Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Anyone ever plasti-dip interior?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 11:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever plasti-dip interior?

Going to be going through an interior makeover this winter. Interior is tan right now and looking to go to black/ebony. Already have the carpet ordered and will be getting new seats soon as well. The problem I'm having is that the door panels and other trim pieces are tan as well. Was thinking of using plasti-dip on those pieces. Anyone ever tried this out? How did it turn out? Pictures would be great!
Old 10-22-2012, 12:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would not use plastidip. For longevity's sake. If anything I would probably scuff it up and use a plastic paint with a clear of some sort(matte clear maybe?).

Although plastidip does not offer a clear coat, I'm just not sure how long that lasts.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

use the stuff that is made for the job, like SEM interior paint/dye

this whole plasti-dip craze is seriously confusing the hell out of me. it offers nothing, but the ability to remove it if you want to. Are people that incisive/unable to commit to things? your average spray paints look better, more depth in the color, lays down smoother, have more options, and are more durable... /rant lol
Old 10-22-2012, 12:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by crimson_bird

this whole plasti-dip craze is seriously confusing the hell out of me. it offers nothing, but the ability to remove it if you want to. Are people that incisive/unable to commit to things? your average spray paints look better, more depth in the color, lays down smoother, have more options, and are more durable... /rant lol
X2 thank you!
Old 10-22-2012, 12:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Its perfect for wheels. This winter I'm coating my wheels with it to protect them. It works wonders for protection during the winter.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

I agree, use SEM. I've used it on the interior and they have a lot of options to make it look like a factory finish.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:19 PM
TECH Regular

PLASTIDIP RAWRRRRRRR WINNNN

Jk, plastidip wont last on anything you touch with your hands frequently as it will cause it to loose its adherence.

I agree with doing it correctly and painting it.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:31 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks guys, I hadn't heard of SEM before. To be honest the only reason I wanted to plasti-dip was because it gave me the color and finish I wanted and was the only thing outside of shaker paint I could think of. Appreciate the help!
Old 10-24-2012, 01:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

My exact same thoughts as well. I swear... F-body enthusiasts are slowly becoming the ricers in the muscle car world.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...nterior-2.html

Ive been slacking on painting my interior panels, seats & dash, I bought 4 cans of Duplicolor flat/stain black just like the first photo in post #26, Hopefully this weekend I can get to it, I hate the look of gray...

Quick Reply: Anyone ever plasti-dip interior?