Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

MECHAM Titan Bird and 6LE Splitter!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car man! Ive been wanting this hood for awhile now! Just too scared to buy it from all the bad things about prepping and fitment issues. Think I might just pull the trigger!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Spahny72
Nice car man! Ive been wanting this hood for awhile now! Just too scared to buy it from all the bad things about prepping and fitment issues. Think I might just pull the trigger!
Thanks, I have not had that many problems out of mine. It was the very first thing that I did to my car, and it's been at least 8 years now. I have heard that MECHAM improved the quality of their hood also. So the problems may be a thing of the past.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99WS6MAN
Car is awesome! I have a Mechem wing I've had for like 5 years .... trying to get it painted now but kind of tight on money. If you can more "***" shots please! that car looks tough from the rear!!!
As promised lol couldn't resist that.

seriously though,

MECHAM Titan Bird and 6LE Splitter!-img_0082.jpg

MECHAM Titan Bird and 6LE Splitter!-img_0078.jpg

MECHAM Titan Bird and 6LE Splitter!-img_0077.jpg

How is yours coming along?
Old 07-24-2013, 03:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks sharp. I am always love to see Mecham stuff. Your's kinda reminds me of the hotwheels iroc trans am

Not the greatest pics but they have the bird bath looking wing out back. They have some others with closer paint schemes.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

How much did the bird cost mecham would never get back to me.
Also on my mecham hood it does not have the front screens in the ram air spots in the front of the hood and all the pics i have seen have them . Do you anything about that?
Old 10-22-2013, 06:56 PM
TECH Veteran

LOVE your car! Very nice! Dumb question, but when sitting at a light or just stopped, can you see the "heat" being extracted from the vents? I think that would be freakin' awesome!
Old 11-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mechamta98
How much did the bird cost mecham would never get back to me.
Also on my mecham hood it does not have the front screens in the ram air spots in the front of the hood and all the pics i have seen have them . Do you anything about that?
I think it was around $160.00 give or take. I can't remember exactly. MECHAM stuff is pricey, and be prepared to wait. For some reason it took like a month to get mine. The hood should have the honeycomb style screens in it. I don't know why yours would not. You may be able to order some screen from him, and glass or glue them in yourself. I found the best way to get in touch with Dennis is persistence. Lol
Old 11-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
LOVE your car! Very nice! Dumb question, but when sitting at a light or just stopped, can you see the "heat" being extracted from the vents? I think that would be freakin' awesome!
Yes you can see the heat comming from the extractors, and it is freakin awesome. Lol
Old 11-30-2013, 09:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Awesome Car! You just cant beat a bright red Trans Am on a nice set of black wheels(as I am the owner of one lol). Love the hood bird and the Mecham wing. Was always weary of them but now I am a firm believer. 2 questions: What are you lowered with? And what size tires are you running? Once again, awesome car*
Old 12-24-2013, 10:01 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by witelife
Awesome Car! You just cant beat a bright red Trans Am on a nice set of black wheels(as I am the owner of one lol). Love the hood bird and the Mecham wing. Was always weary of them but now I am a firm believer. 2 questions: What are you lowered with? And what size tires are you running? Once again, awesome car*
Thanks, I'm lowered on BMR 1.25" springs. I need wider tires, but I got a deal on these. They are 245/35/18 and 285/30/19.

Quick Reply: MECHAM Titan Bird and 6LE Splitter!