Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Z28 badge,

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 08:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
^Gotta agree

And having the "Camaro" shaved without shaving the key hole makes it stand out in a way that a key hole never should...
This.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm sure he knows that.. it's not like it carries a different meaning, just a different emblem design.. Z28 = Z/28
Really?? James you must be joking right? If you don't know the history behind the Z/28 emblem and what it represented I suggest you read up on it
Old 06-30-2013, 08:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

take me to school bud, cause I don't know what you could be hinting at as to what would make what I said wrong.

"The origin of the Z/28 nameplate came from the RPO codes - RPO Z28 was the code for the Special Performance Package. RPO Z27 was for the Super Sport package"

so in essence, the badge came from the RPO that designated the special performance package which "originally" was designed to be a "virtually race-ready Camaro designed to compete in the SCCA Trans-Am series"... thanks wiki lol

1972.. "This year the badging changed from "Z/28" to "Z28"

I must be lost though, let me know what it is that was represented by the badge that has to do with there being an issue here with using z28 and z/28 interchangeably
Old 06-30-2013, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't see the need to get upset over putting a retro badge on my car. I mean, it's MY car. Odds are you'll never see it in person anyway.

I'm fully aware of the original meaning of "Z/28" no need for a lecture
Old 06-30-2013, 10:40 PM
TECH Veteran

take me to school bud, cause I don't know what you could be hinting at as to what would make what I said wrong.

"The origin of the Z/28 nameplate came from the RPO codes - RPO Z28 was the code for the Special Performance Package. RPO Z27 was for the Super Sport package"

so in essence, the badge came from the RPO that designated the special performance package which "originally" was designed to be a "virtually race-ready Camaro designed to compete in the SCCA Trans-Am series"... thanks wiki lol

1972.. "This year the badging changed from "Z/28" to "Z28"

I must be lost though, let me know what it is that was represented by the badge that has to do with there being an issue here with using z28 and z/28 interchangeably
Tell the die hard original first gen Z/28 owners a 4th gen Z28 shares the same hertitage
Originally Posted by stevesfbody
I don't see the need to get upset over putting a retro badge on my car. I mean, it's MY car. Odds are you'll never see it in person anyway.

I'm fully aware of the original meaning of "Z/28" no need for a lecture
I'm sure I won't see your car in person also, but when it's posted up here you need to be ready for positive feedback and negative feedback. Plus I was counting on you being aware of significance of the original Z/28
Old 07-01-2013, 01:32 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wait? So we're mad it has a backslash? What the **** is this bitchy nitpicking? Is this the ****** View all of the sudden?!
Old 07-01-2013, 02:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by King Nothing
Tell the die hard original first gen Z/28 owners a 4th gen Z28 shares the same hertitage
not his fault that over the years the "Z/28" / "Z28" / "special performance package" has meant different things for each of the model years since it became an option. Yes, it had a much greater significance at the time of it's original creation... things changed, and the only one to blame for that is Chevy. they allowed that special performance packaged to be watered down.

but I still don't see the fuss of changing the badges, that's just petty nonsense. be mad at chevy for ever calling it a Z28...

be happy they finally got back on track with the 5th gen...
Old 07-01-2013, 02:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

not his fault that over the years the "Z/28" / "Z28" / "special performance package" has meant different things for each of the model years since it became an option. Yes, it had a much greater significance at the time of it's original creation... things changed, and the only one to blame for that is Chevy. they allowed that special performance packaged to be watered down.

but I still don't see the fuss of changing the badges, that's just petty nonsense. be mad at chevy for ever calling it a Z28...

be happy they finally got back on track with the 5th gen...
LMAO. Leave it to John to be overly **** about these things.

James I want the new 5th gen Z/28 badges for my car. Knowing it will bother people will make it even better.

Your responses are spot on in my eyes.

Yes the original Z/28 was made to comply with the SCCA requirements. Then GM/Chevrolet let the nameplate get watered down and decided to drop the "/"

Then they made the SS a top of the line camaro and the Z28 was second fiddle. At the end of the day life is too short to worry if my Z28 came with a "/" on the badge or not, in my eyes they are all Z's
Old 07-01-2013, 03:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Well the Z/28 was a track king car and most of you guys make your Z28 into a 1/4 prince, not the same thing
Old 07-01-2013, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Camaro....cause only a z/28 can be a z/28
Old 07-01-2013, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well the Z/28 was a track king car and most of you guys make your Z28 into a 1/4 prince, not the same thing
It's a 4th gen, nobody cares.

I'm just shocked at how defensive you are. Yeah I know people wont like the badge, especially where I put it mainly because its different. There's no sense in being upset because I wanted to use a retro badge.

I assume you don't like Z/28 clones either. I get where you're coming from but I don't think a die-hard 1st gen enthusiast would even glance at my car either. I'm not a purist.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Which is funny because I bet even with drag suspension a 4th gen will still handle better than a first gen original z28.

Get off your high horse.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by stevesfbody
It's a 4th gen, nobody cares.

I'm just shocked at how defensive you are. Yeah I know people wont like the badge, especially where I put it mainly because its different. There's no sense in being upset because I wanted to use a retro badge.

I assume you don't like Z/28 clones either. I get where you're coming from but I don't think a die-hard 1st gen enthusiast would even glance at my car either. I'm not a purist.
That's my point, I don't agree with clones at all no matter what gen 1st-5th gen. Personal opinion

Quick Reply: New Z28 badge,