Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Car got hit.. Again

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Car got hit.. Again

Ran into a store real quick after parking about 3 spaces away from everyone, looking around when a older man comes in the store and walks up to me and asks if the white camaro was mine, then begins to tell me how he just backed into it. Walk out to look and sure enough it was hit. I guess he was inching out because it didn't crack nothing thank god but put some pretty good marks on the bumper and Berger panel. Car was dirty so it was hard to tell exactly but the spoiler right above the third brake light has a deep scratch and a deep chip about the size of a dime. After I looked it over and seen there wasn't nothing major I let the guy off the hook.. He kept offering to call thr cops and stuff but I honestly just wanted to avoid the hassle. I Clayed everything on the bumper and its good now, just the spoiler is noticeable.

What should I do to touch up the chip and scratch? It's Down to the primer, any tricks to make it blend as much as possible?
Old 06-16-2013, 06:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately when you have an actual chip you are pretty much screwed but since your car is white and not any sort of metallic color, you can get some white touch up paint and do the best you can. It may not been too noticeable.

With the scratch if it's past the clear coat you're not going to be able to pull any paint over to cover it up. It will need touch up paint as well. Just remember to use as little touch up as you can.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might be able to get away with some touch up but the best way is to sand it down, fill the chip and repaint it. Maybe someone else will chime in but that sucks to have that happen. Best of luck
Old 06-17-2013, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 173 Likes on 155 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

At least the guy was honest and just didn't drive off.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Nathan C
At least the guy was honest and just didn't drive off.
This is true. Last summer i had some ******* back into my car at the gym and tried running until i yelled to him.

Quick Reply: Car got hit.. Again