Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Not really happy with NXT...Meguiars Ultimate?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 08:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Not really happy with NXT...Meguiars Ultimate?

I read a bunch of awesome reviews on here about nxt and how well it does with shine and application so I went and picked up a bottle for my pewter z. Before this I had always used Eagle 1 nano wax in liquid form which they stopped making . That always would last several car washes, weather and still bead up when I reapplied it. I apply the nxt the same way and wash the car at the same time intervals but it seems the nxt stops beading up about 3-4 weeks after I apply it...Hell even nufinish 1000 for 8 bucks a bottle beads up better on my sisters car after 1 month...

It doesnt have a bad shine when applied and goes on and off real easy I just want something that doesn't leave the paint 3-4 weeks after being applied. I was thinking of going with their ultimate wax seeing as how its a synthetic and supposed to last longer but idk... looking for you alls opinions my paint is 10 years old and I'm going to have the fender redone this winter but it still shines up real nice when its clean
Old 10-22-2012, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man you make me feel like I'm over protective of my car. My car gets a nice coat of wax every Sunday (father and son time with my boy whos only 6) and I try to run a clay bar over it at least once a month. I use Mothers liquid or their paste just depending on whatever the store has in stock. I've always been real happy with it but then again, my car just went from being my DD to a whenever the heck I feel like driving it car. That and I live in WA so what would normally last a few weeks elsewhere would only last a few days here because of all the rain and road grime that comes with it. Well, good luck with whatever you try next.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NXT looks good, but it has crap durability. Try Blackfire Wet Diamond (online) or Menzerna Powerlock.... both at 3-4 months durability. Meguiars Finishing Wax (D301) is excellent too with about 2-3 months durability. All depending on environmental, driving, and washing conditions obviously.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I think I have a few bottles of that Eagle 1 stuff from when it went on clearance. Not impressed. Only reason I didn't toss it was that it might come in handy in a pinch on a beater.

In fact I don't think I've ever used anything Eagle 1 that was good (they have the worst mag wheel polish I've ever used and that Never Dull crap is even worse I think).

The Mothers carnuba paste and the Meguires Ultimate are both great off the shelf stuff IMO.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

hate syn waxes.... I love a deep carnuba (sp) shine. Wax mine at least once a month though. I know the syn lasts longer than carnuba (sp), but the shine is where it is at.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 94Z28-MSTGKLR
Man you make me feel like I'm over protective of my car. My car gets a nice coat of wax every Sunday (father and son time with my boy whos only 6) and I try to run a clay bar over it at least once a month. I use Mothers liquid or their paste just depending on whatever the store has in stock. I've always been real happy with it but then again, my car just went from being my DD to a whenever the heck I feel like driving it car. That and I live in WA so what would normally last a few weeks elsewhere would only last a few days here because of all the rain and road grime that comes with it. Well, good luck with whatever you try next.
Believe me I dont like not waxing my car every week.... When I lived at home it got washed every weekend and waxed every other..However now that I'm up at college I simply dont have the time or place to do it that often it gets done around once a month now.

Originally Posted by GoFast908Z
NXT looks good, but it has crap durability. Try Blackfire Wet Diamond (online) or Menzerna Powerlock.... both at 3-4 months durability. Meguiars Finishing Wax (D301) is excellent too with about 2-3 months durability. All depending on environmental, driving, and washing conditions obviously.
The black fire I've seen in a paste and it was around 70 bucks however I see they make it in a liquid also which is much cheaper so I may give that a shot thanks!
Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
I think I have a few bottles of that Eagle 1 stuff from when it went on clearance. Not impressed. Only reason I didn't toss it was that it might come in handy in a pinch on a beater.

In fact I don't think I've ever used anything Eagle 1 that was good (they have the worst mag wheel polish I've ever used and that Never Dull crap is even worse I think).

The Mothers carnuba paste and the Meguires Ultimate are both great off the shelf stuff IMO.
I like eagle one it shined well and seemed to last a good amount of time in the fl elements. I'm leaning towards the meguiars ultimate but well see what this thread turns up.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 885 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by 94Z28-MSTGKLR
Why are you waxing it once a week. You can over wax your car which will actually reduce the shine.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845 is what you need, has a decent shine and longest/toughest durability iv'e ever seen (4-6 months). And the price for it is crazy good.

Read the reviews and see for yourself hope it helps.

http://www.autogeek.net/collinite-in...r-wax-845.html
Old 10-24-2012, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paste waxes aren't going to last very long. Either get a sealant and top it with a paste wax, or you're gonna have to keep waxing more often. Since your car is a dd, I'd get the collinite 845 like Colin suggested. Durable as hell.

Quick Reply: Not really happy with NXT...Meguiars Ultimate?