Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Which hood for a 1994 camaro z28?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fbodyrs96
Harwood
def goes with the front end lines nicely......
Old 10-12-2013, 01:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
2.5" cowl... http://www.eharwood.com/catalog/HOOD...Bolt-On%29/398

I've heard some good things about VIS carbon fiber hoods, just not from the f-body world since they aren't too popular here.

lol. but seriously, the nostrils belong to t/a's and their pontiac brethren only!!!
but im not the one that put the WS6 hood on the Camaro
Old 10-12-2013, 01:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

lol its all good. different strokes for different folks! I've just never been a fan of anything I've seen with the WS6 ram air nostril look. seen it on camaros and plenty of different trucks, just never seems to look right... it's a pontiac thing!
Old 10-12-2013, 10:36 AM
TECH Veteran

^^Agreed. I think the worst is when I see it on Chevy Tahoes and pickups. Who the hell steps back and says, "damn, that looks good and flows with the lines of the truck!"? Meh, no taste
Old 10-18-2013, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

well i think the VFN 3 inch ss hood is the winning ticket, but no hood for me anymore, wife is pregnant again. LOL ill just be glad i got the car a month ago before this happened!!!!!! thanks guys for the tips.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stock hood looks fine anyway. Congrats on the kid
Old 10-18-2013, 11:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stevesfbody
Stock hood looks fine anyway. Congrats on the kid
thanks man...im hoping it may be what my family (my wife and i, and my mother) needed to refocus all of our anger/rage/sadness of the tragic way we lost my father, onto something more positive. im hoping its a step in the right direction for whats left of my family. its been a tough road being the 26, now 27 year old oldest man left in the family...let alone trying to pick up the pieces and move on while supporting myself, my wife, mother, and 2 year old son through the toughest time of our lives hands down. really just hoping this can be the resurrection of some happiness.....cause i can tell you, all the crap ive bought since he died, boat, car etc to deal with my grief helped some but they are just short term band aids. they certainly dont fill the void of loosing my father, who was also my best friend, nothing will.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:52 PM
Teching In

Just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to lose someone close, 10/29/11 I lost my best friend that I've known since we were kids, 3 weeks after that my grandmother passed away, then on 11/12/12 I lost my fiancée. I can't imagine what it's like to lose your father, but time heals all wounds (or so they say), an hopefully the new addition to your family will help. Congrats on that btw
Old 10-19-2013, 12:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DaveyB
Just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to lose someone close, 10/29/11 I lost my best friend that I've known since we were kids, 3 weeks after that my grandmother passed away, then on 11/12/12 I lost my fiancée. I can't imagine what it's like to lose your father, but time heals all wounds (or so they say), an hopefully the new addition to your family will help. Congrats on that btw
wow man, im sorry to hear that as well!!!! hang in there and keep all those memories alive in a hallow place in your heart....i find talking about it helps alot, whether its the good times, or the "demise" for lack of better words times. just cant hold it all in. hopefully things only get better for you from here!! i really hope time heals wounds, but it hasnt yet...not sure ill ever accept what happened.

i kind of have a list going here as well it seems these days
april 2012 my great grandmother, but she was 95 and more than ready to go, lived a good life.

feb 2013 my female siberian husky who WAS a good dog, had her for almost 4 years, decided she was going to literally try and kill my son for what appears no reason at all, plastic surgery and a hundred or so stitches or so on his face, in places like his temple, near his eye, near the arteries in his neck, but no SEVERE damage, dog was put down while he was in surgery.....i made the mistake of saying it could never get worse than this.

2.5 weeks later in march of 2013 i was narrowly missed by an intoxicated snowmobiler traveling at a high rate of speed, instead of me (5 or 6 inches away) he struck and killed my father in a head on collision. im ridden with survivors guilt to this day, if i would have known those lights coming at us were destined to kill my father, i would have taken the guy out myself long before he ever got near my dad or my wife.....

september 2013 we loose my grandmother, my moms mom. so my poor mother, at 49 years old. has no husband, and now no parents, i feel for her so bad, but i am so numb over my dads loss, i havent even digested the thoughts of my grandmother.

i relive the sounds and the horrible images from the night i lost my dad, every, single, night.... from the sound of a 100mph impact between two machines, to the fire, my father flying through the air, and the horrific images once i reached him which i wont get into.....but im here, so were making the best of it. calling my mother and telling her i wouldnt be bringing dad home tonight, was the hardest phone call i ever had to make. leaving his mangled sled on the lake, his body in the ambulance, and just rolling back to the town 20 miles south of where we were, to pick up his truck and my trailer, and load up the sleds we had left.....and drive 2.5 hours home in the mountains while it was snowing, in the middle of the night, without him in the truck....was the toughest thing i ever HAD to do.....

anyway, baby on the way....time to set the head on straight and tight and get positive! how cool would it be to bring the newborn home in the Z28? would make for some pretty epic pictures and memories! ill be sure to do it, if my wife lets me.

Last edited by ZEEYAL8R; 10-19-2013 at 12:31 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you should get the SS hood and spoiler, paint it red or black and get some c5/zr1 wheels. That way it will stand out for sure.....
Old 10-22-2013, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by whytryz28
I think you should get the SS hood and spoiler, paint it red or black and get some c5/zr1 wheels. That way it will stand out for sure.....
not bad advise but i love the aftermarket spoiler on the car now, and i just put 17" AR ttms on the car a few weeks ago. I like the vfn 3 inch SS hood.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ss imo!
Old 10-23-2013, 01:38 PM
Launching!

Ultra Z hood for me. Looks sweet.

Quick Reply: Which hood for a 1994 camaro z28?