Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 08:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

airbag equiptment
Old 01-01-2014, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yup, it's an airbag sensor, all the yellow plugs indicate airbag equipment.

yank it all.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Primed:

Satin Black and Flat Clear:

Attached Thumbnails Just want to share some interior work im in the process of doing-dscf3627.jpg   Just want to share some interior work im in the process of doing-dscf3630.jpg  
Old 01-02-2014, 03:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VERY nice work. I did this on my Z28, factory NBM. Endless sanding, adhesion promoter (very important and too many skip this), primer, multiple coats of color, and multiple coats of clear. Came out looking factory and very good with zero texture. I really like what you've done with yours. So far, very tasteful.

The gloss/reflectiveness was a bit of a shock huh? My gauges seemed twice as bright at night lol.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GoFast908Z
VERY nice work. I did this on my Z28, factory NBM. Endless sanding, adhesion promoter (very important and too many skip this), primer, multiple coats of color, and multiple coats of clear. Came out looking factory and very good with zero texture. I really like what you've done with yours. So far, very tasteful.

The gloss/reflectiveness was a bit of a shock huh? My gauges seemed twice as bright at night lol.

Yea the gloss was surprisingly reflective. Im glad I just did the pieces I did in gloss before I decided to do the whole car gloss.
I would like to ask how you did the main dash body. Did you take the whole dash out or what. And also what did you do with the arm rests on the doors and center console. seems like its gonna chip paint on the armrests because its such a soft plastic. FOr the center console I think I will get a new pad from redline goods but on the doors Im not sure what to do.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxcam02
Yea the gloss was surprisingly reflective. Im glad I just did the pieces I did in gloss before I decided to do the whole car gloss.
I would like to ask how you did the main dash body. Did you take the whole dash out or what. And also what did you do with the arm rests on the doors and center console. seems like its gonna chip paint on the armrests because its such a soft plastic. FOr the center console I think I will get a new pad from redline goods but on the doors Im not sure what to do.
That's weird that gloss can be reflective.. Ida never thunk it.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by djfury05
That's weird that gloss can be reflective.. Ida never thunk it.
lol when I typed 'surprisingly reflective' I kinda felt stupid but honestly I just didnt even think about how much light could potentially be reflected in my eyes until I saw this.

I started thinking about a glossy dash pad and said **** that shiiiit.
Attached Thumbnails Just want to share some interior work im in the process of doing-imag1435.jpg  
Old 01-02-2014, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

Do the door sills just pop up with some prying or are there screws from the bottom?
Old 01-02-2014, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NBMZ/28
Do the door sills just pop up with some prying or are there screws from the bottom?
There are four clips holding it down starting at the ends and spaced evenly. Just pull up on them with your fingers and work your way across them
Old 01-02-2014, 01:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jaxcam02
I didn't do the dash or door panels. I did the gauge cluster bezel, the vents and the center stack. Also did the center console (shifter section, not the whole huge piece), and the trim pieces for the window switches and around the door handles. Any more than that I think it would be too much.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Staging Lane

Nice, man! I've been wanting to "dip" a few of my interior pieces. This is good inspiration. I think I'll start tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

So I finished up the center console parts. Like it is stated in my previous posts. The lower center console is satin black and the upper shifter portion and the cup holders are gloss. It came out pretty darn good if I say so myself. The cigarette lighters were a bitch to get out and the tabs snapped off when pulling them out so I had to hot glue them on the back when I put em back in.

Attached Thumbnails Just want to share some interior work im in the process of doing-cc2.jpg   Just want to share some interior work im in the process of doing-cc3.jpg   Just want to share some interior work im in the process of doing-cc4.jpg   Just want to share some interior work im in the process of doing-cc5.jpg   Just want to share some interior work im in the process of doing-cc1.jpg  

Old 01-03-2014, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

In the car

Attached Thumbnails Just want to share some interior work im in the process of doing-ff.jpg   Just want to share some interior work im in the process of doing-ff1.jpg  
Old 01-11-2014, 10:06 AM
TECH Resident

this would be a good time to put in a black carpet and some nice floor mats
Old 01-11-2014, 12:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I really like what you're doing.

Can I make a suggestion? For your door panels, I would suggest getting Firebird door panels. That will allow you to do a nice red insert. Use your imagination a bit:

Old 01-15-2014, 12:39 AM
Staging Lane

Check out the PPG soft feel paint for your dash. I've seen older rods with it. And I plan to use it in my '67.
It will work out pretty good for the dash and possibly panels that are not plastic.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spd-Kilz
I really like what you're doing.

Can I make a suggestion? For your door panels, I would suggest getting Firebird door panels. That will allow you to do a nice red insert. Use your imagination a bit:

SO I have been thinking more and more about this and I want to give it a try. If I want to transfer in these bird panels what all am I going to need and do all the bolt holes match up perfectly? I assume that its just a grab and swap but I want to make sure if I have to order some out of area. I really like the way the bird panels look and I want to order some panel inserts from reline goods in matching red with a SS logo of some sort embroidered in as well.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far I have collected it will snap and bolt in like a Camaro door panel. However, you need the window and door controls from a Firebird/TA. I was told somewhere that I would need to rewire somethings as well but I am doing Firebird/TA door panels and dash. With that said as far as the switches I don't know yet if the Camaro harness is plug and play with the TA switches.

This is another fall and winter project that I plan on doing this year. If you get to it before I do please post.

Last edited by LetsRide; 10-14-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LetsRide
As far I have collected it will snap and bolt in like a Camaro door panel. However, you need the window and door controls from a Firebird/TA. I was told somewhere that I would need to rewire somethings as well but I am doing Firebird/TA door panels and dash. With that said as far as the switches I don't know yet if the Camaro harness is plug and play with the TA switches.

This is another fall and winter project that I plan on doing this year. If you get to it before I do please post.
Hey subscribe to this and I'll see where we go with it. I'm thinking it's going to be a spring project for me so I will get into it more then. So far I've found out the plastic tabs all line up but you will have to make new screw holes for a few and there is some slight wiring to make the switches work. I saw a schematic for the wiring but I didn't download the image.

Quick Reply: Just want to share some interior work im in the process of doing