Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Depo headlights super low

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 04:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Depo headlights super low

Hello all, straight to the point I recently got some depo headlights installed. Turned the headlights on at night and I can only see 5 ft in front of me. I have to use my high beams in order to see.

I also bought some Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA TWIN Halogen to go with em. I tried to do as much searching as possible and all I can come up with is readjusting the headlights. Is there anything I need to make them work correctly. I also see some sort of cover material in the lowbeam port that covers the headlight could that be whats taking away the visibility. sorry if this is a repost but I swear I cannot find what Im looking for. The lights look like they are aimed the same way as the stocks were.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you adjust them?
Old 04-20-2013, 12:12 AM

I sure didn't but I will attempt to asap. I have to try to get use to a few things being that im from the mopar fam and forum, and this being my first chevy. But thanks for the input
Old 04-20-2013, 08:02 AM
TECH Resident

if you just replaced the headlights because of haziness and the stock lights had good brackets maybe you should put the stock headlights brackets on the depos to get it closer the the way it was before.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by buellxb12s
if you just replaced the headlights because of haziness and the stock lights had good brackets maybe you should put the stock headlights brackets on the depos to get it closer the the way it was before.
Thanks I will look into that as well and I guess its a good reason why the depos have the light cover in the lowbeam socket so I wont even bother with that
Old 04-21-2013, 03:11 AM

Found another alternative: 3/4 inch poly spacers I will let it be known if it works or not and I thank those with the help they provided. Peace
Old 04-21-2013, 03:52 AM
TECH Addict

OK

A) if you're talking about the area circled in red in the attached picture, that is fairly normal for low beams to have that "cap", hell some low beam bulb (and fog lights) have painted tips on them that do what that does.

B)Before bothering with spacers or swapping stuff, there is some kind of adjustment screw or bolt head and in my experience (with my old honda) it can take quite a bit of turning to get it to start raising the beam pattern (sometimes they fall "off track") so make sure that isn't your problem.

C) make sure you installed them correctly (not familiar with camaro mounting points), on my honda I had 2 bolts on the bottom and 2 on the top make sure you have the bottom pulled forward when tightening and the top pushed back while tightening as this can significantly affect the angle of the lights.
Attached Thumbnails Depo headlights super low-head.jpg  
Old 04-21-2013, 04:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

adjust them bitches
Old 04-21-2013, 08:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use the star shaped screw heads that you can see when your standing over top of the head lights and adjust them left to right, up and down.

Also, if you old headlight brackets are good on the old headlights, use them as they should be pretty close to where you want them, you may have to adjust them but it shouldn't be that much.

I had a set of projectors in mine and couldn't get them adjusted enough so finally, I came up and swapped out brackets and that fixed that. Now, the headlights are in my wifes car.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:42 PM

Thanks yall I finally got em took me a little while had to count the grids on the screws to make sure they were even. Wouldnt be a bad idea for someone to actually measure the screw lengths when they adjust their lights in the perfect position just to give us an Idea because it takes sometime well if you dont have the right tools because all of that twistin is a biotch

and I will mos def try that bracket swap out. Going to save up for some better lighting mods

Quick Reply: Depo headlights super low