, if you still want a gauge overlay ORDER NOW...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default We have the machines through April, if you still want a gauge overlay ORDER NOW...

EDIT: WE ARE REPOSTING THIS. WHEN WE DID THE FINAL GROUP PURCHASE WE GOT MORE ORDERS THAN WE COULD HANDLE AND HAD TO MAKE AN ARRANGEMENT TO KEEP THE MACHINES LONGER.

RIGHT NOW WE HAVE THEM TO THE END OF APRIL. IF YOU WANT ONE, ORDER ONE.

IF THE ORDERING PAGE IS STILL UP YOU CAN STILL ORDER. WE HAD TO KEEP THE MACHINES LONGER TO FINISH THE ORDERS. If you need to put a non-refundable deposit down and pay the rest later e-mail me at madelisle@yahoo.com and we'll work it out...

We took a huge loss buying the machines unfortunately. We used to sell 40 gauge overlays every month or two... Since we bought the machines to do them in house we haven't sold 40 in this past year, and that's WITH the 10 we did for the Dale Earnhardt cars.

We waited until the end of the year (to show a loss on our taxes) but now we're getting ready to just sell them off to recoup some of our losses.

We'll do one last run, so now until the end of April so this is your LAST CHANCE to buy them...

WE WILL MAKE THEM FOR ANY MAKE/MODEL CAR but here's some popular ones...

We make them for Third Generation F-Bodies...

We make them for Fourth Generation F-Bodies...

We make the for 2004-2006 GTOs...

We make them for Fifth Generation Camaros (high end ones at that, we designed and made these for the 2011 Dale Earnhardt Intimidator cars)...

If you just want a factory style but a different color click here...

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=288

If you want something COMPLETELY CUSTOM (as wild as your imagination can get) for only $50 more click here...

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=262

Those are the only two options, factory style with just a new font and color change or completely custom. So, if you just want "one little thing" changed it is the same price as if we completely redesign the whole thing for you... So I'd get creative Like McNord did on his personal one...

I wish we could keep offering these but it is just not fiscally smart as a business. We need to recoup the money to put into hardtop roof replacements among other things SO if you want an overlay BUY IT NOW !!!!

We even have a page you can play around with the design, YOU CAN NOT ORDER FROM IT (we never got to finish it) but it is fun, lol... www.mcnordgauges.com
Old 04-16-2012, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Posted a link to this thread over on CamaroZone.com since a few members over there have been asking about gauge replacements lately.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh geez you tempt me.

I played with that tool... came up with this after playing for 10 min or so (McNord could do a better finished product of course)

The only real thing keeping me from doing this is what happens if/when I do an LS1 swap a couple years the future and I can't use my snazzy gauges anymore?

Unless I can somehow get a Z28 cluster to work properly in my V6 car...

Does anyone know if that is possible? Can I use the 150mph cluster in my V6 Camaro and have everything work right? I'm not concerned about the oil PSI numbers being different, I just want to be sure the speedometer and tach will read accurately. IF that is possible then I may have to pull the trigger!
Attached Thumbnails We have the machines through April, if you still want a gauge overlay ORDER NOW...-guages.jpg  
Old 04-16-2012, 08:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^ According to this chart (if I understand it right), a gauge cluster from a 99 Ls1 car will work in a 99 v6 camaro because the harness is the same. Link

It will be off, but as long as the gas gauge isn't , it shouldn't really matter as long as you are not OCD about all gauges reading correctly. You can always use a GPS or smart phone app for accurate speed reading.

I'm saying this based on fact that v8 cars need to be calibrated to use the 200 mph speedo.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zomg!!! Im ordering! Thank you 6LE!!! I thought I was SOL, but I got lucky!!!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Crap, I might have to order another.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

Damn.. I definitley am gonna order a set. I cant believe you arent selling more of these??? Especially offering complete custom ones..
Old 04-17-2012, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is there a way you could mock up a SOM with "camaro" in the rpm and z28 in mph gauge?
Old 04-17-2012, 09:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Would it be possible to order just a custom shifter overlay or do you have to order the set?

I'm thinking a 4th gen Z28 for park and camaro for R,N, D,OD, 2,1.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:56 AM
12 Second Club

Man I think I'm going to jump on this. Do you have any pictures with a carbon fiber background?
Old 04-17-2012, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If I wanted to use the stainless/ABS bezel on a Firebird, would I have to swap to a Camaro overlay or can I just remove the plastic bezel the Firebirds have?
Old 04-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Launching!

YES! I will be putting in my order on the 27th!!! If still there that is cuz that is when I get paid.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:29 PM
TECH Resident

email sent. hope we can work something out!
Old 04-17-2012, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

i sent an email yesterday... plzzz email me back!! i am really in awe that you haven't sold more of these things, i cant think of anyone that is into cars that wouldn't love to have a custom set of overlays, especially at the price you are offering them.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Staging Lane

I'm trying to get you more customers! Anywho. Im digging the ZR1 style gauges. Im placing my order tonight.. 6le.. Are u anywhere near Downey, Ca? LOl
Old 04-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by skorpion317
If I wanted to use the stainless/ABS bezel on a Firebird, would I have to swap to a Camaro overlay or can I just remove the plastic bezel the Firebirds have?
This^
Old 04-17-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by skorpion317
Originally Posted by Trans.Am98
This^

Just swap yor lens for a Camaro lens. the camaro lens don't have the bezel. I think Yofab used to sell them.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Oh geez you tempt me.

I played with that tool... came up with this after playing for 10 min or so (McNord could do a better finished product of course)
I must have completely missed it . What tool? Where do I go to create my own?
Old 04-17-2012, 09:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

http://www.mcnordgauges.com/

From what I've read a 155mph gauge from a 99 Z28/SS will work in my 99 V6 car, except the tach will read low (correctable with a Dakota adapter) and the speedometer will be slightly off. I've gotten conflicting info on how the temp and oil gauges will react.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sommer86
Just swap yor lens for a Camaro lens. the camaro lens don't have the bezel. I think Yofab used to sell them.
The Firebird bezel is attached to the lens (clear plastic part)? It seems like it's attached to the stock gauge overlay.

Quick Reply: We have the machines through April, if you still want a gauge overlay ORDER NOW...