Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

New product... What do you want to see?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 01:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3stgstocker
U may already make these or know somebody who does? I'm lookn for the little triangle piece with the rubber trim that is urethaned on to the front corner of the sail panel on a 2000 camaro. I'm sure camaro and ta are the same but I thought I saw somebody making them from carbon fiber if so I'd like to know who? Anybody know feel free 2 pm me!
You mean this? it is connected to the sail is it not?

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=243
Old 07-05-2014, 12:03 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

how about a plate like these for 93-97 birds that fits a BI-XENON: MORIMOTO MINI H1 6.0 (http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...l#.U7guNVacGn0) projectors. it would be a cheap and effective high/low beam HID setup. could be ~200 rather than $700+

could sell as just plates or as a kit with a mini H1 setup.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by formula218
how about a plate like these for 93-97 birds that fits a BI-XENON: MORIMOTO MINI H1 6.0 (http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...l#.U7guNVacGn0) projectors. it would be a cheap and effective high/low beam HID setup. could be ~200 rather than $700+

could sell as just plates or as a kit with a mini H1 setup.
What do these lights look like? The back plate I can make myself on our laser in the metal shop. :p
Old 07-05-2014, 03:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sickness7
What do these lights look like? The back plate I can make myself on our laser in the metal shop. :p
the projector looks like this

you would just have to make hole in the plate the size of your projector.

could you make me a set? if so how PM me how much.

Last edited by formula218; 07-05-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Launching!

i suggested those because they are small and bi-xenon.

98+ guys could use these for the separate low/high
http://www.rallylights.com/hella-60m...mp-module.html
Old 07-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

The problem with just a mounting plate for those Morimoto H1 projectors is that they aren't a sealed projector like the Hella 60mm that those plates are intended for. You have to make a housing to contain them and protect them from the elements. Leaving them exposed will ruin them quick.

Check out the Firebird Projectors Section of the Lighting FAQ for some DIY options:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/7014488-post5.html

Check out BLS (Blackbird Lighting Solutions) for a pre-made kit. It uses FX-R bi-xenon projectors inside a housing (well, partial housing - it has a front outer lens).

Also, the FX-R bi-xenon projector is a better projector. Better output and uses D2S OEM bulbs instead of aftermarket H1 HID Kit bulbs.

http://www.blackbirdlighting.com/93-97.php

BLS has kits for:
1993-1997 Camaro
1998-2002 Camaro
1993-1997 Firebird
1998-2002 Firebird

Different kits use different projectors though.

Last edited by VIP1; 07-05-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RONIN LSX
Why don't you pick up where KLRWS6 left off with that bad *** bumper he was designing!?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...-part-2-a.html

juSStin4171 made a BAD *** radiator cover, but for his Camaro...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/florida-m...lip-cover.html

And STILL waiting on this to come to fruition!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/convertib...oupe-wing.html

And what about a better and a bit more radical tonneau cover! I have the RKS Speedster Tonneau and I think a better job can be done!

Thanks for the compliments, but there was a lot of interest until it was time to pay. Fair warning 6le! Good luck with all the new stuff you plan on bringing to the community.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by VIP1
The problem with just a mounting plate for those Morimoto H1 projectors is that they aren't a sealed projector like the Hella 60mm that those plates are intended for. You have to make a housing to contain them and protect them from the elements. Leaving them exposed will ruin them quick.

Check out the Firebird Projectors Section of the Lighting FAQ for some DIY options:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/7014488-post5.html

Check out BLS (Blackbird Lighting Solutions) for a pre-made kit. It uses FX-R bi-xenon projectors inside a housing (well, partial housing - it has a front outer lens).

Also, the FX-R bi-xenon projector is a better projector. Better output and uses D2S OEM bulbs instead of aftermarket H1 HID Kit bulbs.

http://www.blackbirdlighting.com/93-97.php

BLS has kits for:
1993-1997 Camaro
1998-2002 Camaro
1993-1997 Firebird
1998-2002 Firebird

Different kits use different projectors though.
i emailed you guys today about getting just the lens or light housing from you, i don't care for the shrouds in your lights and would rather put my own setup together so i can use the pieces i want. if i can't get lens i'll just have to do the hella projectors and plates.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

the projector looks like this

you would just have to make hole in the plate the size of your projector.

could you make me a set? if so how PM me how much.
I meant more so for myself I have to pay for our laser or punch and processing of the work I want done. Just cheaper than if I were an actual customer.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:30 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

i emailed you guys today about getting just the lens or light housing from you, i don't care for the shrouds in your lights and would rather put my own setup together so i can use the pieces i want. if i can't get lens i'll just have to do the hella projectors and plates.
I may have given the wrong impression. I don't work for BLS.

However, if you don't like the shrouds, he can probably put something else in there. From what I remember, he gets his parts from The Retrofit Source and they have plenty of options.

Here is a list of shrouds they have:
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...s/shrouds.html
Old 07-06-2014, 06:42 AM
Launching!

I may have given the wrong impression. I don't work for BLS. However, if you don't like the shrouds, he can probably put something else in there. From what I remember, he gets his parts from The Retrofit Source and they have plenty of options. Here is a list of shrouds they have: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...s/shrouds.html
Ok, I'll wait to hear back from them then. The plates above, are only listed for 98-02, i dont know if they would work for 93-97 or not, waiting to hear back from him too.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:16 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

The 1998-2002 Firebird mounting plates will not work on a 1993-1997 Firebird.

The 1993-1997 Firebird uses a larger dual-filament sealed beam headlight (low beam and high beam in one sealed beam) than the 1998-2002 Firebird which uses smaller separate low beam and high beam sealed beam headlights.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Teching In

Default Interior Carbon Fiber Pieces

Don't know if this was posted already or not , but have yet to see anyone sell interior carbon fiber pieces or a leather wrapped combo option. I am sure many people would be willing to pay for nice upgrade.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:13 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Those were offered in the past by a few vendors (including 6LE, if I remember correctly), but decreasing interest/sales led to them being discontinued.

I think 6LE still does hydrodipping. However, I've never seen a hydrodipped carbon-fiber look-a-like that actually looked real. They all look a bit off.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Exclamation

Yeah IMHO $ talks and B/S walks, 6LE just reoffered their rear firebird diffusers at a killer price for 10 units on a preorder. Guess what, they still don't have 10 units sold! Everybody talks about what they want but when its time to pony the up the $, its a different story. These guys can't front all of these projects. Be interested to hear how many sets of custom T/A tail light lenses they sold, I bet the numbers would shock you. (not many!) I am thankful Mark & Co are here to offer cool stuff for our 4th gen cars, lets face it, 4th gens are now in the same boat as 3rd gens as far as aftermarket parts go; 5th gens have stole the show in aftermarket parts but that's where the $ is. (rant off) Thanks 6LE!
Old 07-07-2014, 03:52 PM
FormerVendor

how about a plate like these for 93-97 birds that fits a BI-XENON: MORIMOTO MINI H1 6.0
I happened to peruse this thread and saw your comments so apologies for the delayed reply. As mentioned later in the thread, the MH1 6.0's are not sealed (neither front or back) so it is not advisable to use this projector for this application with simply a plate and a lens. I won't get into pricing since this isn't a thread for our product development. We could offer a bare bones setup using the 60mm Hella's but you are leaving a lot on the table regarding light output for the space available. Our kits can be sold without certain items if you wish to source those items yourself. VIP1 does not work for us however he is extremely educated on lighting retrofits and products available on the market.

Thanks for jumping in. Your comments are spot on.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Launching!

thanks for both of your help, i'm returning your email right now.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Atrus_SS
All mentioned before, but I think these would take my car exactly where I want it to go, so I'd like to revisit them:

Love this splitter, it's the only one I'd want on my car. Sorry, I just don't dig the current ABS splitter. This, with the side skirts/splash guards, and the ZR1 rear bumper you offer would really modernize the 4th gen:

I'd really like this -

Some tasteful non-ricey taillights would be awesome. I'll probably end up with a winter project this winter or next winter to retrofit some LT1 tails with LEDS like those below. Just want to get rid of the LS1 amber and get something that looks a little more clean and modern.
We can make the photoshopped splitter but it would be expensive. $600 + shipping is our quote... Now the price could go down, issue is what it is made out of...

Urethane, it would be cheap to MAKE but not produce. The part would be much cheaper (not quality just price) BUT the mold is around $10K. We would need about THIRTY orders at $400 (+ OR - SHIPPING, don't know yet) or else we'd have to double the price at 10 orders and still be way negative.

Fiberglass/CF the molds are cheaper, about 4K to 5K, but the finished product is more expensive. Hence $600 but only needing 10 pre-orders.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LT4vert
Something like this would be quite awesome. Little photoshop fun tonite. I got lazy making the animation though, so I just recorded with my phone turning the layers on and off lol.

Camaro taillight concept - YouTube
I like it, looking into making it. Little easier than the Trans Ams since there are companies already making housings. What I've researched is we could offer the design you came up with for $500 + shipping. That is the ENTIRE housings and a PAIR of tail lights though (unlike the trans am guys who are just getting lenses and having to modify their housings because no one sells their housings).

Let me know, 10 orders and we'll make them but we'll make them before we take orders as long as 10 people are willing to step up and buy.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JakeyLS1
grille with z28 badging
Which style Z28 emblem are you looking at?

Quick Reply: New product... What do you want to see?