Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

tint strip on winshield, sunvisor delete

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 11:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default tint strip on winshield, sunvisor delete

let me see some pics of your windshield tint strips, from inside and outside if possible, trying to decide how low to go, and if you have deleted sunvisors let me see those as well, as il be doing both soon.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll never understand the sun visor delete thing, or the strip... I have 35% on the whole windshield, which does help with the sun, but no tint is going to really cut down the sun the way that the visors do. I've been in a car with the 5% strip, it doesn't help at sunset/sunrise, and honestly, I don't think they look good. It looks odd to have a portion of the window so much darker than the rest... As for the visors, that just seems like an unnecessary (and potentially unsafe during sunset/sunrise) thing to do, and it really offers nothing appearance-wise... IMO of course
Old 01-16-2013, 12:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would keep the visors and tint to the tint line... there is an actual mark on factory windshields which I believe is 6 inches or 8 inches from the top, that is the legal about at which they can be tinted atleast that was the law in IL when I did my last car years ago. I feel the tinted windsheild has a good look. As it actually gives the look of a lower roof line or lowered look as long as u dont go and do a window banner like the ricers VTEC style. To each it to own but I think its a nice addition and a clean look.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:32 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I removed them from all of my fbodies. Even with the tint line in there you better have some sunglasses ready. You're going to have times when you're driving into the sun or it is coming through your driver side window that will cause issues.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:59 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
I'll never understand the sun visor delete thing, or the strip... I have 35% on the whole windshield, which does help with the sun, but no tint is going to really cut down the sun the way that the visors do. I've been in a car with the 5% strip, it doesn't help at sunset/sunrise, and honestly, I don't think they look good. It looks odd to have a portion of the window so much darker than the rest... As for the visors, that just seems like an unnecessary (and potentially unsafe during sunset/sunrise) thing to do, and it really offers nothing appearance-wise... IMO of course
usualy my fisrt thought would be not to remove the visors either, but they are horrible, literaly falling apart, and i dont wanna spend a couple hundred on new or repaired ones, if my car looked like yours, i would, but mine is no show car, just a weekend toy/track toy. and i really like the 35% on your winshield, i may now go that route, i like it alot. thanks for reply.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by JDEP162
usualy my fisrt thought would be not to remove the visors either, but they are horrible, literaly falling apart, and i dont wanna spend a couple hundred on new or repaired ones, if my car looked like yours, i would, but mine is no show car, just a weekend toy/track toy. and i really like the 35% on your windshield, i may now go that route, i like it alot. thanks for reply.
they say a picture is worth a thousand words... well a picture can also tell a lot of lies lol. I'll say my car cleans up okay, but it is a daily driver with a laundry list of flaws, and I treat it like a work horse. it has a 6 or 8 foot ladder shoved inside and two 10 foot poles hanging out the window anytime I'm going out to shoot a car lol.

not sure if you have any junk/salvage yards like pick-n-pull or anything around you, but that'd definitely be something to look into, and even ebay, or craigslist (look for people parting out their cars). Those will be the cheapest options. I'd like to get a new drivers side visor too. mine works, but the material looks pretty bad. I came across a grey one on a camaro at the junk yard, but unfortunately I didn't realize the grey was a lighter shade
Old 01-16-2013, 03:59 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
they say a picture is worth a thousand words... well a picture can also tell a lot of lies lol. I'll say my car cleans up okay, but it is a daily driver with a laundry list of flaws, and I treat it like a work horse. it has a 6 or 8 foot ladder shoved inside and two 10 foot poles hanging out the window anytime I'm going out to shoot a car lol.

not sure if you have any junk/salvage yards like pick-n-pull or anything around you, but that'd definitely be something to look into, and even ebay, or craigslist (look for people parting out their cars). Those will be the cheapest options. I'd like to get a new drivers side visor too. mine works, but the material looks pretty bad. I came across a grey one on a camaro at the junk yard, but unfortunately I didn't realize the grey was a lighter shade
haha well thats true i guess, looking at the pic in ur sig its a show car looker to me. did u get your windshirld done at a shop or do yourself? i know here in ohio had to sign waiver for sides to be 20%, not sure if they be willing to do a windshield, have to ask i guess...
Old 01-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Staging Lane

Get rid of the visors and have some pimp sunglasses on hand at all times
Old 01-16-2013, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

Here in Ohio you can legally tint the front windshield down 5 inches. With that said, my TA is tinted 12 inches and I gaven't gotten hasseled yet, but it's only a summer driver. I think I paid $25 for the front strip at my local Protrim.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Being 6' 5".... I had to delete those visors. They do not hug tight to the roof of the car (t Top anyways) and to me they were in my line of sight. Love not having them there.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:49 PM
TECH Regular

I would tell them to make it even with the bottom of the rear view mirror unless you really don't want it low at all. I said 3 inches past the legal mark on both my cars and got very different results, haha. I like them even with the mirror so it hides it.

Both cars have 15% sides 5% sun strip. The pewter one has the TTop shades in and 2.5% rear, so it is dark inside .

White:

Pewter:

Old 01-16-2013, 03:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nathan C
Here in Ohio you can legally tint the front windshield down 5 inches. With that said, my TA is tinted 12 inches and I gaven't gotten hasseled yet, but it's only a summer driver. I think I paid $25 for the front strip at my local Protrim.
well as far as the laws go, all my other tint is illegal too. not worried about it, being a deputy sheriff(also here in ohio) and friends with all the local cops help out on that lol. havent been pulled over in 8 years. im not a hipocrit tho, i dont stop cars for tint either, even if im pinching for speed etc, i let tint slide. im liking the whole 35% on the whole front like krimson i think.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 94 White T/A
I would tell them to make it even with the bottom of the rear view mirror unless you really don't want it low at all. I said 3 inches past the legal mark on both my cars and got very different results, haha. I like them even with the mirror so it hides it.

Both cars have 15% sides 5% sun strip. The pewter one has the TTop shades in and 2.5% rear, so it is dark inside .

White:
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/r...-30-45_207.jpg
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/r...-29-42_989.jpg
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/r...9-55_167-1.jpg

Pewter:
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/r...-31-44_895.jpg
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/r...-32-56_377.jpg
thanks for the pics and replies, i like the white one. debating that same type, or 35% the whole windshield like krimson. ...
nice looking rides man!

Originally Posted by Blownbayou
Being 6' 5".... I had to delete those visors. They do not hug tight to the roof of the car (t Top anyways) and to me they were in my line of sight. Love not having them there.
thanks for the supportive reply. im def gone remove em, i feel your pain on line of sight, plus mine are in horrible shape, and decent replacements are outragous in price for what they are.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

i also have my visors deleted and winshield strip done, i prefer that look then using the visors

i did the visor mod to cover the area
Old 01-16-2013, 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JDEP162
thanks for the pics and replies, i like the white one. debating that same type, or 35% the whole windshield like krimson. ...
nice looking rides man!
Thanks, and for reference I actually measured them. The white one is about 2 3/4" from the mark and the pewter is about 1 3/4." The white one one is just about even with the bottom of the rear view
Old 01-22-2013, 08:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

just get the whole windshield tinted and keep some sunglasses in the car like I do.

The sunvisor delete was a great mod imo , it really cleaned up the interior ( never thought it would make such a difference ) and I just dont ever want to put them back in..
Old 01-22-2013, 11:25 AM
TECH Resident

First thing I did after purchasing my TA was remove the tint strip that they had installed...looks terrible IMO.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

I love the stock tint strip on my front winshield. Also love the fact that it helps hide the toll tag sticker I have up there!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I hate those tinted windshield strips, they look so tacky.

I have 35% all around, worth every penny and makes it great to drive with the sun out. Visibilty at night is obviously hindered a bit but nothing terrible.

If you look at the inspection sticker you get an idea of how dark it is.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:35 PM
TECH Veteran

^winning

Quick Reply: tint strip on winshield, sunvisor delete