Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

93 Steering wheel question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink 93 Steering wheel question.

I have an 01 Z28 and I'd like to replace the steering wheel. I don't need the stereo controls anymore and they make the wheel look bulky in my opinion. I really like the 93 steering wheel, the one that has only two spokes rather than the four.

Does anyone know if the steering wheel would fit nicely without much modification? Also, would my airbag fit or would i need a 93 airbag. And if that's the case, would a 93 airbag connect and function?

Or would it be easier to get an aftermarket steering wheel that has an airbag?
Old 04-18-2013, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok heres the story with swapping wheels. Forgive me if the info is a little off since its been about a year since I have swapped them. I have a 2000 and I wanted a 93-99 wheel cause I liked the feel of it a little better.

Any 1993-1998 wheels and airbags are interchangable. The airbag connection is the same from 1993 to 1998...1999 they kept the same airbag from 93-98 but changed the airbag connection (I dont know why) to the 2000+ connection. If youre looking to swap to an older wheel you could get the airbag connector for a 98 and below off a certain online parts retailer and splice it in, or just find a 99 airbag.

Quick Reply: 93 Steering wheel question.