41.94%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Plastidipped red lip

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Just got my Whistlered Headlights

and got rid of those crappy *** projectors that barely shine down the road. just wanted to share the new housings with both wheel pics. And I havent done the other side yet so i just take a pic of both sides and flip the image to match the other. I am going to Orlando tomorrow so Ill get to see the two different looks depending on which direction I am coming from and Ill decide if I wanna rip the red off when I get back or finish the other side and roll with that until it starts to peel just to get a longer feel for it before I sand the wheels and make a decision on paint.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it. Looks similar to mine. Great minds think alike!
Old 09-23-2013, 10:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks ricey to me...well not even ricey. The first thing that comes to mind when I see cars with the rims of the wheels painted bright colors (especially body color) is "donk" or "ghetto"

But to each his own.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
Looks ricey to me...well not even ricey. The first thing that comes to mind when I see cars with the rims of the wheels painted bright colors (especially body color) is "donk" or "ghetto"

But to each his own.
What I was gonna say,

really has that ghetto vibe but to each their own and maybe the op is black? who knows?
Old 09-23-2013, 01:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by silent_soul
What I was gonna say,

really has that ghetto vibe but to each their own and maybe the op is black? who knows?
wow... smh
Old 09-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
wow... smh
Whats wrong with what I said? If the shoe fits

sure im not the most politically correct but this is a car forum

Last edited by silent_soul; 09-23-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

where do you guys live that having an accent wheel color the same as the body is ghetto. You guys must be chalky as **** lol. I could see if the whole wheel was body color then ya it would look terrible. When I think ghetto I think Ford Crown Vic on 24s with a 6 inch lift.
And Im white BTW if that matters. lol
I don't think this is anywhere near being ghetto when its on a nice car especially with a staggered set of wide wheels.

What I was gonna say,

Old 09-24-2013, 07:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jaxcam02
where do you guys live that having an accent wheel color the same as the body is ghetto. You guys must be chalky as **** lol. I could see if the whole wheel was body color then ya it would look terrible. When I think ghetto I think Ford Crown Vic on 24s with a 6 inch lift.
And Im white BTW if that matters. lol
I don't think this is anywhere near being ghetto when its on a nice car especially with a staggered set of wide wheels.
Maybe its by me and not much else, but all the black guys usually have a candy paint car with the rim lip painted to match. Usually big rims that are chrome. So when I see that it reminds me of that.

I will be honest though im a good ole country boy that through the nature of my nurture can come off racist.

I dont mean too. Honestly though man if you like it its all that matters. I plastidipped my rims flat color and love it. Some guys on base poke fun saying im too broke to powdercoat or just buy glossifier but I like it that way.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its all good, Im not gonna lie im not entirely convinced to take the time to completely redo the wheel and have the final result be the whole lip being red. I think Im leaning towards the whole black wheel and lip with the pinstripe.

Maybe its by me and not much else, but all the black guys usually have a candy paint car with the rim lip painted to match. Usually big rims that are chrome. So when I see that it reminds me of that.

I will be honest though im a good ole country boy that through the nature of my nurture can come off racist.

I dont mean too. Honestly though man if you like it its all that matters. I plastidipped my rims flat color and love it. Some guys on base poke fun saying im too broke to powdercoat or just buy glossifier but I like it that way.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Launching!

Its all good, Im not gonna lie im not entirely convinced to take the time to completely redo the wheel and have the final result be the whole lip being red. I think Im leaning towards the whole black wheel and lip with the pinstripe.
I think pinstriping could look good. I saw a guy on base do black and blue and the blue was put on like blood spatter looks cool but at the same time from afar it just looks like a shitty paint job.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

When I think ghetto I think Ford Crown Vic on 24s with a 6 inch lift.
And those cars are about the only ones I ever see it on, the occassional Subaru or S2000 taking up the rest.

Not that I care what I have or haven't seen it on, IMO it just plain looks bad. Cartoony and childish would be other words that come to mind.

Not saying my opinion has or should have any weight, it's your car...but if you ask for opinions I will share mine.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:19 PM
TECH Resident

I like it. Of course, I'm partial to black wheels with a body-color lip I guess.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Launching!

First off, love the lip.

Second, why not just plast-dip the black portions... black. That will cure the center cap and "rivet" problem. The wheels on my truck are dipped and they are holding up great, so you could always leave them dipped for a more cost effective route.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well my goal was not to have plastidip be the finished product. This was just temporary until I have the time and money to completely strip the wheel and fill in those fake rivets with some JB weld and fix whatever curb rash I have before painting w.e. I decide to paint.

Originally Posted by blackpala96
First off, love the lip.

Second, why not just plast-dip the black portions... black. That will cure the center cap and "rivet" problem. The wheels on my truck are dipped and they are holding up great, so you could always leave them dipped for a more cost effective route.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I like the color matched lip, but that color/finish is too much for the size of the lip, IMO. Make the red line thinner looking and black out the center caps and it'd be perfect to me. As it sits right now, it's not offensive to me. Then again, it's your car and our opinions shouldn't matter TOO much.

Another thought I had was wondering if you did it in a metallic/chrome red, how that would look.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Photoshopped the final look I want

So I spent the last hour photoshopping what I have decided will be the final result. You guys like?

to....

and...

to...

Attached Thumbnails Plastidipped red lip-dscf3551.jpg   Plastidipped red lip-dscf35511.jpg   Plastidipped red lip-dscf3553.jpg   Plastidipped red lip-dscf35533.jpg  
Old 11-09-2013, 05:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I think that'll look a lot better
Old 11-10-2013, 06:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks good, keep it....

Holy ****, you already took it off, I liked the original look.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 202 Likes on 122 Posts

it would look good if those wheels were different. IMO those wheels suck. that's just me tho
Old 11-10-2013, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaRReLL
Looks good, keep it....

Holy ****, you already took it off, I liked the original look.
Im confused, what did I already take off?

Quick Reply: Plastidipped red lip