Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

How do I remove my door panels?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 02:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default How do I remove my door panels?

I have a 02 TA and the door panels are cracking. I'd like to take the panels off and reinforce them but don't want to screw them up. How do they come off?
Old 02-27-2012, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

there should be 3 screw you have to take out and you have to loosen the little lock tab, it should pop off, then pop the window/lock switch panel off and disconnect the wiring. then the whole thing simply lifts off. its easy once you see it.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Theres three large screws (two under the arm rest, one at the front of it) and one skinnier one through the handle bezel. Plus one at the upper inside corner to remove the mirror wire bezel kinda makes it easier. Maybe one more near the mirror switch I'm not sure on the Pontiac (there is on a Chevy). Be careful and use something really thin and flat to remove the window switch or you'll break it (it is 10 year old plastic).
Old 02-29-2012, 05:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So there's only screws and no plastic tabs or anything holding it on? That's surprising if that's the case - Although very convenient
Old 02-29-2012, 06:56 PM
10 Second Club

once you get all the screws out you pick UP on the panel. There is a good thread about fixing the cracks in the Firebird specific fourm.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cape T/A
once you get all the screws out you pick UP on the panel. There is a good thread about fixing the cracks in the Firebird specific fourm.
^^^^^^

Once you take all the screws out, pull your door locks to the unlocked position and pull off the door lock slider (black plastic piece with the orange on it) pop out the power mirror/power window switch panels, disconnect the wiring harness on the back. Once everything is disconnected, lift UP like Cape said. This will pull the panel up, and the clips out of their holes. Pay attention to how it comes up and out, that way you can get it back down and all the clips seated easily.

I remember sitting there trying to get 2 clips to go back into place after I brought the panel down. All you need to do is lift up and re-seat them lol.

This should help too! Click next at the bottom of each page.

http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor3.html
Old 03-01-2012, 11:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a large screw at the bottom of the panel inside the pocket. You will have to unplug the tweeter as soon as you get the panel off.

Making it have 4 large screws (2 in the handle, 1 behind the handle/door handle bezel, and 1 at eh bottom of the door panel.)

Quick Reply: How do I remove my door panels?