Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mad Racing Seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 03:01 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^Post pics because my MRC seats lasted like 4 years before I recovered due to normal wear and the seats we carry I know of 4 local guys with them in their cars from when we started 4 years ago with no issues...
Old 08-26-2014, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00H7P...110_SY165_QL70

Just want your guys honest opinion...what is the difference between these and the yonaka seats?....this is all the money i can spend after buying my monster stage 3....am i going to be disappointed for this price?...just need an upgrade from the worn out stockers....wish i could afford real 6le but i cant
Old 08-26-2014, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

I just purchased these seats from an ebay vendor for slightly cheaper. 20 bucks or so.
I'll let you know once they're in but from all the research it appears these are most likely left over MRC "base" seats. They are the same as 6LE seats except that these have a quick release and the 6LE seats do not to my understanding.

6LE will tell you that having a quick release in a race car is a no no...and many others will also. But our cars come stock with quick release (ablity to fold the seat down) so in all reality your retaining a stock setting, the debate on safety is for another discussion and if your doing a lot of racing is something you need to decide for yourself.

I had planned to buy the 6LE seats but despite saying "everything" on their 15% off sale they won't honor that code for the seats they got in. So I started looking around and found these and did some digging and research. Seems a couple vendors still have the "base" MRC seats left over and are selling them in the 320 to 380 dollar range shipped. Being nearly half off 6LE seats and the primary difference being the quick release (which is there to make getting to the back seats easier), I couldn't justify spending double to have no quick release and not much else.

Again, once the seats come in I'll be able to judge better.
I'll make a post about them at that time.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:37 AM

Thank you werewolf ss! ^
Old 08-28-2014, 03:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SLP-WFO
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00H7P...110_SY165_QL70

Just want your guys honest opinion...what is the difference between these and the yonaka seats?....this is all the money i can spend after buying my monster stage 3....am i going to be disappointed for this price?...just need an upgrade from the worn out stockers....wish i could afford real 6le but i cant
Just depends on who the actual manufacturer is. From what I've been told, there's one or two Chinese companies that make ALL the frames (MRC, Yonaka, all the ebay stuff, etc... they just knocked off a Recaro frame) and then DIFFERENT companies buy them an upholster them.

Of all the cheap seats I've bought over the years for my different cars I never had frame issues, it was always just material quality. Some were great (MRC and Yonaka) so were just ok, others were miserable (Summit and some ebay ones, just felt like a kids fake leather "rubber" base ball glove... clothes stuck to it etc...).

Just have to find a place someone else on here has bought from and said the quality was ok on...
Old 08-28-2014, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

One thought is you could get the cheap ebay one (just to get a frame) and then get it upholstered the way you want. Use it as a base.

I'm tempted to do that at some point.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Werewolf SS
I just purchased these seats from an ebay vendor for slightly cheaper. 20 bucks or so.
I'll let you know once they're in but from all the research it appears these are most likely left over MRC "base" seats. They are the same as 6LE seats except that these have a quick release and the 6LE seats do not to my understanding.

6LE will tell you that having a quick release in a race car is a no no...and many others will also. But our cars come stock with quick release (ablity to fold the seat down) so in all reality your retaining a stock setting, the debate on safety is for another discussion and if your doing a lot of racing is something you need to decide for yourself.

I had planned to buy the 6LE seats but despite saying "everything" on their 15% off sale they won't honor that code for the seats they got in. So I started looking around and found these and did some digging and research. Seems a couple vendors still have the "base" MRC seats left over and are selling them in the 320 to 380 dollar range shipped. Being nearly half off 6LE seats and the primary difference being the quick release (which is there to make getting to the back seats easier), I couldn't justify spending double to have no quick release and not much else.

Again, once the seats come in I'll be able to judge better.
I'll make a post about them at that time.
Ours do have quick release now. Manufacturer stopped doing the ***** due to more people buying them for DD instead of racing. We just never could keep a seat long enough to take new pics...

Also code says clearly everything off 6LE and McNord brand items, AKA stuff we personally make or private label since our profit margin allows it. We don't even make 15% off these seats to offer that.

If you got some MRC seats that's awesome because they use a "real" leather (all companies just put leather where you sit, vinyl everywhere else and are legally allowed to call it all leather, EVEN factory, factory seats just have leather on front then pleather everywhere else and THEN they spray the whole seat in a urethane so the color matches so with factory seats you never even touch leather )
Old 08-28-2014, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

Also code says clearly everything off 6LE and McNord brand items,
You may want to change the naming of your seats on your website than. It labels your seats as "6LE" which leads anyone visiting the site to incur these are your seats you are selling under the 6LE name. Even the description wording makes it sound like these are your seats and that your not just reselling from another vendor as so:

So, since I started 6LITEREATER DESIGNS I've tried to offer cool products at good prices. The main products being things I already have and like on my car AND GET PM'S FROM YOU GUYS ABOUT ON A DAILY BASIS.

Now, I'm going to FINALLY OFFER something else I always get PM's about, my seats:
Since your saying the Sale code is only for items that have the 6LE and McNord names on them, its natural to come to the conclusion this includes "6LE" seats as well.
You may want to either re-word how the code is to be used in all areas' its been placed in, or reword the description and labels in your seat ad.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Werewolf SS
You may want to change the naming of your seats on your website than. It labels your seats as "6LE" which leads anyone visiting the site to incur these are your seats you are selling under the 6LE name. Even the description wording makes it sound like these are your seats and that your not just reselling from another vendor as so:

Since your saying the Sale code is only for items that have the 6LE and McNord names on them, its natural to come to the conclusion this includes "6LE" seats as well.
You may want to either re-word how the code is to be used in all areas' its been placed in, or reword the description and labels in your seat ad.
Good points lol! Sorry for the confusion... We called them 6LE originally just because they were Yonaka seats we were modifying the bottom of the frames to fit our cars better. Unfortunately our cost was still vendor costs so they weren't part of the sale...

Quick Reply: Mad Racing Seats