Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Which pearl white, and which black?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which pearl white, and which black?

Sooner than later I will be repainting my Camaro. It got hit so its a good enough excuse for me. Right now its Cadillac pearl white, with metallic blue stripes, with ghost flames in the stripes. I want to paint it pearl white again. This time though, I want maybe a blue pearl in the white, rather than whatever Caddy used. I have a SS hood, so I plan on putting a black Manta stripe on it.
Now I love the pearl white that Lexus uses... I know that's gonna cost me though. Has anyone seen what the Summit brand white pearl looks like? I've heard good things. Also, I want to use a metallic black. Which I'm going to be using on the Berger panel as well. Any good blacks that anyone knows of? I'm trying to do this on a budget. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by FactoryFreak99; 12-19-2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Fix
Old 12-20-2012, 05:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FactoryFreak99
Now I love the pearl white that Lexus uses...
before I even read your post I was already planning to suggest Lexus' pearl white. love that color
Old 12-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

It is the best pearl white I've seen... I have a feeling though that its just going to be too expensive to get that color.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:22 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im not a fan of any pearl white,thats just imo but its a old man deville color lol,now i like the new gm white,forget what its called but its a really nice bright white,any pearl will be expensive
Old 12-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Captain Double Post

Also i think ya need to limit your color combo down to 2 colors,blue,pearl,ghost flames etc ya dont wanna have to much going on,thats again imo,less is more,i always thought flames looked good with a solid color car,but becareful i have seen some real bad flame jobs on here,if ya want something wild why not bright white with a flip flop flame job,maybe one that changes from blue,purple,to green or something like that,just throwing some ideas out there
Old 12-28-2012, 12:37 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Also i think ya need to limit your color combo down to 2 colors,blue,pearl,ghost flames etc ya dont wanna have to much going on,thats again imo,less is more,i always thought flames looked good with a solid color car,but becareful i have seen some real bad flame jobs on here,if ya want something wild why not bright white with a flip flop flame job,maybe one that changes from blue,purple,to green or something like that,just throwing some ideas out there
I think you need to read the post again. If you don't like pearl whites, then I don't wanna hear your opinion haha. I ALREADY have it painted Cadillac pearl white, with metallic blue stripes, that have ghost flames in the blue. It got hit, so Im repainting the whole car. Im probably gonna use Summit's Moonshine Pearl White with a Pearl Black Manta Stripe and Berger panel...
Old 12-28-2012, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think the Lexus PW would be sweet too.

If I were painting a whole car over...it would be the Diamond metallic black on the new CTS-V. That is a dead sexy color!!
Old 12-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

I do like that color. Looks like the Black Granite that Chevrolet uses now. That's a little too sparkly for me. I want the black pearl Im doing to be subtle, only on the Manta Stripe. I'm not doing the jams or anything either, since they are already pearl white. Plus I'm doing my own body work (first time) so black is scary lol.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hear that!!

Yeah the Black Diamond is so damn sparkly its almost like a friggin Bass Boat but sure looks teh secks on the CTS-V
Old 12-31-2012, 01:46 AM
Staging Lane

Haha does look like a fishing boat. Im super stoked to get that paint on though.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:23 PM
TECH Resident

regardless white soaks up pearl more than ANY other color so youll have to use alot. lexus pearl white i think is the best option unless you want to spray a white base and then the pearl over it.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TyCZ28
regardless white soaks up pearl more than ANY other color so youll have to use alot. lexus pearl white i think is the best option unless you want to spray a white base and then the pearl over it.
Im going to have to use more pearl? Im not mixing it myself. Doesn't it come premixed from Summit? My car is already pearl white so do I really need to spray a white base coat? Maybe over the stripes, that should be it though right? Im not a painter so I really dont know.

Quick Reply: Which pearl white, and which black?