Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

C6 ZO6 brake conversion and CCW's **PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fb0dy0nly
If only you didnt have to run obscenely large wheels with this setup...
traction vs. stopping power; can never have best of both worlds...
It makes me ponder the question as to exactly how much of a difference the bigger brakes and rotors would make compared to a decent stock setup (blank brembos/hawk pads) seeing as you have to run a large tire with little sidewall that kills traction. Im sure the c6 setup would still win for sure but I wonder by how much and if it is worth it. Having to spend over $2k (before the CCWs to boot) when for a little more you can run an aftermarket brembo or stoptech kit and get the same effect while being able to keep and run smaller wheels with a lot more meat and traction.

With that said, Thanks for sharing pics and info tho OP
What is considered obscene? 18 inch wheels? Because you know you can run 18's on this setup. I don't have the gen 2 CTS-V or C6 Z06 setup, but I can tell you that my CTS-V gen1 braking power is night and day over stock all for about $500 give or take.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 197 Posts

is there a separate write up on the rear brake conversion?......P/Ns and so forth....
Old 01-24-2013, 07:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 5.7 Reasons
Thanks for the information!! This helps me out a lot. I'll be sticking with a CTS-V1 setup for the rears since my fronts are already done up in V1 form. It appears I'll have to do the same shoe mod you did to get them to fit. I won't know about the rear caliper and rotor clearance until I get the parts in and do some mock-up. Probably won't touch it until late winter though.

So how is your progress coming along?
Old 01-24-2013, 07:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1HIGHLIFE
So how is your progress coming along?
Sadly I haven't started yet. I should be ordering new wheels and a new rear end in about 2 to 3 weeks. Once all the parts come in, then I can get started on this project.

I just checked out the nmckeever's post on fitting the 5th Gen Brembos on the 4th Gen, that was a good write up.

Quick Reply: C6 ZO6 brake conversion and CCW's **PICS**