Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Who all has the WS6 Short Stick?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mean_greenZ
If you have the stock hurst shifter you will have rpo code BBS. Also you would have the leather H **** not the round leather ball.
Would this be on the drivers side door?
Old 02-27-2013, 06:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've had a WS6store stick for 6 years now. Love it on my stock Hurst shifter. No rattles whatsoever. As stated though, if you don't have the factory Hurst (RPO BBS), the stick will hit the console. This is what has been stated in every thread of people who put it on a non-Hurst shifter.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:22 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the factory hurst stick and ****, and the longer WS6store stick and it hums slightly but is nothing I ever pay attention to. i also have gone through the entire transmission with some upgraded Tick stuff and it feels fantastic, not sure how everyone else can gripe about it. i LOVE the feeling of being directly connected to the transmission.
The reason they hum is because there is no longer a bushing or spacer between the shifter itself and the stick to absorb the vibrations. it would be even worse if you used a bronze bushing inside the tailhousing for the shifter rather than the factory plastic one as well.

i recently installed a B&M ripper shifter into someones 99 t/a and it feels almost identical besides the ball **** but again no hum, because they come with rubber spacer. as cheap as they are you cant really go wrong, but if you dont have a factory hurst shifter or aftermarket, you are truly missing out. the non hurst one feels like garbage.

and yes the RPO list is inside the driver door.
hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Who all has the WS6 Short Stick?