Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Old 05-13-2016, 02:53 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

Car fully detailed

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 08:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I used something called red hot which is a degreaser then after using a brush to scrub them nice and clean then simply sprayed a polisher over the rims. then on the tires i used something called premo. Which is a liquid that keeps plastic of ruber shiney. I work at a dealership so i have some sick stuff to detail cars lol
Old 09-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good,as for the car show i dont see it placing in anything,unless you go to a real crap show lol
Old 09-16-2012, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Man you guys are tough. Obviously he didn't go over the entire car with 3 different buffing wheels using different compounds etc. Seems like we're getting spoiled with all the awesome professional detail jobs posted in this section.

OP, you're car looks really good. Especially for a 12 year old car. Cleaner outside, inside, and engine bay than 90% of the rest of us on this site. Nice job.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 913 Likes on 653 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by TORK?
Man you guys are tough. Obviously he didn't go over the entire car with 3 different buffing wheels using different compounds etc. Seems like we're getting spoiled with all the awesome professional detail jobs posted in this section.

OP, you're car looks really good. Especially for a 12 year old car. Cleaner outside, inside, and engine bay than 90% of the rest of us on this site. Nice job.
I agree with this somewhat. "Detailing" means different things to different people. IMO 95% of the population think clean and shiny is "detailed". Very few people will ever have their car detailed to the level of some of the cars seen in this section, which is not a bad thing.

However, what I do have a problem with, and this is not directed at you or the OP at all; is someone that goes to Auto Zone, buys a bottle of cleaner wax, a 30 dollar buffer and some turtle wax and now they suddenly is a "detailer". Oh and some Armor All too.

OP car does look nice.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

detailing can go from a quick wax or an all day ordeal 16 step detail.

Some use depth paint guides, some use lights, some wash their car with an old sock.

lol

Quick Reply: Car fully detailed