Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: Would you buy the clear honeycomb taillights?
Yes
81.60%
No
18.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Clear Honeycomb Taillights for Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 04:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It isn't just the equipment but you have to also make the molds or however you form the shape correctly.

You can't even get OEM-style aftermarket Camaro tail lights, just those stupid looking ones. So birds, you're not the only ones without a good tail light replacement other than used parts.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
It isn't just the equipment but you have to also make the molds or however you form the shape correctly.

You can't even get OEM-style aftermarket Camaro tail lights, just those stupid looking ones. So birds, you're not the only ones without a good tail light replacement other than used parts.
I was thinking of headlights mistakenly - that said, the companies who manufacture those have the ability to do it.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ericwilloughby
I found a guy that will build them. 250-350 depending on how many we want. Anyone else interested?

"Hey Eric,

Thanks for the email. That would definitly be a killer look. I've been a long time fan of that model Firebird/Trans Am. They were just one of the meanest looking production cars there were at the time without dumping $100k into a Viper or the like.

I "CAN" do just about anything, it always comes down down to price. I would need some more information. The big thing here would be,... do the tail lenses seperate from the housings or are they chemically bonded together and pretty much inseperable? If I can do JUST the lenses, then the costs stays down in a reasonable range. If I have to do housings as well, then the cost would be huge and probably nothing I'd want to take on.

Price is directly related to the number of orders. If we are talking just a few sets,.. say five for example, then as a very rough estimate for lenses only you'd be looking at something around $350 a set. Now if the number ordered jumps up to 10, then the price would probably come down to the $250-$300 range. Again, these are very rough numbers. Without having a set of the tails in my hands to look at, its impossible to give a good estimate.

Just let me know your thoughts and any information / ideas you have and we'll take it from there.

Thanks,

Jason
klearz.com"
POST IN THIS THREAD: https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...rans-am-6.html
Old 08-28-2013, 01:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan
Thanks. It could grow on me
Dan, with your white and blue ('99?) Trans Am, I think these tail lights would be just about the only thing that could make your car better. Your car is damn near perfect and by far the most beautiful TA I've ever seen!

Quick Reply: Clear Honeycomb Taillights for Trans Am