Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Got windows tinted on the "Camero" today!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so i found out what tint he uses. Its called solar gard. I was gonna do 20% in the sides and back, but he convinced me to do 5% in the back. He also said he was gonna sand down the dot matrix part in the rear. Hopefully i dont struggle much with the limo tint in the back.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:12 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I need to re-do mine..Nice Camero,OP.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zlow28
so i found out what tint he uses. Its called solar gard. I was gonna do 20% in the sides and back, but he convinced me to do 5% in the back. He also said he was gonna sand down the dot matrix part in the rear. Hopefully i dont struggle much with the limo tint in the back.
I have heard mixed reviews on Solar Gard but it seems to be a decent tint, the one thing that people seem to complain about is that it doesn't have the smoothness to it that LLumar or other better tints have, some people say it almost has an orange peel surface too it. 5% will be dark at night but if you don't do a lot of backing up I'm sure you won't be bothered by it.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Toronto LT1
I need to re-do mine..Nice Camero,OP.
Thanks, same to you! my dot-matrix isn't looking too good either, I'm sure I'll be going back in a few days.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1999CamaroSS
I have heard mixed reviews on Solar Gard but it seems to be a decent tint, the one thing that people seem to complain about is that it doesn't have the smoothness to it that LLumar or other better tints have, some people say it almost has an orange peel surface too it. 5% will be dark at night but if you don't do a lot of backing up I'm sure you won't be bothered by it.
He did an ok job i guess. He told me he would sand off the dot matrix, but he left a lot of it still there. He also said some of it would dissapear after some time, but not all. However, he only used one strip for the rear hatch, when everyone else told me they would need two. Hell, when i bought the car, it had 6 stripes running across.
Anyway, they dont use llumar, but it has a lifetime warranty on the hatch.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zlow28
He did an ok job i guess. He told me he would sand off the dot matrix, but he left a lot of it still there. He also said some of it would dissapear after some time, but not all. However, he only used one strip for the rear hatch, when everyone else told me they would need two. Hell, when i bought the car, it had 6 stripes running across.
Anyway, they dont use llumar, but it has a lifetime warranty on the hatch.
Yea I have heard of some people using two strips for the hatch, my guy also used one which was nice. Tint will only start to look better over time, it takes anywhere from a week and up (depending on quality of tint and weather conditions) for all of the moisture to escape and for the tint to clear up nicely against your windows. Don't roll down your windows for at least 3 or 4 days!

Quick Reply: Got windows tinted on the "Camero" today!