Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Black Cadillac Escalade Full Detail

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 12:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Exclamation Black Cadillac Escalade Full Detail

I usually never post details I do on here just because.. I don't feel like taking the time to do so. But this one was a little different. First off, it needed some severe paint correction to say the least, besides the usual stuff. I don't feel like going through the process I use but if you are really interested just visit the site at in sig

Anyways.. the real reason 99% of you clicked this post is for the pictures. So I will let them do the talking. hah

Before:

After:

Last edited by fccs; 09-23-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now come on down from PA and do my car!
Old 09-21-2012, 12:26 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Latch
Now come on down from PA and do my car!
If I could teleport I gladly would
Old 09-21-2012, 07:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Jesus, tell that owner to ditch the brillo pads when they wash it!!

Looks great man!
Old 09-21-2012, 08:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbomber5
Jesus, tell that owner to ditch the brillo pads when they wash it!!

Looks great man!
holy swirls! you did wonders on that paint job.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Must be a caddy thing to be that swirly...

Awesome work! The CTS-V in the picture below took 30 hours...can't really imagine how long an escalade would take. Lol!

Old 09-21-2012, 01:59 PM
12 Second Club

haha thanks everyone. It was a out of the ordinary paint correction job that's for sure. Luckily my Flex polisher handled it pretty quick. (I say quick in the most lenient way possible..)

I would say it took 12-15hrs on paint correcting, which is pretty good being the size of a escalade. I have alot of severe pads that can kill them decently quick and I just waxed the roof so that cut down on time as well.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:59 PM
12 Second Club

stupid gm paint lol
Old 09-22-2012, 10:36 PM
TECH Resident

How does that new of an escalade get that bad? My lord....
Old 09-23-2012, 02:24 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1badWS6
How does that new of an escalade get that bad? My lord....
It has like 100k on the clock so it isn't THAT new but still. Not sure, I guess just with daily use and never waxed much
Old 09-25-2012, 11:04 PM
TECH Resident

That's nuts! Looks a **** load better now. Nice job!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 901 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by fccs
haha thanks everyone. It was a out of the ordinary paint correction job that's for sure. Luckily my Flex polisher handled it pretty quick. (I say quick in the most lenient way possible..)

I would say it took 12-15hrs on paint correcting, which is pretty good being the size of a escalade. I have alot of severe pads that can kill them decently quick and I just waxed the roof so that cut down on time as well.
It only took 12-15 hours?

What pads/compounds polish did you finish with?

From the look of the doors there was still quite a bit of defects left in the paint. However I don't know how thick the paint was or what level of correction you were going for. I did a black Camaro that was just as bad so I know how much work it is to correct it.

What process/products did you use? I couldn't tell anything by the pics on your website.

Last edited by LilJayV10; 09-25-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:03 AM
TECH Resident

Holy crap that's a ton of swirls! Must have used a red scuffing pad on that Escalade! Great turn around looks tons better!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:07 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
It only took 12-15 hours?

What pads/compounds polish did you finish with?

From the look of the doors there was still quite a bit of defects left in the paint. However I don't know how thick the paint was or what level of correction you were going for. I did a black Camaro that was just as bad so I know how much work it is to correct it.

What process/products did you use? I couldn't tell anything by the pics on your website.
Naw just polish residue that wasn't removed yet. I used Lake Country CCS pads to start, most abrasive pad. That, with pressure, removes a TON of defects very quickly, But also leaves some major haze. Which then I used Adam's normal medium orange swirl and haze remover pad which takes any haze left by the CCS pad out. Lastly, I finish with Adam's Fine machine polish pad, which finalizes it. Problem with the fine machine polish pad is the polish is so damn hard to wipe off sometimes, as you can see in some pics there is smudges and what looks like light haze, actually is just polish left on. Takes a bit to remove with a towel and detail spray so I usually do it at the end right before I wax.

Some pics were not taken right at the end but during the process which is why it seems like some defects are still left. I use a Flex polisher by the way. If I was using my old PC this would have taken me forever, I would imagine alot more than 30hours lol.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 901 Likes on 642 Posts

Sweet. I have heard good things about the FLEX.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

how is it using the flex ,i have the 7424 and would like to speed things up but i don't do it professionally or even on the side just for family and stuff . Is it worth it and whats the learning curve.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
how is it using the flex ,i have the 7424 and would like to speed things up but i don't do it professionally or even on the side just for family and stuff . Is it worth it and whats the learning curve.
I love the Flex. It is SO much better in every way shape and form then the 7424. Only issue is the price. If you don't detail for people and you just do your own cars, that's a tough choice. The 7424 can do alot of the job the flex can with the right pad/polish combo TO A POINT. But takes 75% longer I would say and can't get deep swirls out as good.

The flex is forced random orbit, so it's like the best of both worlds, although you can make swirls with the flex still easily. The thing is, if a panel is shitfucked, with the flex you can use a aggressive pad combo AND apply pressure as needed to help with the cutting. You probably will get swirls but the deep stuff will be out, then afterwords it's very quick to remove what you just put in anyways. The PC wouldn't be able to do this. I would say 1min on a panel with 1 pass = 3-4min on a panel with 2 passes each with the PC. That's how much better you can cut time down with the flex if you can use it well. I love it with a passion, but I do like 2 cars a week or whenever I have a day off from work as well. It also can burn through edges so gotta be careful with that. But you can finish with a light pad, very slow and light, and leave no swirls because it's still a random orbit polisher.

Quick Reply: Black Cadillac Escalade Full Detail