Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

New product... What do you want to see?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 06:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

body parts are great and all, but super expensive and there is a smaller market. Why not fix a known issue. Like the air lids? Many brands make a thin plastic piece that is horrible at sealing around the filter, or just plain flimsy and crack around the area where the MAF goes. why not take a mold of the bottom part of a BlackWing intake and add a FTP top half for an increase in air flow. mesh those two pieces using high quality plastic like the BlackWing is made out of and that is a sure seller. The BlackWings routinely sell for $200 used. Give us a BlackWing with a bigger lid and more people will pay $200 for that over some stock piece.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:33 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RedDeadG8
body parts are great and all, but super expensive and there is a smaller market. Why not fix a known issue. Like the air lids? Many brands make a thin plastic piece that is horrible at sealing around the filter, or just plain flimsy and crack around the area where the MAF goes. why not take a mold of the bottom part of a BlackWing intake and add a FTP top half for an increase in air flow. mesh those two pieces using high quality plastic like the BlackWing is made out of and that is a sure seller. The BlackWings routinely sell for $200 used. Give us a BlackWing with a bigger lid and more people will pay $200 for that over some stock piece.
The reason for that is the reason the other companies don't make it, it really doesn't fit. There's not the room/distance/etc... to do that so they half *** it and sell it anyways. Not to mention it would be MULTIPLE injection molds which would SKY ROCKET the price to recoup those costs.

The ones that DON'T injection mold are just thermal forming and "gluing" together, hence the cracking.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
The reason for that is the reason the other companies don't make it, it really doesn't fit. There's not the room/distance/etc... to do that so they half *** it and sell it anyways. Not to mention it would be MULTIPLE injection molds which would SKY ROCKET the price to recoup those costs.

The ones that DON'T injection mold are just thermal forming and "gluing" together, hence the cracking.
I still think a "blackwing quality" lid with a 102mm snout that fits would sell like crazy. Even at over $200.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by drain89
I still think a "blackwing quality" lid with a 102mm snout that fits would sell like crazy. Even at over $200.
"Fits" is the key word. Sommer and I tried this about 3 years ago. Getting something that does all that and fits is (to us and apparently all the other manufacturers) impossible. There just isn't the room.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

If we are talking intakes here, I would like something that snakes around the radiator and pulls air from both sides of the grille. I've thought about this for a while and I just don't know what kind of room there is to try something like this right now.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^thats called the sux2bu ram air
Old 04-08-2015, 02:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Angel eyes

Some nice angel eye headlights for the lt1 community because I know you love us soooooo much
Old 04-14-2015, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

I might have mentioned this before but what about doing replacement seat foams? Especially for cars like Trans Am's that do not have a new replacement option in the aftermarket. Could even go so far as reshaping them some to modernize the look and feel a little as well to go along with your seat covers.

No one makes these to my knowledge and buying used kinda sucks especially because of the prices.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
I might have mentioned this before but what about doing replacement seat foams? Especially for cars like Trans Am's that do not have a new replacement option in the aftermarket. Could even go so far as reshaping them some to modernize the look and feel a little as well to go along with your seat covers.

No one makes these to my knowledge and buying used kinda sucks especially because of the prices.
I was coming into this thread JUST to say this. I seriously can't believe they haven't already done this yet. It's an easy money maker. Tons of people have been asking for years, and no one has responded to the call. Why do you shun us 6LE?
Old 04-19-2015, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

That damn Ultra Z hood would be nice. I gurantee you could sell more than 10 of'em**
Old 04-21-2015, 12:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An aggressive body kit would be sweet... borderline over the top kind.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd

Originally Posted by SnIpEz
I was coming into this thread JUST to say this. I seriously can't believe they haven't already done this yet. It's an easy money maker. Tons of people have been asking for years, and no one has responded to the call. Why do you shun us 6LE?
Sorry, been in the hospital (just had my first kid, a son ) but we get that question once a week lol. Unfortunately haven't found a way yet.

Was just talking to Gil though and we had this thought...

What if we made JUST the pieces that wear out? The outside lumbars. We CAN make those and then you would just cut yours out and glue these in...
Old 04-21-2015, 01:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2JAWZ
That damn Ultra Z hood would be nice. I gurantee you could sell more than 10 of'em**
Unfortunately we tried. Could NOT get 2 let alone ten lol.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

We already do. If you get our seats and our brackets (not the ebay knock off ones, ours are designed by us for our cars specifically so they sit lower and allow you to slide further back) you have this ability.

Can I use them with other seats? Not to be rude, but I prefer a different style of set, than what you have.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RONIN LSX
Can I use them with other seats? Not to be rude, but I prefer a different style of set, than what you have.
I honestly don't know. We've had to change the bracket 4 times over 4 years just to keep it working with this style...

We're about to release Recaro Z28 style seats if you're interested
Old 04-21-2015, 04:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I honestly don't know. We've had to change the bracket 4 times over 4 years just to keep it working with this style...

We're about to release Recaro Z28 style seats if you're interested
Pics please
Old 04-21-2015, 02:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry, been in the hospital (just had my first kid, a son ) but we get that question once a week lol. Unfortunately haven't found a way yet.

Was just talking to Gil though and we had this thought...

What if we made JUST the pieces that wear out? The outside lumbars. We CAN make those and then you would just cut yours out and glue these in...
Congrats man! Especially on the son

The lumbar was actually not what I had in mind, but rather than actual seat foam part you sit on. My Camaro cushion on the DS is shot and my Bird one is almost as flat as a pancake by this point

If you could find a way to get a brand new, or near brand new seat, is it possible to find a foam manufacturer or a shop with CNC bits made for foam? Or is there something else involved that stops the process?

Pics please
This too!
Old 04-21-2015, 03:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SnIpEz
Congrats man! Especially on the son

The lumbar was actually not what I had in mind, but rather than actual seat foam part you sit on. My Camaro cushion on the DS is shot and my Bird one is almost as flat as a pancake by this point

If you could find a way to get a brand new, or near brand new seat, is it possible to find a foam manufacturer or a shop with CNC bits made for foam? Or is there something else involved that stops the process?

This too!
Honestly no clue. Learning as we go on this ourselves... Also I typed wrong, when I typed lumbar I meant side bolster... I didn't realize the bottom cushions were wearing was well
Old 04-21-2015, 03:04 PM
Banned

Pics please
Should have the prototypes by the end of the week then we just give the thumbs up and finished product should be 1-2 weeks.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Ya the bottom cushion is in more need of some help than the sides

Quick Reply: New product... What do you want to see?