Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Vinyl Wrapping

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vinyl Wrapping

My cars paint looks like ****! It kills me I cant even look at it anymore. Im looking for alternatives that are cheaper than a new paintjob. I considered plasti-dipping the whole car as a temporary fix but I worry about its durability. So Ive started looking into vinyl wrapping. Has anyone done this? Any pics and how much does a full wrap usually cost?
Old 10-24-2012, 10:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

The last time I went and got a quote for a wrap it was about 2200$ and only guaranteed for a year. I would just paint it.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

A bit far for you but try http://www.exoticvehiclewraps.com/wraps.html

he is a sponsor on our local forum and does amazing work.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:41 AM
TECH Regular

https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...-2000-t-7.html

For a long time I was looking into doing it too. You CAN do it yourself. It's not easy though and would take a lot of time to make it look good and do it right. You could probably get all the material and tools for less than $500.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

You can paint your car yoruself too. Compressor and a gun and some paint.

There is a skill to doing this right and its a lot harder than it looks to make it look right

Old 10-24-2012, 11:01 AM
10 Second Club

The right wraps are incredible looking. I used to own a vinyl graphics and wrap shop. 1) It's not as easy as it looks and takes quite a bit of trial and error to learn the proper techniques which costs you dearly in the beginning. 2) There is no way you can purchase the proper equipment and enough quality material for under $500 unless things have changed drastically since I sold my shop and left the biz two years ago. 3) My recommendation would be to save some pennies and go for a quality paint job.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well right now my priorities are mixed up. Id rather go fast than look good. So I'm just looking for a temporary fix. If vinyl wraps are too expensive i may just plastidip the car for now lol.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by high impact
The right wraps are incredible looking. I used to own a vinyl graphics and wrap shop. 1) It's not as easy as it looks and takes quite a bit of trial and error to learn the proper techniques which costs you dearly in the beginning. 2) There is no way you can purchase the proper equipment and enough quality material for under $500 unless things have changed drastically since I sold my shop and left the biz two years ago. 3) My recommendation would be to save some pennies and go for a quality paint job.
My mistake, I miss remembered. You can get enough 3M 1080 to cover a big car for around $600 then whatever fancy tools you may choose to purchase after that.

Quick Reply: Vinyl Wrapping