Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

New product... What do you want to see?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 10:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I send you a message on Facebook the other day. I think some sort of replacement lower front fender bracket would be great!
Old 07-12-2014, 03:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mark could you find out who makes the camaro tail light housings for the product you have? I would like to get a hollow shell from them if possible and see about making something myself.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:29 PM
Banned

Company out of CA but they get them made and order in bulk and won't sell just pieces. We've tried to get them to let us order JUST the lenses on Camaro headlights for 2 years to sell to people but they won't do it ;(
Old 07-12-2014, 01:37 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark, Did you get the notice that the box I sent is at the Post Office?
Old 07-12-2014, 03:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

How about different headlight motor rubber caps?
Old 07-12-2014, 08:36 PM
Teching In

a front chin spoiler bolt on for LT1's; similar style to a Wings West type W - not a splitter
Old 07-13-2014, 01:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xBrandonx
How about different headlight motor rubber caps?
Did you need a pair? I think I have a set from my 96 I sold.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
Mark yall have such a good rep with RK sport I know I hear a lot of guys looking for the vert light bars (mock roll bar, like mine) they used to make for 4th gens, they still make light bars but just for 5th gens and mustangs, maybe they/ya'll can get a run of some more 4th gen light bars made, they fit both camaro and firebird 4th gens. I would troll the vert section and get a feel for this, I would imagine you could sell these on eBay too. Just a thought.

Originally Posted by RONIN LSX
x3...
Old 07-31-2014, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LT4vert
I used Chamans amazing looking Trans Am for this edit. Just so no one would PM him about the yellow fog lights and white DRL's, thats photoshopped as well.

This looks awesome. Can you photoshop this splitter onto a Formula? Preferably a lighter colored one so we can see how it conforms.

Last edited by erkki; 07-31-2014 at 07:38 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 08-03-2014, 02:45 PM
TECH Regular

maybe some new foglight housings designed not to melt.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by silverWS.6
I've been wanting to do something like this for a long time now but I just don't have the tools. I think this would look great and really good, if it could be made to sit flush with the console and maybe be able to get powdered black or other colors to match people interiors? I really think this is your million dollar idea and seriously debated even posting this cause I wanted to be the first, but I can't be that selfish with my fellow F-body people right?

I studied in his day
Old 11-05-2014, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sobrino8

I studied in his day
I don't think I am following you on why not? Is it because of the angle of the shifter rod itself or what? Now I'm curious haha
Old 11-05-2014, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That shifter plate is just silly....... I'd rather have some stuff most of our cars actually NEED. like the dash pad made of ABS plastic, replacement sun visors, etc. etc. stuff that breaks lol
Old 11-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Teching In

simply moving the lever is very small.
I really liked because I design, I planned to do, but the lever does not travel much space, the center console would be very clean, painted black aluminum would look perfect, but 1st to 3rd gear there is no room for slots.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ThoR294
That shifter plate is just silly....... I'd rather have some stuff most of our cars actually NEED. like the dash pad made of ABS plastic, replacement sun visors, etc. etc. stuff that breaks lol
do you need a pair of sunvisors? I have a charcoal pair if you want them. They are annoying in a convertible.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How about a better designed replacement for these things?

You'd only have to design one, and there are 5 in every Firebird and Trans Am sold from 1993-2002. One of mine is missing a slat, and at least 2 of them rotate so loosely that they change direction under hard cornering.

Something made from metal would be awesome. Maybe a brushed billet bezel and a more modern design for the center.

Anyone else need these?
Old 11-05-2014, 10:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by eb110americana

You'd only have to design one, and there are 5 in every Firebird and Trans Am sold from 1993-2002. One of mine is missing a slat, and at least 2 of them rotate so loosely that they change direction under hard cornering.

Something made from metal would be awesome. Maybe a brushed billet bezel and a more modern design for the center.

Anyone else need these?
Rumour is the end ones are a lil different size and check out mazda miata ac vents, middle ones are supposed to be direct fit and the outer ones need some shimming via like tape...fyi.

As per a member on this forum.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I didn't read all 11 pages, has anyone mentioned a more functional spoiler? Looking for something which would be taller for open track, but shorter on the street.

Something like the clear race spoilers shown here:
http://blainefab.com/spoiler.html

... but which will mount easier with minimal removing body part modifications, and will look more like a factory integrated option... and the height could range from 5-10" tall, perhaps used slotted bolt holes, multiple holes, removable extension...?

Not sure how the angle of your Dick Harrell spoilers compares to the clear version above... could the height of the DH spoiler be increased from the base 5" to a range of 5-10" in steps using a lexan extension for rear visibility? On the street we could lower/remove the extension, but on the track we could set the desired extension height.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default A better quality replacement for the extinct BG Ram Air.

A 6LE Ram Air kit for LS1 WS6 owners would be awesome! I know we've discussed it before Mark and you don't want to disrespect Brain Green...but he stopped making it years ago and it had lots of room for improvement. The plastic used in the BGRA was terrible and becomes very brittle over time. The foam he used to seal the hood to the WS6 air box disintegrates over time as well. A molded silicone or rubber seal would have been much better.

He didn't patent it, and chose to stop making it. From my contact with him about it, it is obvious that he looks at his legacy he's left to the f-body community. Sorry...that's not how it works. We're gear heads. If we need it, or want it we'll find a way to get it. Then look for ways to make it better, faster, or stronger. It's how we're wired.

Again Mark, I have a kit minus the rain block off plate and the nostril corner pieces that were used to delete the OEM nostril grilles that I'll donate to the cause so you can get dimensions on and build templates to make an improved version using better materials and better fit/finish and not be copying. Same idea...better product. If BG doesn't like that...he needs to get over himself, be realistic instead of being selfish, and get over it.

The only thing I ask is if you bring one to market, let me have one for free or really really cheap. If you're not successful at making one...send mine back to me. If it's destroyed in the process of trying...give me one helluva deal on the clear honeycombs when you get them fixed.
At least think it over...I think there's still a sizable market for these.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by eb110americana

Anyone else need these?
Was about to mention the Miata mo but some one already did... We have a full set with billet rings if anyone is interested. Bought for a car we sold.

Quick Reply: New product... What do you want to see?