Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Got My Saladshooters

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 11:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't understand how you want to autocross it with 16x8s. The performance difference in corners between 16x8 and 17x9 is huge.

People are giving you **** for putting shitty looking OEM rims on your car that came on nearly every Camaro V6 and V8 produced from 1993-1997, painting them black, and posting it in the appearance section as a beneficial appearance mod for you 98-02 Camaro. While appearance is subjective, the majority do not like salad shooters for anything other than throw-away drag racing/winter/shop wheels.

People are giving you **** for putting ZL1 badges on a car that's not a ZL1. That would be like me putting Firehawk badges on my car because it's similar to a Firehawk. That's not how life works. You don't put Dyson badges on a Hoover vacuum with an upgraded motor and purple paint on the case. In professional vehicle design, badges are applied to a vehicle as a finishing touch, not a starting point.

What you are doing is making your car have less tire grip than a stock SS, abusing it more than most stock daily drivers, and putting on ugly rims and badges that don't apply. Maybe this will help you understand why people are giving you ****.

If you're getting C5 Z06's, great. You need 17x9's for the type of driving that you do. Badly. Also, C5 Z06 wheels are usually considered a beneficial appearance mod (compared to installing salad shooters on a 98-02).
Old 10-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This car feels like something a high school kid saved up for, spent all his money on, and now has no money to do anything the right way. It seems to be getting ragged out pretty quickly. Not too much longer and it's a lawn ornament.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Agree with both above posts. And if you're going to build a "ZL1 Tribute Car" you really need to do all of the mechanical work first. THEN you can maybe put some different badges on it. What youre doing is akin to Honda guys throwing Type S badges/stickers on near stock base Civics. Not cool.

I dont see this car having a long, healthy future.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZexGX
I don't understand how you want to autocross it with 16x8s. The performance difference in corners between 16x8 and 17x9 is huge.

People are giving you **** for putting shitty looking OEM rims on your car that came on nearly every Camaro V6 and V8 produced from 1993-1997, painting them black, and posting it in the appearance section as a beneficial appearance mod for you 98-02 Camaro. While appearance is subjective, the majority do not like salad shooters for anything other than throw-away drag racing/winter/shop wheels.

People are giving you **** for putting ZL1 badges on a car that's not a ZL1. That would be like me putting Firehawk badges on my car because it's similar to a Firehawk. That's not how life works. You don't put Dyson badges on a Hoover vacuum with an upgraded motor and purple paint on the case. In professional vehicle design, badges are applied to a vehicle as a finishing touch, not a starting point.

What you are doing is making your car have less tire grip than a stock SS, abusing it more than most stock daily drivers, and putting on ugly rims and badges that don't apply. Maybe this will help you understand why people are giving you ****.

If you're getting C5 Z06's, great. You need 17x9's for the type of driving that you do. Badly. Also, C5 Z06 wheels are usually considered a beneficial appearance mod (compared to installing salad shooters on a 98-02).

Ehat are you talking about? I do have c5 z06s. inever wanted to auto x with the saladshooters. they are my dd wheels, the auto cross pics ive posted are the ones from a week before i bought the c5s.
the z06s are from a vette and they are wide enough for 315s. They are the exact same as on that first gen. they are not repros, and they are not narrower than the O.E. wheels

Originally Posted by justin455
This car feels like something a high school kid saved up for, spent all his money on, and now has no money to do anything the right way. It seems to be getting ragged out pretty quickly. Not too much longer and it's a lawn ornament.

Whats regged out about it? i peeled all the dip from the rest of the car along time ago. And everything else is just as it was when i bought the car.

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
Agree with both above posts. And if you're going to build a "ZL1 Tribute Car" you really need to do all of the mechanical work first. THEN you can maybe put some different badges on it. What youre doing is akin to Honda guys throwing Type S badges/stickers on near stock base Civics. Not cool.

I dont see this car having a long, healthy future.

/\ and you, honestly you can go **** a cactus.

Ive been up here longer than you and no one really had a problem with me till you guys jumped in here.

and Zex you actually said they didnt look bad a couple pages back. so i dont know what changed. Maybe your having a bad day or maybe your getting crogedy, i dont know.

If you dont like it then leave the thread. Same as all other threads.

Its my car and ill do what i want with it.

Same as everyone says in every other thread. its their car not yours.

This is not a thread where i ask for your approval, i do not ask what should i do next, and i do not hate on other peoples rides.

The title is "Got my saladshooters", not "Come **** on my parade because im asking you to".

A little respect guys jeez. And what if i have run out of money? im supporting
elderly people and myself and all of their bills, i think that gives me a reprieve for not having finished the car yet.

Not everyone up here has a trailer queen for you all to drool over, and some peoples builds take years, ive been doing my suspension, weight reduction, a tranny cooler, exhaust, and tune( Removed air/egr/rear 02s, gutted cats), and next is to get a level 4 transmission.

Like i said send me money and ill build the car to your specs, but until then go bitch in a thread where your being asked about your opinion.

Last edited by Nick V.; 10-28-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick V.
Ive been up here longer than you and no one really had a problem with me till you guys jumped in here.

and Zex you actually said they didnt look bad a couple pages back. so i dont know what changed. Maybe your having a bad day or maybe your getting crogedy, i dont know.

This is not a thread where i ask for your approval, i do not ask what should i do next, and i do not hate on other peoples rides.

The title is "Got my saladshooters", not "Come **** on my parade because im asking you to".

elderly people and myself and all of their bills, i think that gives me a reprieve for not having finished the car yet.

Not everyone up here has a trailer queen for you all to drool over, and some peoples builds take years, ive been doing my suspension, weight reduction, a tranny cooler, exhaust, and tune( Removed air/egr/rear 02s, gutted cats), and next is to get a level 4 transmission.

Like i said send me money and ill build the car to your specs, but until then go bitch in a thread where your being asked about your opinion.
These types of threads all becoming all too common around here lately....

Seriously....what did you really think was going to come of painted salad shooters, a half assed paint/exterior scheme and grand illusions of a ZL1 "tribute" car without any mention of performance mods since the thread was opened a year-and-a-half ago!?!?!

Maybe consider SOME of the "opinions" as constructive criticism. Maybe spend less time defending yourself, less whining and put more into execution of what you want to do and move on.... While you boast you're seniority here, you should know you're vulnerable to anything and everything coming your way.....good, bad or otherwise.

Perception is reality based on the "majority" opinion here and what you've done and where you're headed. Might want to face the music and toughen up, dont you think?
Old 10-28-2013, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LPE 403
These types of threads all becoming all too common around here lately....

Seriously....what did you really think was going to come of painted salad shooters, a half assed paint/exterior scheme and grand illusions of a ZL1 "tribute" car without any mention of performance mods since the thread was opened a year-and-a-half ago!?!?!
a year and a half ago this was just a thread to show what i did to the wheels because a few guys were interested in the longevity of plasti dip and also wanted to see what saladshooters would look like on a ls model camaro.

Thats what the thread was, and thats what it should have stayed. I posted new pics to show the dip was still as good as when i first sprayed the wheels.

Then in the one or two months that i was offline Zex, Another Ws6 and a couple others came through and started trashing the thread.

Im not boasting about my time here. i dont usually have a problem with anyone and i dont cause trouble.

Are they the right ones in this for trash talking me for no reason?
the zl1 thing became an idea way after this thread was created.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Having Z06 wheels does not mean you have a ZL1. WTF is going on here? You bought junkyard rims and started a thread about them. This is what happens. Life. Deal.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Having Z06 wheels does not mean you have a ZL1. WTF is going on here? You bought junkyard rims and started a thread about them. This is what happens. Life. Deal.
who said putting z06s on made it a zl1?

i didnt state that. i bought the c5s for racing and carshows.

when im done with modding the car it will be a zl1 tribute car.

do you even know what rims came on a zl1?

why dont you go figure out your own car before you trash someone elses

EDIT:::-- yeah as previously stated i was asked to start the thread so people could see how plasti dip turned out.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

Burning out on Plastidip salad shooters is like having sex with an ugly chick. Its fun when your doing it but its not something you brag about....

I guess what I'm getting at is if your car is spinning due to Plastidip salad shooters then it's probably going to be highly unpredictable.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Burning out on Plastidip salad shooters is like having sex with an ugly chick. Its fun when your doing it but its not something you brag about....

I guess what I'm getting at is if your car is spinning due to Plastidip salad shooters then it's probably going to be highly unpredictable.

...................i spun on c5s.

Edit::: youve got to be one of AutoMachs friends
Old 10-28-2013, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can I please buy that poor car off you? Please? I've already resurrected one SS, she's getting lonely.

I didn't read the whole thread - but you spun because you need help with tire control, not tire size.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:40 PM
Launching!

Ehat are you talking about? I do have c5 z06s. inever wanted to auto x with the saladshooters. they are my dd wheels, the auto cross pics ive posted are the ones from a week before i bought the c5s.
the z06s are from a vette and they are wide enough for 315s. They are the exact same as on that first gen. they are not repros, and they are not narrower than the O.E. wheels

Whats regged out about it? i peeled all the dip from the rest of the car along time ago. And everything else is just as it was when i bought the car.

/\ and you, honestly you can go **** a cactus.

A Phase I ZL1 tribute car. That's a joke right? You have an SS, don't make it something it's not. If you want a GMMG car, buy one. Simple as that. You can still make your car completely unique while having an SS and not being a sheep which is what it appears you're trying to avoid.

You can have cheap DD wheels that still look good which is why the salad shooters have me utterly confused as they're absolutely hideous. Plasti-dipping doesn't hide this, it only exacerbates it. ZR1s/10 spokes/C5s or even Z06s like you have can be had for reasonable prices and you can keep a spare set of wheels for shows/racing/etc.

LPE 403 hit the nail on the head with you defending yourself and also whining. People are giving constructive criticism. Some of it is harsher than others but it's all completely honest. You have no one to be mad at but yourself for ruining this car.

You claim you just wanted to start a thread about your wheels yet when people give their opinion you whine about it. Is the purpose of starting a thread on your vehicle's appearance not to get feedback, negative or positive, from others?
Old 10-28-2013, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by newchevyman
A Phase I ZL1 tribute car. That's a joke right? You have an SS, don't make it something it's not. If you want a GMMG car, buy one. Simple as that. You can still make your car completely unique while having an SS and not being a sheep which is what it appears you're trying to avoid.
no. it was for the guys who asked about plasti dip to see it.

send me money ill buy the rims. if not then dont worry about them.

curious though, a normal SS is not a 10 second car, but people turn them into things they are not.

Same with a trans am.

As for the guy who asked if he could buy it, yeah sure 12k firm.

is it worth it? nope. but thats the price you'd get from me.

Seriously? one set of wheels and ive killed a car? you guys are too much. i dont know what it is you guys do with your cars everyday but mine gets driven. i dont have a track or dyno queen, and i dont care about what "looks" cool.

i think everyone needs to take a step back and leave me alone. those who appreciate the thread will keep doing what they are doing and those who hate it can go stare at their own cars
Old 10-28-2013, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FiredUpZ28
Can I please buy that poor car off you? Please? I've already resurrected one SS, she's getting lonely.

I didn't read the whole thread - but you spun because you need help with tire control, not tire size.
hes quoting my sig, yes i spun it was my first drag race ever. almost 3 years ago.

i think i had the right to spin my first outting
Old 10-28-2013, 11:03 PM
Launching!

no. it was for the guys who asked about plasti dip to see it.

send me money ill buy the rims. if not then dont worry about them.

curious though, a normal SS is not a 10 second car, but people turn them into things they are not.

Same with a trans am.

As for the guy who asked if he could buy it, yeah sure 12k firm.

is it worth it? nope. but thats the price you'd get from me.

Seriously? one set of wheels and ive killed a car? you guys are too much. i dont know what it is you guys do with your cars everyday but mine gets driven. i dont have a track or dyno queen, and i dont care about what "looks" cool.

i think everyone needs to take a step back and leave me alone. those who appreciate the thread will keep doing what they are doing and those who hate it can go stare at their own cars
You're missing the point entirely especially since you decided only to quote the first part of my reply. Your analogy comparison of turning these cars into 10 second cars is completely illogical. If I turned my Camaro into a 10 second car I wouldn't be trying to imitate something it's not which is exactly what you're trying to do.

It wasn't just your one set of wheels either. The terrible GS stripes and ugly headlights only added to this. You were going with a black theme (wheels, stripes) yet your headlights have chrome housings rather than black ones. They also look like cheap eBay projectors. It's your money, we get it. A redundant silly argument. However if your car had tasteful modifications you wouldn't be receiving so much flack.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by newchevyman
You're missing the point entirely especially since you decided only to quote the first part of my reply. Your analogy comparison of turning these cars into 10 second cars is completely illogical. If I turned my Camaro into a 10 second car I wouldn't be trying to imitate something it's not which is exactly what you're trying to do.

It wasn't just your one set of wheels either. The terrible GS stripes and ugly headlights only added to this. You were going with a black theme (wheels, stripes) yet your headlights have chrome housings rather than black ones. They also look like cheap eBay projectors. It's your money, we get it. A redundant silly argument. However if your car had tasteful modifications you wouldn't be receiving so much flack.
1.my point is i wasnt asking for opinions when the thrread was made.

2. if i use all the GM parts from the buldsheets of the ZL1s it will perform just like a zl1. the only way you could tell that it wasnt would be the vin. But it would be just as good right? So a tiny decal shouldnt cause a **** storm, especially since i dont even have any on the car yet.

3. The headlights were cheap replacements in my area when my old ones were damaged. Yes they are chrome, no i do not like them. but they sufficed while i put in the new engine and drove to and from work.

4. All plasti dip stripes were to see what the vinyls would look like if i spent $40 bucks and had them made. After i placed my order i peeled the stripes. but my friend got deployed so he wasnt able to give them to me before he left

5. The Black hood was a CHKD thing.

Tasteful mods are being done or are already done.

ive done BMR/Bilsteins, Tranny cooler, rebuilt engine, new exhaust, panhard, S/D rotors all aroundwith HAWK pads, Gutted cats, about 100lbs of weight reduction, new audio system (P.O. cross wired a few things), bumper support deletes, Air/egr delete, HP tuners Tune, Bigger sway bars, modified the ram air as well.

still to come for this engine

TSP 224/228 on a 112/13 LSA.
205ci heads with headers

level 4 transmission with a 3k stall

and 3.73s for the rear

Im saving for paint, either redo the Red or Cyber Grey Mettallic.

imm also getting headlights very similar to these

I cant build rome in a day.

not in this economy with this many people to provide for.

Quick Reply: Got My Saladshooters