Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

New product... What do you want to see?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to see a product that'll filter SnIpeZ.
6LE can you make my dreams come true??
Old 06-20-2014, 12:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
I'd like to see a product that'll filter SnIpeZ.
6LE can you make my dreams come true??
Can we make a bat spray that kills all bats in the area instantly?

Plz 6LE
Old 06-22-2014, 11:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Runamuck
I vote for LED tail lights, but I'd want a modern approach, not just LED's inside Tails made for standard bulbs. They'd have to be done right.

Completely redesign the look and function. Something like the style of the newer cars, like the Dart where the Brake is in the shape of the light housing, and the back up and signal are inside of the brake light line.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Would be awesome!
Old 06-23-2014, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

front fenders for camaros without the bulge for the side mirrors and better looking side mirrors to go with that
Old 06-25-2014, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All mentioned before, but I think these would take my car exactly where I want it to go, so I'd like to revisit them:

Love this splitter, it's the only one I'd want on my car. Sorry, I just don't dig the current ABS splitter. This, with the side skirts/splash guards, and the ZR1 rear bumper you offer would really modernize the 4th gen:
Originally Posted by LT4vert
Its a bit more involved but with the new RK Sport partnership, possibly doable.

Make the integrated ZR1 type splitter I designed for the TA and Camaros And the subtle ZL1 style side ground fx pieces with the splash guards. For the Camaro it would all go amazing with the ZR1 rear bumper you guys have on your site.

I used Chamans amazing looking Trans Am for this edit. Just so no one would PM him about the yellow fog lights and white DRL's, thats photoshopped as well.

I'd really like this -
Originally Posted by Atrus_SS
Said it before, I'll say it again (maybe I am the only one who wants this)....clear and/or smoked SS spoiler CHMSL. Thus far, I have only seen the OE SLP reds for sale.
Originally Posted by DaRReLL
Clear brake light lens for the 98-02 Camaro SS Spoiler. I've looked all over with no luck (eBay). Hawk's has replacement red ones but not clear.
Some tasteful non-ricey taillights would be awesome. I'll probably end up with a winter project this winter or next winter to retrofit some LT1 tails with LEDS like those below. Just want to get rid of the LS1 amber and get something that looks a little more clean and modern.

Originally Posted by possessedsaint
some legit 4th gen tail lights
Originally Posted by Runamuck
I vote for LED tail lights, but I'd want a modern approach, not just LED's inside Tails made for standard bulbs. They'd have to be done right.

Completely redesign the look and function. Something like the style of the newer cars, like the Dart where the Brake is in the shape of the light housing, and the back up and signal are inside of the brake light line.

I think something along the lines of the Vantage could look good on a Camaro. Would need to get proportions right and whatnot, but I'd like a "clear" tail that still has the reflective finish in it (I don't like crystal clear, seeing bulbs) that doesn't look ricey.

Originally Posted by 1FASTZ28

Some early fourth generation LED tail lights like these would be great.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:18 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

x2 for the splitter. I like that there aren't any Chrome/ Silver washer that bolt the splitter up.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99WS6MAN
x2 for the splitter. I like that there aren't any Chrome/ Silver washer that bolt the splitter up.
I like that it gets rid of the downward slant the OE bumper has, but isn't just this massive void between a flat piece of ABS and the OE bumper. Fits nice and flush on the sides and then has an open area right in the middle. Just looks like it's supposed to be there. I know the McNord bumper is supposed to do this too, but it just doesn't flow well for me. Too blocky and too much body colored real estate on that piece. This gives a nice seam, works with the OE bumper...I like it.

Textured black plastic on that, the skirts, and then a ZR1 rear bumper would be a great addition I think.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Some tasteful non-ricey taillights would be awesome. I'll probably end up with a winter project this winter or next winter to retrofit some LT1 tails with LEDS like those below. Just want to get rid of the LS1 amber and get something that looks a little more clean and modern.
Something like this would be quite awesome. Little photoshop fun tonite. I got lazy making the animation though, so I just recorded with my phone turning the layers on and off lol.

Old 06-26-2014, 06:39 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thats sweet!
Old 06-26-2014, 07:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That's way more awesome than I thought it would be!
Old 06-26-2014, 10:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

An actual dashpad, not a cover

EDIT: he responded... NOT COST EFFECTIVE AT ALL!! lol

Last edited by ThoR294; 06-30-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

how about making a pcm cover out of plastic or fiberglass. Im looking for a pcm cover and i think only one place makes it and its metal . I want a tighter fitting better wrapping one .
Old 07-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Banned

I like all the Camaro tail light concepts but there is ZERO point in us making them since there are already so many Camaro tail light options.

You could just buy these...

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=474

Bake the lenses off and spray the inside any design you want, just like if we made clear lenses but WAYYYYYY cheaper.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes, but none of the current options outside of OE are even remotely attractive. Sorry, but even painted those tails you linked would be fugly.

If the business case isn't there, it isn't there, but it seems just in this thread there's a few folks interested. I know I've been looking at aftermarket tails for a few years now and have found nothing I even remotely like.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Yes, but none of the current options outside of OE are even remotely attractive. Sorry, but even painted those tails you linked would be fugly.

If the business case isn't there, it isn't there, but it seems just in this thread there's a few folks interested. I know I've been looking at aftermarket tails for a few years now and have found nothing I even remotely like.
I get what Mark is saying. I plan to do exactly that when I make the taillights I linked in the youtube vid. The Camaro tails are not able to be separated like the Firebird's. The lens of the stock Camaro taillight is sonic welded to the base housing. Even if Mark could make a Camaro lens, most are not going to buy it because most people would ruin their taillights trying to cut off the old lens, and hes right, the clear lens already exists. The aftermarket light Mark listed gives you a base with a removable lens. Just gut the ugly internal components out and start over

Last edited by LT4vert; 07-03-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Dude that's a brilliant idea, I didn't realize you could open those up. So those can be opened like bird tails can for sure?

Not only that, but those tails give you LED driver circuit boards as well.

Oh now you've really got me thinking, and that could be a dangerous thing
Old 07-03-2014, 05:44 PM
Banned

^^Exactly. There's tons of others out there but I chose to link to those because they are basically red leds all across so whatever you design would light up...
Old 07-03-2014, 08:33 PM
Staging Lane

grille with z28 badging
Old 07-04-2014, 12:50 AM
Launching!

U may already make these or know somebody who does? I'm lookn for the little triangle piece with the rubber trim that is urethaned on to the front corner of the sail panel on a 2000 camaro. I'm sure camaro and ta are the same but I thought I saw somebody making them from carbon fiber if so I'd like to know who? Anybody know feel free 2 pm me!
Old 07-04-2014, 12:52 AM
TECH Regular

I want to see to see a better solution for the center door consoles.. gm made these things to break I swear

Quick Reply: New product... What do you want to see?