Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

eBay hid kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 06:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
It is the experienced/knowledgeable VS.... You guys.

There is a reason we "worship" them as you put it.

You are showing your ignorance. I could go on and on and on as to why you shouldn't or should do either...

Best example.. Would you put an MS4 cam in a car with a stock exhaust/intake/head setup? Then why put HIDs in a halogen setup?

I have:
Projectors 80$ shipped
projector adapter plates (could easily make yourself) 50$
HID kit 40#

That is all you need... So now what is you guys' excuse for doing something the completely wrong/ricer way?

FWIW... I went HID in a halogen conversion housing first.. Then took them out and bought stuff to do it the correct way.
Then why don't you package it as a kit like BLS and sell it for cheaper than the LMC kit imo..... If its that easy you should be making a nice profit margin in a short amount of time, as the demand is there..
Old 06-26-2013, 10:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by homerunhtr21
Here is my **** part setup on my car that I'm obviously doing wrong. LMC kit with a VVME 35w 6000k kit.
http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/...ps16ae1569.jpg
http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/...ps83e9c838.jpg

Good ballast over a low quality xentec ballast
http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/...ps00977e61.jpg
Yup, that looks like ****.

I understand saving money etc etc but you are just hurting the car culture by pissing other drivers off with your "annoying blue lights." I can't count how many times I've had to explain a proper HID retrofit and how some guys continue to do it incorrectly hurting the reputation of the car community. I get that you aimed them down and its not that bad and you've only been flashed like once but you are simply trying to justify your shotty work. Like I said before, I let my work speak for itself.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe I came off a little rude, but the original poster asked about the ebay hid kit which I provided. A lot of people run them and I understand there are always gonna be two sides to it. I did it this way not to try and blind people and not to just be cheap and do "shotty" work but just because i drive my car 95% in the daytime and this was a quick fix for an occasional problem. OP look here if you decide to do a retrofit as there are many people who have done it. https://ls1tech.com/forums/7014488-post5.html
Old 06-26-2013, 12:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

O BTW.... I've had 3 sets of EBAY HIDs... Me and a buddy just bought 4 HID kits altogether.

We ordered from DDM for good reason.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:15 PM
TECH Addict

I just bolted the headlights on after i retrofit morimoto H1 with ebay HIDs and OH MY GOD!!!!!!! i will never go back to those halogens again!!! (am sure morimoto hids are way superior, i just dont have the money to waste right now. but i WILL buy those soon!!)

PLEASE dont put HIDs on halogen reflectives it absolutely has nothing on proper hids that matches your projectors. and if you must then buy the ones that are made for reflectives. the light pattern with those reflective is simply retarded and blinding. check out my thread so you get what am talking about lol.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^^ very clean ....and damn your a long way from the states lol
Old 06-26-2013, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by homerunhtr21
^^^^ very clean ....and damn your a long way from the states lol
thanks yep am across the planet, imagine waiting 10 days for each shipment..

Quick Reply: eBay hid kit